• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest offlinehelpers

You’ll see soon enough so get ready.

Ooh! i quite like that new layout! 🙂

what’s with the quote requests

???

He told me that he marked the order as complete. Turns out he thought he didn’t have to leave a review anymore…

So your final message to all buyers needs to explain this latest twist and let them know how important a review is.

It does sound like they think they either need to mark it complete or not do that, and that’s the end of it.

I was just trying to figure out the new inbox. Three separate panes on one screen?

Why do they keep making things more complicated? I studied that for fifteen minutes and I’m still confused by it.

I was just trying to figure out the new inbox. Three separate panes on one screen?

Why do they keep making things more complicated? I studied that for fifteen minutes and I’m still confused by it.

I was part of the Beta test of this and been using it for a few weeks. I had the same initial reaction but trust me, once you get used to it is is much much better than before. So much easier to flick between messages and respond to different messages without reloading etc. Even the “report spam” button actually works and you dont have to respond.

what’s with the quote requests, and am I the only one who finds them annoying?

Are you getting a lot more of them recently? I get them almost all the time, even when people send a message it is usually followed up with a quote request.

Ooh! i quite like that new layout! 🙂

what’s with the quote requests

???

i quite like that new layout! 🙂

A screenshot, for us who don’t see it yet? 🙂

Are you getting a lot more of them recently? I get them almost all the time, even when people send a message it is usually followed up with a quote request.

3 in the last 4 days, all of them following a message from a new buyer (and all of them requesting a turnaround time of 1 day, which I don’t offer). Before those 3, I wasn’t getting them at all.

???

A buyer sends a request for a quote, with a few details about what they want, the desired turnaround time, their budget… You can then click on a Create an Offer button (haven’t done it so far, because all of them asked for things that I don’t offer).

The order already gets marked as complete after 3 days. What’s the appeal here?

Not waiting for additional 3 days to get your funds.

I think there’s a misunderstanding here. Let me clarify what I want to ask:

Why Would Someone Mark An Order As Complete If He/She Wasn’t Going To In The First Place?

This basically reduces the amount of reviews we’ll get without affecting the people that were pretty much never going to mark an order as complete or leave a review. You still wait 3 days but now you also don’t get reviews from regulars or customers that were going to mark an order as complete and leave reviews.

I think there’s a misunderstanding here. Let me clarify what I want to ask:

Why Would Someone Mark An Order As Complete If He/She Wasn’t Going To In The First Place?

This basically reduces the amount of reviews we’ll get without affecting the people that were pretty much never going to mark an order as complete or leave a review. You still wait 3 days but now you also don’t get reviews from regulars or customers that were going to mark an order as complete and leave reviews.

If they didn’t want to mark the order complete, they wouldn’t. However, if they did want to mark it complete, but didn’t want to leave a review, now they can.

If they didn’t want to mark the order complete, they wouldn’t. However, if they did want to mark it complete, but didn’t want to leave a review, now they can.

However, if they did want to mark it complete, but didn’t want to leave a review, now they can.

My point exactly. Why on Earth would Fiverr do this? What value does this have? It’s literally the same thing just without the review. This doesn’t serve any purpose, makes the process more complicated and make less likely for buyers to leave reviews for services they really liked.

I consider myself to be optimistic about the changes Fiverr makes but this is, to put it bluntly Bad.

i quite like that new layout! 🙂

3 in the last 4 days, all of them following a message from a new buyer (and all of them requesting a turnaround time of 1 day, which I don’t offer). Before those 3, I wasn’t getting them at all.

???

A buyer sends a request for a quote, with a few details about what they want, the desired turnaround time, their budget… You can then click on a Create an Offer button (haven’t done it so far, because all of them asked for things that I don’t offer).

I am curious to see this too! :thinking:

Speaking of inbox (I don’t see 3 panes), what’s with the quote requests, and am I the only one who finds them annoying?

, what’s with the quote requests, and am I the only one who finds them annoying?

I just lost a big sale to a regular client because she sent me a request for a custom order and I snapped at her thinking she was trying to accept an old expired order.

The printing on it was so tiny I couldn’t tell what it was or who she was.

Finally I realized what it was but she was gone. 😦

Guest offlinehelpers

screenshot please! 🙂

I’ve tried to blur out identities etc. but of course it looks as if everything’s blurred out!

3 panes - left hand is all the conversations from buyers etc.

Middle pane is the conversation you’ve had with a particular buyer, and the right hand pane gives information about that buyer - number of sales, their seller rating, where they’re from etc.

393710768_newmail.thumb.jpg.3cedde4f5fd4d3254d42ebfa98bf3349.jpg

Now maybe they will finally add video chat!

maybe they will finally add video chat!

No, please, the abuse of that feature is unimaginable unless you are a female. Other sites that have tried to use it quickly realized what a mistake it was due to the amount of steady abuse. Also remember we have young people on the site.

maybe they will finally add video chat!

No, please, the abuse of that feature is unimaginable unless you are a female. Other sites that have tried to use it quickly realized what a mistake it was due to the amount of steady abuse. Also remember we have young people on the site.

And people who dont want to waste an afternoon discussing a $5 sale with people because well, they dont have anything else to do.

Archived