New Sellers - Search your question .... Get the answer Now!

lloydsolutions

If you are a new seller your question as to how to get your first order, promote your gigs, use Buyer Requests … will have been answered many times before.
For a really quick answer all you need to do is type your question in the search bar above and you will find lots of answers from previous posts.
Good luck! 🙂

• Like 98
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

The search 🔎 is a handy feature that I highly recommend.

Whenever I’m stumped on something or run into a bug/issue. I search the forum first to see if others shared their experiences or fixes. Which :stop_sign: stops me from creating topics on the same subject matter.

• Like 60
  • Congrats! 4
  • Up 1

On 4/25/2018 at 10:54 PM, lloydsolutions said:

type your question in the search bar above

This.

You can find your answer faster just by being a little proactive.

I don’t understand why many new users ask the same questions again and again while they can find the answer within 5s of search. 

• Like 45
  • Congrats! 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I’m offering a gig that involves supporting the buyer for up to a month, do I set delivery time to max 29 days and then have to wait for completion before the buyer pays or should I set delivery time lower to a few days where the coaching is only just beginning and expect the buyer to happily pay during the process not at the end?

The obvious answer for me is set to 29 days to reflect the time period covered, but as a new seller I also do not want to risk non payment at the end of a long process.

• Like 44
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2018 at 2:13 AM, designtouch87 said:

How can I get more oders in my gigs…

See, this is an example of why you should spell your words correctly.

You asked for more “oders” in your gigs. Without the “r” after the “o”, thereby creating the intended word, “order”, you’re left with just “oder”, which, regrettably sounds exactly like the word “odor”. Therefore, by misspelling your request, it reads a bit like you are looking for more bad smells to add to your gigs. No one is going to want to buy a smelly gig. 🤨

And, as a more direct result of your misspelling, the following seems a bit unfortunate as well:

According to the urban dictionary, an “ODer” is an “online dater”, referring specifically to two people who are dating in online games or social media. So, by misspelling such an integral word within your request, it looks – quite literally – like you are looking to play matchmaker, and find more online daters to hang out in your gigs.

I highly doubt that online daters are your target customers.

My advice: Don’t beg for odors or online daters here on the forum. Don’t beg for customers either. Learn how to be a businessman freelancer, and market and promote your gigs to find your customers. Odors, online daters, and all of us here on the forums are NOT your customers.

If you’re not going to take your freelance career seriously – or professionally,… why should we?

On 5/3/2018 at 2:21 AM, designtouch87 said:

give me some tips how to write a buyer request ?

And, to answer your question more specifically…

Your grammar and context is terrible. Since you are seeking “oders” (orders), I shall assume that by “writing a buyer request”, you actually mean writing a seller RESPONSE to a buyer request. The best way to do that is to directly address what the buyer is asking for, and show the buyer how you can fulfill their need.

There is no single way to do this. Connect with the buyer. Offer your services. That’s how it works. 

• Like 61
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

This is why I come to the forums.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:20 AM, jonbaas said:

Don’t beg for odors or online daters here on the forum.

This right here is the best advice I’ve heard on the forums this week. With all the rampant catfishing, you think you’re playing Divinity with this really cool dude but when you decide to face time it turns out they were a girl the entire time!

• Like 49
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, jonbaas said::

According to the urban dictionary, an “ODer” is an “online dater”, referring specifically to two people who are dating in online games or social media.

Whoa! I’ve learned something new today! 😂 

I’d comment more on this but my lips 💋 

• Like 45
  • Thanks 4

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/20/2018 at 3:45 PM, lloydsolutions said:

If you are a new seller your question as to how to get your first order, promote your gigs, use Buyer Requests … will have been answered many times before.
For a really quick answer all you need to do is type your question in the search bar above and you will find lots of answers from previous posts.
Good luck! 🙂

So true! There are a lot of people posting the same questions, and even the same answers when a quick search and some light reading will yield far better results.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 3