Please bring back the old inbox message system

misscrystal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the screenshot function of Firefox you should be able to save the whole page (not only the visible part).

I can save the whole page to a screenshot but I’m talking about the message itself.

As you can see, that short set of messages takes up a lot of space, going into two separate screenshots. That’s only 6 lines of message! Look how huge it is. And it’s not the font that’s huge, it’s the layout of the whole thing.

I often take screenshots of messages to save and now can’t even get them into one screenshot.

That entire 6 line message takes up at least 7 inches of space and would have fit into about 2.5 inches of space in the old system, or 3 inches with the whole picture of the couple in it.

For some reason, there is an entire inch of blank space in between each line of a message. What in the world would make that reasonable in a message system?

Imagine a book written like this:

Once upon a time in a land far away

lived a little princess with her mother.

Whenever it rained the little princess would stay inside

all day

and play with her dolls.

Only the spaces between each line are twice as wide as that! And the window to see the lines are only six inches tall!

I can save the whole page to a screenshot but I’m talking about the message itself.

As you can see, that short set of messages takes up a lot of space, going into two separate screenshots. That’s only 6 lines of message! Look how huge it is. And it’s not the font that’s huge, it’s the layout of the whole thing.

I often take screenshots of messages to save and now can’t even get them into one screenshot.

That entire 6 line message takes up at least 7 inches of space and would have fit into about 2.5 inches of space in the old system, or 3 inches with the whole picture of the couple in it.

For some reason, there is an entire inch of blank space in between each line of a message. What in the world would make that reasonable in a message system?

all day

and play with her dolls.

Only the spaces between each line are twice as wide as that! And the window to see the lines are only six inches tall!

all day

and play with her dolls.

Ok, this is how I am receiving messages at present. It all makes sense now.

As for your story, at least round it off a bit. Here, I’ll help:

all day

and play with her dolls,

blinded by the light of the 72" TV screen she needed to read her Fiverr messages.

The little princess didn’t mind though.

After aging prematurely and becoming unable to discern anything without a backlight,

the little princess knew she would never marry.

XR9J5.gif.4401284bb41bb279f5cc07c7def537f1.gif

all day

and play with her dolls.

Ok, this is how I am receiving messages at present. It all makes sense now.

As for your story, at least round it off a bit. Here, I’ll help:

all day

and play with her dolls,

blinded by the light of the 72" TV screen she needed to read her Fiverr messages.

The little princess didn’t mind though.

After aging prematurely and becoming unable to discern anything without a backlight,

the little princess knew she would never marry.

XR9J5

… Or so she thought.

But being a modern resourceful freelancer

Of course she was connected.

And thus one day, on the Fiverr forum,

She noticed a topic with really useful posts like

Prince with white chihuahua, shining wall projector and really big castle walls …

… happily ever after.

… Or so she thought.

But being a modern resourceful freelancer

Of course she was connected.

And thus one day, on the Fiverr forum,

She noticed a topic with really useful posts like

Prince with white chihuahua, shining wall projector and really big castle walls …

… happily ever after.

… happily ever after.

Safe in the knowledge that while the prince already had a harem of other princesses,

she could now start saving,

and one day have enough in the bank to impress him with her dowry…

… happily ever after.

Safe in the knowledge that while the prince already had a harem of other princesses,

and one day have enough in the bank to impress him with her dowry…

Of course, being well aware of the latest

cryptocurrency crazes,

It would not take her long to reach FIRE

either,

And if she’d save just a little bit more,

She may even be able to digital nomad it

to some big city with a major eye clinic

And perhaps a penthouse in Monaco could

replace the need of the castle walls as

well as reduce her tax obligations to nil.

Life was good on planet Fiverr.

Or at least, it could be.

Can´t you see it when you click “View Order”? I don´t have the new set-up yet.

Yes the order page is the same, thank the universe. But the inbox is so small and badly arranged. I’m used to seeing the complete custom order rather than just part of it.

If I had a large monitor maybe I could make the screen size down at 50% so I could see more in the little message window without it being in microscopic text.

Here is the same custom offer down to 67% rather than 100%. Now I can see the entire thing, but it’s tiny. Notice that at 100% I can only see the bottom part:

1248527784_customorderfull.GIF.a4b7e9f4f5fe61e60a645c0be6782c4d.GIF

I have no doubt the designer used a very large monitor without testing how it would look on a laptop. Or possibly it was optimized for a tablet layout or phone. (sorry its so messy, I don’t use a mouse, only a trackpad with a lousy screenshot app, the built in one.)

When I’m having a conversation, I can’t see my own messages. The only messages I see are what the other person has typed. Mine disappear as soon as I send them. I can’t tell if the person got my message or not.

The message order is scrambled with the newest messages jumping to the top and the older ones at the bottom, or all mixed together.

This new inbox interface is ablsolutely awful! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: We are not able to see tags’ colors in our inbox after this update. It’s not acceptable if you work in a team!!! And why does it look like Gmail inbox interface or something?? We hate this new interface. We don’t see any reason why this new design is better than the old one. 1 out of 10!!! 🙌

This new inbox interface is ablsolutely awful! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: We are not able to see tags’ colors in our inbox after this update. It’s not acceptable if you work in a team!!! And why does it look like Gmail inbox interface or something?? We hate this new interface. We don’t see any reason why this new design is better than the old one. 1 out of 10!!! 🙌

I do miss the tags with colors. Now nothing stands out from the rest.

I do miss the tags with colors. Now nothing stands out from the rest.

We simply don’t feel comfortable to work now. Now I have to check every single message to understand what’s going on there!! Of course, it’s not a problem when you have 3-5 messages a day. But we do have more than 20+ a day. Anyway, it seems like nothing is going to change. I just wanted to share my emotions here 😦

We simply don’t feel comfortable to work now. Now I have to check every single message to understand what’s going on there!! Of course, it’s not a problem when you have 3-5 messages a day. But we do have more than 20+ a day. Anyway, it seems like nothing is going to change. I just wanted to share my emotions here 😦

It does seem difficult to use when you have long conversations, and lots of messages to answer. I dislike not seeing my own messages I send. I can only see the other persons, and just can’t tell if they got my message, or even which of theirs was the last one. Before it was in order, each message back and forth, and I could see a lot of them at once. It definitely cuts down on messaging, and that was a big part of what I used. I say “was” because now people are not messaging much at all.

It does seem difficult to use when you have long conversations, and lots of messages to answer. I dislike not seeing my own messages I send. I can only see the other persons, and just can’t tell if they got my message, or even which of theirs was the last one. Before it was in order, each message back and forth, and I could see a lot of them at once. It definitely cuts down on messaging, and that was a big part of what I used. I say “was” because now people are not messaging much at all.

I just hope they will change their mind about this update. Or at least won’t create crappy interface design in future. Could it become even worse?? Not really sure. Will see…

Archived