Anyone else notice?

frank_d

Starting today, I noticed that “buyer X marked the order as complete” and the notification about the review and how many stars you got, are no longer happening at the same time.

Like I got a notification that an order was marked as complete, a message from my buyer saying how happy she was and that she was happy to accept the delivery then 35 minutes later, I got her review.

I think Fiverr now closes the order as soon as the buyer accepts. Buyers no longer NEED to add a review to close the order out.

So a buyer can theoretically accept a delivery but never submit a review.

Anyone else noticed this today?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I have noticed is a little different but still puzzling.

I get a review notification and see the review but the amount that should be added to my earnings page does not appear for at least an hour. I have searched to see what happened to the order earnings and they are nowhere to be found for a while. Maybe this is normal, I’m not sure.

Starting today, I noticed that “buyer X marked the order as complete” and the notification about the review and how many stars you got, are no longer happening at the same time.

Like I got a notification that an order was marked as complete, a message from my buyer saying how happy she was and that she was happy to accept the delivery then 35 minutes later, I got her review.

I think Fiverr now closes the order as soon as the buyer accepts. Buyers no longer NEED to add a review to close the order out.

Anyone else noticed this today?

Yep. I’ve noticed it since yesterday myself 😉

And I remember there was a time in the past when buyers could simply mark an order as complete without leaving a review, but then that feature was removed to now see it back in place.

Some buyers will probably mark an order as complete and not leave any review if they don’t want to leave a negative, as it happened in the past, but at the same time there’s the risk of having our review count go down 😬

A buyer marked an order as complete today but did not leave a review.

See? ⬆️ Review count decreasing in a time when reviews are critical to maintain your level.

If someone wants to post a screenshot of what buyers see that lets them mark an order as complete I would be interested in seeing that.

If someone wants to post a screenshot of what buyers see that lets them mark an order as complete I would be interested in seeing that.

I’m on it! Asking some of my regular buyers now.

Why would that be a bad thing? We get paid faster if they at least mark it as complete.

Why would that be a bad thing? We get paid faster if they at least mark it as complete.

True.

This is awesome - people just weren’t leaving reviews, now people can accept without leaving a review.

True.

The only downside I see is the number of reviews decreasing (think lazy people, busy people, or #AintNobodyGotTimeForThat people)

True.

This is awesome - people just weren’t leaving reviews, now people can accept without leaving a review.

True.

The only downside I see is the number of reviews decreasing (think lazy people, busy people, or #AintNobodyGotTimeForThat people)

Time will tell if this discourages buyers from reviewing.

True.

True.

The only downside I see is the number of reviews decreasing

And this could be troublesome to some of the sellers trying to raise their rating score up to 4.8.

I don’t see this affecting reviews.

Reviews are now really easy to leave, much more so than before. Anyone who was gonna leave a review still will but at least those who don’t might at least mark it complete.

but at least those who don’t might at least mark it complete.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/17f298ece1cc4c9ef8c578cb0a710e04/tumblr_mt8ydj0QNB1sz0jwfo1_1280.gif

tumblr_mt8ydj0QNB1sz0jwfo1_1280.gif.58acb38dd74d3f68beba530f5e1cdeba.gif

Reviews are now really easy to leave, much more so than before. Anyone who was gonna leave a review still will but at least those who don’t might at least mark it complete.

I’ve had 4 completed orders so far today. 2 regular buyers marked as complete with no review (these orders normally auto complete on 3 days) and 2 orders from new buyers in which both left reviews.

Ridiculously small sample size but, I do like having those orders complete now versus later.

My review rate has stayed very steady over time regardless of what has happened, aside from the brief episode when they had to hurdle excess screens and directions.

A well thought out final message to buyers mentioning the importance of a review, where you say that it is a helpful part of the buying experience helps a lot, as long as they had a good experience.

I just hope that place where they can mark the order as complete does not seem like it’s something they can use instead of leaving a review. It would be nice if that came with an automatic “outstanding experience” again.

What on earth makes you think that people will mark the order as complete when they weren’t even bothering to input 3 words to mark the order as complete. From what I can tell, this just reduces the number of people that were actually going to leave a review which will not just mark the order as complete and move on.

What on earth makes you think that people will mark the order as complete when they weren’t even bothering to input 3 words to mark the order as complete. From what I can tell, this just reduces the number of people that were actually going to leave a review which will not just mark the order as complete and move on.

That’s why I wanted to see what the interface looked like, so I could see if it was something that would be ignorable, or cause them to choose it instead of leaving a review.

Too many choices gives too much to think about, and it becomes work, so it just makes them want to leave without any more interaction.

Keep it as simple as possible for an enjoyable easy experience please.

Very easy to order= more orders.

Very easy to leave a review= more reviews.

Many complicated things to look at and figure out=less orders.

Many screens, many things to read, many choices= less reviews.

That’s why I wanted to see what the interface looked like, so I could see if it was something that would be ignorable, or cause them to choose it instead of leaving a review.

Too many choices gives too much to think about, and it becomes work, so it just makes them want to leave without any more interaction.

Keep it as simple as possible for an enjoyable easy experience please.

Very easy to order= more orders.

Very easy to leave a review= more reviews.

Many complicated things to look at and figure out=less orders.

Many screens, many things to read, many choices= less reviews.

I legit just messaged a client whose order was marked as complete yesterday. He told me that he marked the order as complete. Turns out he thought he didn’t have to leave a review anymore…I haven’t been this furious at Fiverr in over a year.

This is such a downright stupid move. I’m genuinely baffled that Fiverr is making this kinda increibly ludacrous changes to the site. I get innovation is important but you’re literally breaking down something that’s perfectly fine the way it is. Why, just why did anyone think this was a good idea.

The order already gets marked as complete after 3 days. What’s the appeal here? Am I not getting something? Am I missing something WHY?!

I legit just messaged a client whose order was marked as complete yesterday. He told me that he marked the order as complete. Turns out he thought he didn’t have to leave a review anymore…I haven’t been this furious at Fiverr in over a year.

This is such a downright stupid move. I’m genuinely baffled that Fiverr is making this kinda increibly ludacrous changes to the site. I get innovation is important but you’re literally breaking down something that’s perfectly fine the way it is. Why, just why did anyone think this was a good idea.

The order already gets marked as complete after 3 days. What’s the appeal here? Am I not getting something? Am I missing something WHY?!

The order already gets marked as complete after 3 days. What’s the appeal here?

Not waiting for additional 3 days to get your funds.

He told me that he marked the order as complete. Turns out he thought he didn’t have to leave a review anymore…

So your final message to all buyers needs to explain this latest twist and let them know how important a review is.

It does sound like they think they either need to mark it complete or not do that, and that’s the end of it.

I was just trying to figure out the new inbox. Three separate panes on one screen?

Why do they keep making things more complicated? I studied that for fifteen minutes and I’m still confused by it.

He told me that he marked the order as complete. Turns out he thought he didn’t have to leave a review anymore…

So your final message to all buyers needs to explain this latest twist and let them know how important a review is.

It does sound like they think they either need to mark it complete or not do that, and that’s the end of it.

I was just trying to figure out the new inbox. Three separate panes on one screen?

Why do they keep making things more complicated? I studied that for fifteen minutes and I’m still confused by it.

Why do they keep making things more complicated?

Uhm, what 3 panes? 😱 I see the regular inbox as usual.

Archived