5 Things I do when my Fiverr sales stop (and three things I'm trying not to do)

voiceoverphil

Like a few people I’ve seen here, my Fiverr sales hit the wall last week. No idea why, but the only work I’ve done this week is one new project and two revisions for OLD voice overs.

I’m a natural cynic, but I’m trying this whole positive outlook thing. So, a while back I made a list of things to do when business dries up for a week like this.

5 things to do, and 3 to not do, when Fiverr sales stop.

Things to do:

1. Keep Working
  2. Create at least one new gig, and review at least one existing gig for changes I might need to make
  3. Work on my product (in my case, work on my voice over audio quality, practice reading scripts, listen to old recordings for bad habits I might be developing, etc)
  4. Re-evaluate my business plan and make any needed changes
  5. Read Fiverr Forum for ideas on how to get things moving again

What not to do:

1. DON’T panic.
    In my first three months I had one order a month. 1 order a week is 4 times better than that, and the one order I did get this week made me 10x more than I made on that first order.

2. DON’T complain
    I like to complain I admit. But I’m trying to stop. It doesn’t ever really help.

3. DON’T STOP WORKING! Just because I am not selling at the moment doesn’t mean that I am not building a business.

Hope that helps someone else in the same situation.

Like a few people I’ve seen here, my Fiverr sales hit the wall last week. No idea why, but the only work I’ve done this week is one new project and two revisions for OLD voice overs.

I’m a natural cynic, but I’m trying this whole positive outlook thing. So, a while back I made a list of things to do when business dries up for a week like this.

5 things to do, and 3 to not do, when Fiverr sales stop.

Things to do:

1. Keep Working
  2. Create at least one new gig, and review at least one existing gig for changes I might need to make
  3. Work on my product (in my case, work on my voice over audio quality, practice reading scripts, listen to old recordings for bad habits I might be developing, etc)
  4. Re-evaluate my business plan and make any needed changes
  5. Read Fiverr Forum for ideas on how to get things moving again

What not to do:

1. DON’T panic.

In my first three months I had one order a month. 1 order a week is 4 times better than that, and the one order I did get this week made me 10x more than I made on that first order.

2. DON’T complain

I like to complain I admit. But I’m trying to stop. It doesn’t ever really help.

3. DON’T STOP WORKING! Just because I am not selling at the moment doesn’t mean that I am not building a business.

Hope that helps someone else in the same situation.

Read Fiverr Forum for ideas on how to get things moving again

This is the main thing I turn to when sales stop. It’s the best resource we could possibly have. Usually I find the answer here when I need some help. People are incredibly helpful when they hear you are having difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived