Filter for Seller Location

miiila

If this happens then I’m confident that as a content writer from Pakistan I’m screwed indefinitely.

The more I think about it the more screwed I feel. Content writers from anywhere other than the US and UK will be screwed. Even besides that I’m confident that no one is ever gonna willingly choose from someone from Pakistan or India.

If this happens then I’m confident that as a content writer from Pakistan I’m screwed indefinitely.

The more I think about it the more screwed I feel. Content writers from anywhere other than the US and UK will be screwed. Even besides that I’m confident that no one is ever gonna willingly choose from someone from Pakistan or India.

yeah You are screwed. Just feel it 😃

Wow, that’s pretty big!

I wonder how many people will search for Ireland or other smaller countries as a location?

I don’t see it though, can you say whether multiple countries can be selected?

It starts with Albania and ends with Zimbabwe, I think everything is in, in my screenshot there just aren´t that many as I had the TRS filter on. I can also type into the field instead of using the dropdown, the countries matching the letters appear then.

Just one, it´s a bit weird too, if I choose, say, the first one, Albania, I´ll have to first highlight/delete the actual word Albania from the search box before the drop-down reappears.

The selected country appears as an x-able box on top of the filters, so I can x it away again, but can´t add another country to it, so it´s pretty cumbersome if you want to filter for multiple countries at once as far as I can tell.

If I go to Translation, now I need to enter right away from x to y to be able to go on

(drop-downs too, though you can right away click 4 “popular” choices without needing to click the dropdown;

in case anyone wanted to know, the “popular choices” are: English Spanish French Arabic)

and choose from English to German, I get 10+ pages; using the Seller Location filter, I´m down to 6 pages.

I’m predicting an influx of inaccurate locations in sellers profiles.

I’m predicting an influx of inaccurate locations in sellers profiles.

I agree that it could make this worse than it already is. I tried it out the search as well for funsies. I searched with “United States” as the filter. It still brought up sellers from Pakistan, India, Etc. So good news for you sellers in that area, you still show up no matter what filters are suggested.

I’m screwed too! Not just because of the location change but the “I will pick this person from this country because they are clearly poor and I can treat them like dirt” mentality of some buyers.

That said, I did do some sampling of other sellers work earlier this year. By far, the worst writing came from a place you might not expect it to. (To be as politically correct as possible).

I’m screwed too! Not just because of the location change but the “I will pick this person from this country because they are clearly poor and I can treat them like dirt” mentality of some buyers.

That said, I did do some sampling of other sellers work earlier this year. By far, the worst writing came from a place you might not expect it to. (To be as politically correct as possible).

By far, the worst writing came from a place you might not expect it to.

I can guess where that is. Looking at the bright side, if someone is searching for a seller from Malta you might be the only one who is shown.

They could give the option to permanently put a check mark next to countries we never want to see gigs from also. 🚫

Oh dear lord no, NO I’m not going back to those days man. I just ain’t. This ain’t worth it. My brother has finally landed that decent paying job so now I can actually get rid of Fiverr without having to live in the slums. If this shit goes down, I’m out. I am 100% OUT.

I can guess where that is. Looking at the bright side, if someone is searching for a seller from Malta you might be the only one who is shown.

They could give the option to permanently put a check mark next to countries we never want to see gigs from also. 🚫

Looking at the bright side, if someone is searching for a seller from Malta you might be the only one who is shown.

That ain’t happening. I’d rather roll around on fire in stinging nettles than work for 99% of clients from the rock I live on. I don’t accept work requests from locals as a rule. It never ends well. The culture here is to treat non-local employees like dirt and decide later if you want to pay them. This is why most of the cruise ships in the world fly the Maltese flag and pay abysmal wages. - There is no such thing as employee rights and this is exploited to full effect.

Hence my final move this year and establishing my own business away from this forsaken place.

The chances of that happening are just as high someone looking for a 10 year old to design a logo for a multi million dollar company. Being optimistic is one thing but wishing for the impossible is another.

Looking at the bright side, if someone is searching for a seller from Malta you might be the only one who is shown.

That ain’t happening. I’d rather roll around on fire in stinging nettles than work for 99% of clients from the rock I live on. I don’t accept work requests from locals as a rule. It never ends well. The culture here is to treat non-local employees like dirt and decide later if you want to pay them. This is why most of the cruise ships in the world fly the Maltese flag and pay abysmal wages. - There is no such thing as employee rights and this is exploited to full effect.

Hence my final move this year and establishing my own business away from this forsaken place.

If you want a business partner feel free to hit me up. I might have a lot of spare time by the end of this year.

I’m looking for a safe peaceful cultured part of the world so I’m studying French.

I’m tired of every person for themself barbarism.

And your looking at France or up North beyond the Wall?

Trust me, the only place you are going to find what you are looking for is:

28nbwf.jpg.b211e2f45c8c94547419e014f04cc71c.jpg

It starts with Albania and ends with Zimbabwe, I think everything is in, in my screenshot there just aren´t that many as I had the TRS filter on. I can also type into the field instead of using the dropdown, the countries matching the letters appear then.

Just one, it´s a bit weird too, if I choose, say, the first one, Albania, I´ll have to first highlight/delete the actual word Albania from the search box before the drop-down reappears.

The selected country appears as an x-able box on top of the filters, so I can x it away again, but can´t add another country to it, so it´s pretty cumbersome if you want to filter for multiple countries at once as far as I can tell.

If I go to Translation, now I need to enter right away from x to y to be able to go on

(drop-downs too, though you can right away click 4 “popular” choices without needing to click the dropdown;

in case anyone wanted to know, the “popular choices” are: English Spanish French Arabic)

and choose from English to German, I get 10+ pages; using the Seller Location filter, I´m down to 6 pages.

It’s days like this I wonder why I even bother trying anymore. It’s like every major site on the internet is running out of ideas and making decisions by through stuff at the wall and waiting for something to stick.

YouTube is killing itself, Fiverr has no idea what it wants, Freelancer shot itself in the leg a long time ago, PPH is like Fiverr but in early access, and the list of great sites going down the shitter just keeps on going.

Why do all these massive companies keep trying to fix what isn’t broken? Innovation is one thing but desperately trying to add something new regardless of consequence has never and will never work.

For now, I’m not seeing this option for myself but I can only wish they don’t decide to make it an actual thing.

It’s days like this I wonder why I even bother trying anymore. It’s like every major site on the internet is running out of ideas and making decisions by through stuff at the wall and waiting for something to stick.

YouTube is killing itself, Fiverr has no idea what it wants, Freelancer shot itself in the leg a long time ago, PPH is like Fiverr but in early access, and the list of great sites going down the shitter just keeps on going.

Why do all these massive companies keep trying to fix what isn’t broken? Innovation is one thing but desperately trying to add something new regardless of consequence has never and will never work.

For now, I’m not seeing this option for myself but I can only wish they don’t decide to make it an actual thing.

And yet sites like Dtube are still struggling to gain traction as real alternatives to Youtube, because they lack the equivalent of cool people into video games setting up shop as the next new Pewdiepie…

If only there were such aspiring people out there willing to explore new creative avenues… 😉

And yet sites like Dtube are still struggling to gain traction as real alternatives to Youtube, because they lack the equivalent of cool people into video games setting up shop as the next new Pewdiepie…

If only there were such aspiring people out there willing to explore new creative avenues… 😉

And yet sites like Dtube are still struggling to gain traction

YES, so much yes. I’ve tried it and I love it. Planning on uploading there myself. My only source of hope is that almost all the new up and coming sites know how important community is. They’re interacting with users, creators and the audience in general which is fantastic.

But when sites like Fiverr that can put out flashy ads in half a day to monopolize peoples attention it can be hard for the little guy to grow. Welp, I’m gonna go play some Divinity 2 and try to relax. Someday, you and I need to meet up and talk shit about everything together - it’ll be damn fun.

Perhaps it will disappear again, there were a couple of beta features the one or other people saw which didn´t make it through the test apparently.

I can understand your worries though, and if the filter will go live for everyone, I agree that it most probably will be a huge disadvantage for sellers of language related gigs, never mind if their command of English is actually better than that of some sellers whose native language it is or not.

I bought one content writing gig this year, and it was from a seller from a country many people are prejudiced against (and it was a great article, completely happy with it), but I´d be lying if I´d say I don´t think most people who want English language writing gigs wouldn´t filter for country.

We’ve seen buyers asking for a location filter on the forum quite often, and from certain considerations, and for certain niches, it makes some sense, obviously, but, like some other things, it disregards some aspects, like native English speakers living abroad, or people whose English is absolutely fine and good or more than good enough for the gigs they offer.

And yet sites like Dtube are still struggling to gain traction

YES, so much yes. I’ve tried it and I love it. Planning on uploading there myself. My only source of hope is that almost all the new up and coming sites know how important community is. They’re interacting with users, creators and the audience in general which is fantastic.

But when sites like Fiverr that can put out flashy ads in half a day to monopolize peoples attention it can be hard for the little guy to grow. Welp, I’m gonna go play some Divinity 2 and try to relax. Someday, you and I need to meet up and talk shit about everything together - it’ll be damn fun.

Someday, you and I need to meet up and talk shit about everything together - it’ll be damn fun.

Fun isn’t usually the word people choose to describe time spent allowing me to put their mind through a meat grinder. But if you ever want to hit me up, just find me via the Fiverr search by location feature and head in the direction other people seem to be running from. 🙂

So its interesting to see this.
This Location filter seems to be one of the few updates/changes that I can’t find a positive for or a workaround I can benefit from. Nor do I see it as positive for the whole platform.
I can see some people welcoming it, only to then realize that the reason they had issues were not because they were hiring a non-native speaker but because their budget was ridiculous and that regardless of where in the world you hire someone, you need to be extremely lucky to get top quality for bottom prices.
In fact, I would nearly go so far as to say that any times I have seen someone on the forum wanting this feature to be introduced, the real issue came out where the budget was simply unrealistic, nothing to do with the seller location.
After all, whether you hire someone who’s grammar isnt great or who structures sentences badly (being non-native speakers) or you hire someone who writes nondescript, droning articles (a native speaker), the effect is the same - it isn’t worth much. In addition, the ability to work with and hire people from all over the world enriches the content produced and the experience of buying, as does the ability to work for people all over the world.

I have been working with a young man from Botswana on a number of projects for the past few months and it is actually really exciting, challenging and interesting work which he is finding extremely useful and beneficial for him. Would he have ever considered hiring a guy from Ireland if he had been searching by location? I doubt it.

There are only two positives I can think of regarding this move.

1. I don’t think it will stay.
  2. @fastcopywriter will be happy with this change

So its interesting to see this.

This Location filter seems to be one of the few updates/changes that I can’t find a positive for or a workaround I can benefit from. Nor do I see it as positive for the whole platform.

I can see some people welcoming it, only to then realize that the reason they had issues were not because they were hiring a non-native speaker but because their budget was ridiculous and that regardless of where in the world you hire someone, you need to be extremely lucky to get top quality for bottom prices.

In fact, I would nearly go so far as to say that any times I have seen someone on the forum wanting this feature to be introduced, the real issue came out where the budget was simply unrealistic, nothing to do with the seller location.

After all, whether you hire someone who’s grammar isnt great or who structures sentences badly (being non-native speakers) or you hire someone who writes nondescript, droning articles (a native speaker), the effect is the same - it isn’t worth much. In addition, the ability to work with and hire people from all over the world enriches the content produced and the experience of buying, as does the ability to work for people all over the world.

I have been working with a young man from Botswana on a number of projects for the past few months and it is actually really exciting, challenging and interesting work which he is finding extremely useful and beneficial for him. Would he have ever considered hiring a guy from Ireland if he had been searching by location? I doubt it.

There are only two positives I can think of regarding this move.

1. I don’t think it will stay.
  2. @fastcopywriter will be happy with this change

the reason they had issues were not because they were hiring a non-native speaker but because their budget was ridiculous

you need to be extremely lucky to get top quality for bottom prices.

That’s the truth.

Archived