Don't you think that 14 day waiting time is too much?

deff1x

14 days is way too long.

14 days is what Fiverr has chosen to implement as the format here on their site. You agreed to this format when you signed up for your account, and indicated that you read their Terms of Service. You agreed, therefore, there is nothing wrong with the format.

LOL, Mr Fiverr Rep…yes I did agree to the terms. I wasn’t complaining, I was making a point and agreeing with another post - why are you taking offense as if you have a dog in this fight? No response necessary - it was rhetorical. I know this is Fiverr Forum that Fiverr Monitors and Controls -

he wants to be paid immediately - not in 2 days, 3 days, 5 days or 2 weeks - that is how contractors are paid.

I was a contractor for years, and I was paid on ‘30 days from receipt of invoice’, which is a pretty standard payment term here in the UK. And I invoiced once a month, at the end of each month, so technically, the money I earned on the 1st of April, I would get paid on the last day of May.

Also, I freelance on a number of other freelance platforms, and most are worse. One Voice Over platform is 14 days payment, but with a 14 day clearing before the 14 day payment. And that’s AFTER you’ve completed the job.

There’s nothing wrong whatsoever with the current 14 day payment term on Fiverr. If anything, it’s a breath of fresh air. Not to mention that when you reach Top Rated Seller, that 14 days becomes 7 days.

I do not care about what happens on other sites - I was commenting about Fiverr. You invoice customers as a contractor? You may be confusing what I’m saying with providing a “Monthly” service - not a “One-Off” Service. BUT regardless, it doesn’t happen that way in the US. Honestly, I don’t care about the 14 Day - I was making a point about the validity of waiting 14 Days

I agree! Don’t be fooled by the people posting comments saying that 14 days is short. Here’s the bottom line - we are not employees of fiverr nor are we employees of the person that accepts our gig - we are contractors simply using fiverrs portal to meet perspective buyers. Think about it this way - if you hire a plumber to come to your house to fix a broken pipe - you contracted him to do a single job and when the plumber finishes the job, he wants to be paid immediately - not in 2 days, 3 days, 5 days or 2 weeks - that is how contractors are paid. We are contractors for hire offering to do a single job - if the same buyer wants to use our service again, they would have to hire us again for another single job - this mostly benefits fiverr because they get paid on EVERY job we accept. The 14 day waiting period doesnt protect the buyer or seller because even after 14 days you can still dispute a charge with your bank. Also - while we’re waiting 14 days to be paid, you could have a balance $200 - $500 - what if fiverr goes out of business? shuts down their site - do you think you’ll get paid your balance? What about all those hours you invested. Yup, fiverr needs a better way then making us wait 14 days. The buyer and seller both agree to the terms of fiverr - your telling me after a buyer accepts the gig and gives a positive review - the buyer can still cancel the order?? on what planet is that allowed ? we’re selling services not a tangible product. I could go on but I’m sure you get my drift. But you are absolutely right - 14 days is way too long.

You seem to not be acknowledging in your example that you booked your plumber direct - and of course, you can pay them in cash direct, if you wish, on the day.

If you call a plumbing company, who ‘employs’ freelancers, you pay the company when the job is complete, and they pay their plumber at the frequency that was agreed with the plumber when he signed up.

No I don’t think that 14 days waiting time is too much, just get better and when you become TRS or Pro you will get your payment in 7 days

Some freelancing sites may give their payments in 5-10 days but they don’t give you opportunity that fiverr gives you

just get better and when you become TRS or Pro

if you become one. Both levels described are hand picked and not given automatically based on the metrics on your dashboard.

just get better and when you become TRS or Pro

if you become one. Both levels described are hand picked and not given automatically based on the metrics on your dashboard.

Yes, I know that that is why I have written GET BETTER

I do not care about what happens on other sites - I was commenting about Fiverr. You invoice customers as a contractor? You may be confusing what I’m saying with providing a “Monthly” service - not a “One-Off” Service. BUT regardless, it doesn’t happen that way in the US. Honestly, I don’t care about the 14 Day - I was making a point about the validity of waiting 14 Days

There is Big mind and Big business thought behind this!!!

1st. Fiverr do get instantly paid, When any buyers do place order. And suppose to be If seller do take 15 days to deliver that service and 14 day revenue wait period - Total 29 days. So In that case fiverr may get some interest on that amount!!

2nd. If 10000s Sellers are waiting 29 days for 100$ - 10000x100 =1000000$ x 4% / 100 / 12 = 3,333 $ interest as per 4% ROI. + 20% from your sells + 5% as name of service Fee!!

Also many sellers do not withdraw their revenue instantly after 14 days of every order funds clear… They do wait and withdraw after 10-100 order revenue clear or at end of the month!!

Might be others can think differently and not agree to my point of view!! It’s all about business game and there is nothing wrong in that.

By the way, at a 9 - 5 you get paid mostly at the end of the month or every two weeks.

***Whoever is saying - When we do job 9-5 and get paid at the end of month - That’s right. But we do get lot of facilities there and little job security with experience certificate + Medical + other benefits.!!!

But at Fiverr - We don’t know, When our account could be banned or our gig will be hide from search After that we’ll nothing have in our hand. Because we called "FREELANCER AT HERE NOT EMPLOYEE OF FIVERR"

It’s does not matter, If you’re working 9-5 at fiverr or 24x7 at fiverr. You’ll always called “Freelancer” Not employee!!

LOL, Mr Fiverr Rep…yes I did agree to the terms. I wasn’t complaining, I was making a point and agreeing with another post - why are you taking offense as if you have a dog in this fight? No response necessary - it was rhetorical. I know this is Fiverr Forum that Fiverr Monitors and Controls -

LOL, Mr Fiverr Rep

I do not work for Fiverr. I am an independent freelancer, just like everyone else.

why are you taking offense as if you have a dog in this fight?

How is me stating facts an issue of offense?

No response necessary - it was rhetorical.

This is a forum. When you make a comment, you are opening the door for a response. And anyone may do so, whether they agree with you or not.

I know this is Fiverr Forum that Fiverr Monitors and Controls

The mods moderate the forum, they do not “control” it. They welcome conversations, and encourage those conversations to be respectful of others. They moderate only when moderation is necessary.

Of course I would love to receive my money faster. Who wouldn’t? Is it realistic? Nope.

In “the real world” most companies operate with invoicing, and 10-20 days on the due date. So the fact that we have to wait 14 days for a payout isn’t too bad. Once you have a consistent stream of orders coming in, the money will start to flow as well. But of course, if you really need the 100 bucks, staring at the “pending clearance” page can be frustrating. But so is waiting for clients outside of Fiverr to pay their bills! At least, with Fiverr, I know the payout is coming.

In regards to your claim that freelancers are leaving Fiverr because of the 14 day hold, I think you’re simply mistaken.

Between 2017 and 2018 Fiverr’s revenue grew by 45%, meaning there was more sales. This contradicts your claim that “freelancers are leaving the platform”. Fiverr is actually growing at a rapid rate.

Freelancers are used to waiting for payments. It happens all the time, and not only on Fiverr.

Do I want my money faster? Yes, of course. Is it likely to happen? No. Is it normal having to wait for payments? Yes.

I’ve been hanging out in the forum for quite some time, and I’ve seen people talk about this topic a lot.
Personally, I DON’T GET IT!! 😅
Is this a country/culture thing?? I’m assuming that there are plenty of jobs out there where you get paid the moment you are done, but the only job where I got paid as soon as I finished was…I dunno, when I washed my dad’s car ages ago?
I thought it was quite normal to get paid once a month on your payday in many companies.
Compared to that, 2 weeks is lightning speed, and once you become TRS you get your money in 1 week.

I get it, I want to get paid ASAP too if I had the choice. You did the job, so you have every right to get paid. And you will be in the end, you just need to wait a bit. It does make me wonder, why the rush?
Bottom line is, that’s the rule here at Fiverr, and if you ask me, needing to wait for 2 weeks is the least of the problems here, things like the cancellation rates are much more of a problem 😅

I’ve been hanging out in the forum for quite some time, and I’ve seen people talk about this topic a lot.

Personally, I DON’T GET IT!! 😅

Is this a country/culture thing?? I’m assuming that there are plenty of jobs out there where you get paid the moment you are done, but the only job where I got paid as soon as I finished was…I dunno, when I washed my dad’s car ages ago?

I thought it was quite normal to get paid once a month on your payday in many companies.

Compared to that, 2 weeks is lightning speed, and once you become TRS you get your money in 1 week.

I get it, I want to get paid ASAP too if I had the choice. You did the job, so you have every right to get paid. And you will be in the end, you just need to wait a bit. It does make me wonder, why the rush?

Bottom line is, that’s the rule here at Fiverr, and if you ask me, needing to wait for 2 weeks is the least of the problems here, things like the cancellation rates are much more of a problem 😅

Maybe some cultures are used to this, but I never heard about it. In the regular business world it is perfectly normal to operate with a delay, otherwise businesses wouldn’t be able to plan their expenses. As a freelancer, I require 50% up front on large projects outside of Fiverr, because I have no security otherwise. On Fiverr, I know that they will hold on to the money, so I’m perfectly fine with this.

I just don’t see the problem. Everyone wants to get paid right away. Heck, I’d take the money before I do the job even, but that’s not how the world of services or freelancing works.

If someone have a problem with the waiting period, I recommend that they look elsewhere for job opportunities with instant payment… I can’t think of many.

Archived