Don't you think that 14 day waiting time is too much?

deff1x

Actually, I don’t even understand why we need to wait those 14 days… Especially when customer can still recharge even after 25 days… Fiverr is losing its customers, because many freelancers are leaving it, because they need to wait unnecessary 14 days + 2-4 days if they want to withdraw it to their banks. Thats very frustrating… Don’t you agree?

Actually, I don’t even understand why we need to wait those 14 days… Especially when customer can still recharge even after 25 days… Fiverr is losing its customers, because many freelancers are leaving it, because they need to wait unnecessary 14 days + 2-4 days if they want to withdraw it to their banks. Thats very frustrating… Don’t you agree?

Especially when customer can still recharge even after 25 days

Paypal chargebacks can happen after 180 days

they need to wait unnecessary 14 days + 2-4 days if they want to withdraw it to their banks

In the ‘outside of Fiverr’ world, it’s not uncommon to be paid at the end of every month - a month behind.

14 days isn’t so bad! 🙂

many freelancers are leaving it, because they need to wait unnecessary 14 days + 2-4 days if they want to withdraw it to their banks.

If they can’t stand to wait, this is not the right place for them. They do not have the needed patience. So it’s nature’s way.

I don’t agree. 14 days is more than fair. Fiverr is not a get-rich-quick website. All sellers have to work hard to earn a living here, and it is completely within Fiverr’s rights to hold on to all profit for 14 days. If sellers don’t like this, they are welcome to go find work somewhere else.

All sellers – including you – agreed to Fiverr’s Terms of Service when they/you signed up for this site. The 14 days is part of Fiverr’s TOS. It is, therefore, pointless and inappropriate for anyone to complain about the very terms and rules they themselves agreed to.

If you have a ‘normal’ job you will get your salary by the end of the month.

If you have to send invoices yourself, most companies will not agree on a payment term of 2 weeks (or less).

Where did you get the information that a lot of freelancers are leaving Fiverr because of this particular reason?

Just see it like this: if you work every week on a steady amount of orders, then after 2 weeks you won’t notice this ‘payment term’ anymore because you will have money being cleared on at least a weekly basis.

Can somebody say why do you even need to wait those 14 days? Or its just for fun ?

It’s a safety clearance period. Says so in the TOS that you read when you registered.

Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Sellers and Pro Sellers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.

Can somebody say why do you even need to wait those 14 days? Or its just for fun ?

why do you even need to wait those 14 days? Or its just for fun

@somaginer1996 gave you the ToS reason, which is perfectly fair.

You also have these alternatives personally:

You can leave Fiverr as you mentioned, and not earn any Fiverr money in 100 years.

You can stay on Fiverr but turn down all jobs and then there is no money to wait for.

You could work at earning money and think of the 14 days like having a birthday party EVERY TWO WEEKS! 🎈

Personally, I’d pick the birthday one even over the Terms of Service reason. Birthdays just sound more fun than safety. Up to you, though.

because many freelancers are leaving it, because they need to wait unnecessary 14 days + 2-4 days if they want to withdraw it to their banks.

Do you have secret statistics about freelancers?

If these freelancers create their own business outside fiverr, they will discover that many clients pay 30 days or even 60 days after the delivery. And sometines they never pay the last payment when the amount of the order is split into different payments (It happens so frequently…).

These freelances will regret Fiverr 14 day period and security!

I work on one freelance site where they only pay out once a month! and it is based on a calendar month, so if you get orders in the last week of the month that don’t clear by the end of the month (as they have to wait 7 days to clear before going to the payment queue) you’ll wait until the 7th of the NEXT month… so I think fiverr is quite fine in comparison to that 🙂

Fiverr is losing its customers, because many freelancers are leaving it, because they need to wait unnecessary 14 days + 2-4 days if they want to withdraw it to their banks.

Source? (20 characters)

I hope I’m not sounding rude by saying this, this whole “why do I need to wait for 14 days” topic appears in the forum every now and then, but am I the only person who just cannot understand why it is a problem? Is 14 days really that long??
As far as I know, in many jobs you get paid once at the end of the month, so for me,
getting paid in 2 weeks is lightning fast. I’m a TRS so I get my payment in one week, but that’s ultra-sonic-beyond-the-world-fast.
I also have another job ( my main job to be exact) and for that I get paid once a month, so when I first started Fiverr my reaction was hey, I get my money in 2 weeks, yipeeee 😍

Just thinking out loud here…

I hope I’m not sounding rude by saying this, this whole “why do I need to wait for 14 days” topic appears in the forum every now and then, but am I the only person who just cannot understand why it is a problem? Is 14 days really that long??

As far as I know, in many jobs you get paid once at the end of the month, so for me,

getting paid in 2 weeks is lightning fast. I’m a TRS so I get my payment in one week, but that’s ultra-sonic-beyond-the-world-fast.

I also have another job ( my main job to be exact) and for that I get paid once a month, so when I first started Fiverr my reaction was hey, I get my money in 2 weeks, yipeeee 😍

Just thinking out loud here…

I don’t even keep an eye on the payment clearance. When it clears, I see the money.

After the job is done I go on with the next thing.

My private clients pay beforehand or the day after delivery. If there is a delay, I still don’t bother. Never had to worry.

Some people are wired in a way to look for things to be concerned about. Especially if they have nothing else to do.

The 14 days period is fair. In fact, I can say it is pretty standard for many ‘real world’ jobs outside fiverr.
I work in a university and my salary is paid on 15th each month - it is even 1 day longer than the 14 days period of fiverr. For side job on fiverr, the 14 days period is good enough.

• 1 year later...

I agree! Don’t be fooled by the people posting comments saying that 14 days is short. Here’s the bottom line - we are not employees of fiverr nor are we employees of the person that accepts our gig - we are contractors simply using fiverrs portal to meet perspective buyers. Think about it this way - if you hire a plumber to come to your house to fix a broken pipe - you contracted him to do a single job and when the plumber finishes the job, he wants to be paid immediately - not in 2 days, 3 days, 5 days or 2 weeks - that is how contractors are paid. We are contractors for hire offering to do a single job - if the same buyer wants to use our service again, they would have to hire us again for another single job - this mostly benefits fiverr because they get paid on EVERY job we accept. The 14 day waiting period doesnt protect the buyer or seller because even after 14 days you can still dispute a charge with your bank. Also - while we’re waiting 14 days to be paid, you could have a balance $200 - $500 - what if fiverr goes out of business? shuts down their site - do you think you’ll get paid your balance? What about all those hours you invested. Yup, fiverr needs a better way then making us wait 14 days. The buyer and seller both agree to the terms of fiverr - your telling me after a buyer accepts the gig and gives a positive review - the buyer can still cancel the order?? on what planet is that allowed ? we’re selling services not a tangible product. I could go on but I’m sure you get my drift. But you are absolutely right - 14 days is way too long.

There are some security reasons that is way it’s take 14 days for withdrew your fund. There are some Sellers who may not provide the services as promised. If you are a New Seller, Label 1 Seller & Label 2 Seller then it will takes 14 Days to withdrew your funds. You need to earn trust in this platform and then you will will be promoted as a TOP RATED Seller. TOP RATED Sellers can withdrew funds within 7 Days.

For more information’s please visit : https://www.fiverr.com/levels

Thank you very much, I hope it will help you to understand the process.

Best of luck.

I agree! Don’t be fooled by the people posting comments saying that 14 days is short. Here’s the bottom line - we are not employees of fiverr nor are we employees of the person that accepts our gig - we are contractors simply using fiverrs portal to meet perspective buyers. Think about it this way - if you hire a plumber to come to your house to fix a broken pipe - you contracted him to do a single job and when the plumber finishes the job, he wants to be paid immediately - not in 2 days, 3 days, 5 days or 2 weeks - that is how contractors are paid. We are contractors for hire offering to do a single job - if the same buyer wants to use our service again, they would have to hire us again for another single job - this mostly benefits fiverr because they get paid on EVERY job we accept. The 14 day waiting period doesnt protect the buyer or seller because even after 14 days you can still dispute a charge with your bank. Also - while we’re waiting 14 days to be paid, you could have a balance $200 - $500 - what if fiverr goes out of business? shuts down their site - do you think you’ll get paid your balance? What about all those hours you invested. Yup, fiverr needs a better way then making us wait 14 days. The buyer and seller both agree to the terms of fiverr - your telling me after a buyer accepts the gig and gives a positive review - the buyer can still cancel the order?? on what planet is that allowed ? we’re selling services not a tangible product. I could go on but I’m sure you get my drift. But you are absolutely right - 14 days is way too long.

14 days is way too long.

14 days is what Fiverr has chosen to implement as the format here on their site. You agreed to this format when you signed up for your account, and indicated that you read their Terms of Service. You agreed, therefore, there is nothing wrong with the format.

he wants to be paid immediately - not in 2 days, 3 days, 5 days or 2 weeks - that is how contractors are paid.

I was a contractor for years, and I was paid on ‘30 days from receipt of invoice’, which is a pretty standard payment term here in the UK. And I invoiced once a month, at the end of each month, so technically, the money I earned on the 1st of April, I would get paid on the last day of May.

Also, I freelance on a number of other freelance platforms, and most are worse. One Voice Over platform is 14 days payment, but with a 14 day clearing before the 14 day payment. And that’s AFTER you’ve completed the job.

There’s nothing wrong whatsoever with the current 14 day payment term on Fiverr. If anything, it’s a breath of fresh air. Not to mention that when you reach Top Rated Seller, that 14 days becomes 7 days.

I’ve said this before, Fiverr is not an escrow service like PAY-PAL and should release the money when the sale is complete. If they release the money for TRS sellers in 7 days this should tell you something. Basically Fiverr operates this 14 day period (I think) like a pet deposit. If you dirty the place when you leave or get banned suddenly, your going to sing for what money is left in the account. Let’s be honest the longer any company keeps your money in the bank the more daily interest is accured.

Archived