What if Best Practice is 'wrong'?

mattgiddie

Can I have what @mattgiddie is having?

Sorry if that isn’t quite universal.

Best practice is used when benchmarking a client company with another. It is used to denote the best ‘practice’ in the industry, done by best player or most effective firm etc.

So my criticality is whether we ever wonder who defines the best in the industry

Hope clear now

Best practice is used when benchmarking a client company with another. It is used to denote the best ‘practice’ in the industry, done by best player or most effective firm etc.

So my criticality is whether we ever wonder who defines the best in the industry

Hope clear now

In the freelancing industry? Or just in general?

If you’re talking about just the freelancing industry: is this even applicable to a field where so much is just individual players reaching out to clients?

If this is in general: I don’t know that the Fiverr forum is the best place to have a general discussion of business practicalities.

Hope clear now

Sorry i was joking a bit, but I know what ‘best practice’ is, it’s one of those office terms I ran away from in my previous corporate job.

You just give a definition of best practice. But it can be applicable for literally everything, not only for the example you give.

You could even share bests practices for boiling an egg if that’s your expertise.

Hope clear now

You can define it yourself then right? Since you don’t know who defines it, that leaves it open for you to do it to your own satisfaction.

Archived