Questions For Buyers: What do you look for in sellers?

jcmcbride

I was saying, if buyer will give the chance to the new seller, they can prove themselves and it’s the only way they can show their abilities. No doubt you gave your best and get the reward.

Yeah, but is it really wise to rely on the buyer’s discretion?

No doubt, the buyer has to make the choice, but you have to justify it. You’ll need to make the best gig possible, and even then it won’t guarantee you orders.

• Like 6

Yeah, but is it really wise to rely on the buyer’s discretion?

No doubt, the buyer has to make the choice, but you have to justify it. You’ll need to make the best gig possible, and even then it won’t guarantee you orders.

I agree with the fact that if you are showcasing best, you will get the best ultimately.

• Like 4

I agree with your opinion, but when you were a novice here with a few reviews, someone picked you over someone with hundred reviews. Everyone has to start with something, I don’t think it’s a bad adventure to hire a new seller.

😉

I agree with your opinion, but when you were a novice here with a few reviews, someone picked you over someone with hundred reviews. Everyone has to start with something, I don’t think it’s a bad adventure to hire a new seller.

😉

If I may, in addition to this post say that having a new sellers badge here on Fiverr doesn’t mean that the services offered are any less in quality than those offered by top sellers in the same category. Everyone has to be given the benefit of a doubt. If not, how else do we grow?

@matilda1786 and @dave_services Both of you have hit the nail on the head…

I mean…if someone’s looking for a service, can you really blame them for being very thorough when it comes to picking them?

Personally, I wouldn’t pick a newbie with only a few reviews over someone with a few hundred. That’s just how things are.

@somaginer1996 A newbie of fiverr does not mean that someone is a novice…Some one might have been working for a corporate office or at an office cubicle for years and then decided to go on their own by selling their services on fiverr because they excel at what they do…

• Like 5

On 4/5/2018 at 11:22 AM, mywordpresspro said:

@matilda1786 and @dave_services Both of you have hit the nail on the head…

@somaginer1996 A newbie of fiverr does not mean that someone is a novice…Some one might have been working for a corporate office or at an office cubicle for years and then decided to go on their own by selling their services on fiverr because they excel at what they do…

Yes, but that’s just the way the platform works. It’s not that I’m judging someone for being new; everyone was new at one point. It’s just that personally, I wouldn’t pick someone with no reviews over someone with many reviews just in the mindset that I’d be giving someone a chance.

Anyone can lie about their qualifications and skills, but that’ll quickly fall through if you fail to do good work for clients. 

• Like 5

Yes, but that’s just the way the platform works. It’s not that I’m judging someone for being new; everyone was new at one point. It’s just that personally, I wouldn’t pick someone with no reviews over someone with many reviews just in the mindset that I’d be giving someone a chance.

Anyone can lie about their qualifications and skills, but that’ll quickly fall through if you fail to do good work for clients.

@somaginer1996 People with great reviews also fail to do great work on fiverr too because nobody is perfect… I have seen a lot of sellers with excellent reviews on fiverr that did a poor job there by rendering their previous great reviews worthless…

• Like 4

@somaginer1996 People with great reviews also fail to do great work on fiverr too because nobody is perfect… I have seen a lot of sellers with excellent reviews on fiverr that did a poor job there by rendering their previous great reviews worthless…

Interesting. Are you a buyer? Is that how you know that people are delivering bad work after 100 reviews?

Well, I’ll pose it this way. If someone has 100 good reviews and one negative review, and someone has no reviews, which one would you pick?

No one is perfect, it’s true. But bad reviews can also come from bad buyers. And if I’m seeing a 100:1 radio on good/bad reviews, I’m still probably going to trust a seller unless the bad review reveals something that’s 100% the fault of the seller.

• Like 4

we can’t judge someone’s abilities and skills until we get a chance to work with them. life is full of good and bad experiences and this is the way we learn.

• Like 4

we can’t judge someone’s abilities and skills until we get a chance to work with them. life is full of good and bad experiences and this is the way we learn.

@matilda1786 that is true

• Like 4

Yes, but does that mean you have to go through all new sellers and give them a try just because you’re feeling compassionate? Some people might; I wouldn’t.

Your ratio is off lady… Out a 100 reviews, there is nothing like a 100:1 ratio…You should have said a 99:1 ratio…See you like to hype things up by saying a 100:1 ratio…I hope you did not hype up your profile…

Thanks for the rudeness! I’m a writer, I can’t be the best at math 😛 but you really don’t have to call me “lady”. Way to make me sound fussy!

I wasn’t talking about my profile at all, but if you want to take it there…I mean, one 3.7 star review out of 95 isn’t bad. It’s technically not even a negative review lol.

• Like 8

Yes, but does that mean you have to go through all new sellers and give them a try just because you’re feeling compassionate? Some people might; I wouldn’t.

@somaginer1996 You sound selfish because you fear competition from other writers being that English is not your native language…

Weren’t you wishing to make your first sale when you first started on fiverr? Weren’t you wishing that a buyer would give you a chance even though you were new and a novice with no reviews on fiverr when you first started?

Its time to give new sellers with no reviews on fiverr a chance just like how you were give a chance when you first started

@somaginer1996 You sound selfish because you fear competition from other writers being that English is not your native language…

That’s…actually racist, dude. I’m American.

You can’t demand me give new sellers a chance if I just don’t want to. Seriously though, what’s with the attitude? Just because I wished people gave me a chance doesn’t mean I have to do something I’m not willing to do.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

Weren’t you wishing to make your first sale when you first started on fiverr? Weren’t you wishing that a buyer would give you a chance even though you were new and a novice with no reviews on fiverr when you first started?

Its time to give new sellers with no reviews on fiverr a chance just like how you were give a chance when you first started

You sound selfish because you fear competition from other writers being that English is not your native language…

Comments such as yours will not be tolerated here. I suggest you read the Community rules & guidelines and abide by them. 🔻

Forum Rules - Updated 2017All users should read and understand the forum rules before posting. If you do not understand the rules, contact Customer Support. Users who post on the forum have implied agreement with the rules. It is assumed all users have read these rules and users who do not follow the rules may have forum accounts restricted with or without warning. This forum was created to provide a home for our Fiverr community. The forum is moderated. 1.) When starting a new discussion…
Cautions Regarding Potentially Offensive Posts/Comments/Forum PM’s This is an issue that is already implied in the rules considering that a forum is essentially a PG13 place. Since rating systems vary from country to country, to put this more simply, public posts should be family friendly. Even though this is already implied in the forum rules and community guidelines, it has not always been enforced and has been even less enforced in private forums or within the private message system. The Fiv…
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

if there are 100 new sellers 99 would definite be holding some skills or talent.

• Like 4

You sound selfish because you fear competition from other writers being that English is not your native language…

Comments such as yours will not be tolerated here. I suggest you read the Community rules & guidelines and abide by them. 🔻

Forum Rules - Updated 2017All users should read and understand the forum rules before posting. If you do not understand the rules, contact Customer Support. Users who post on the forum have implied agreement with the rules. It is assumed all users have read these rules and users who do not follow the rules may have forum accounts restricted with or without warning. This forum was created to provide a home for our Fiverr community. The forum is moderated. 1.) When starting a new discussion…
Cautions Regarding Potentially Offensive Posts/Comments/Forum PM’s This is an issue that is already implied in the rules considering that a forum is essentially a PG13 place. Since rating systems vary from country to country, to put this more simply, public posts should be family friendly. Even though this is already implied in the forum rules and community guidelines, it has not always been enforced and has been even less enforced in private forums or within the private message system. The Fiv…

Some need to clean up their act… (maybe me too.)

• Like 8

language…

Cautions Regarding Potentially Offensive Posts/Comments/Forum PM’s Community Rules and GuidelinesCautions Regarding Potentially Offensive Posts/Comments/Forum PM’s 

This is an issue that is already implied in the rules considering that a forum is essentially a PG13 place. Since rating systems vary from country to country, to put this more simply, public posts should be family friendly. Even though this is already implied in the forum rules and community guidelines, it has not always been enforced and has been even less enforced in private forums or within the private message system. The Fiv

I did not make any rude comment…I just spoke the truth…It is true that she fears competition from other writers that’s why she is commenting like that…She has been disrespecting and she has been rude towards new sellers too by undervaluing their gigs or experience just because they do not have any reviews on fiverr…

It is true that she fears competition from other writers that’s why she is commenting like that…She has been disrespecting and she has been rude towards new sellers too by undervaluing their gigs or experience just because they do not have any reveiews…

Don’t talk to or about others that way on this forum please. It is not allowed.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Let’s please remember to be professional and civil to each other.

I am a copywriter and spend a lot of time thinking and learning about buyer motivation. I love to learn about how people make decisions. It makes me a better writer and a better businessperson.

I was once a new seller on Fiverr. It was hard to get my first order. But, the best advice I ever found to breakthrough on Fiverr is to start by offering something someone would be crazy to turn down. I had a lot of skills and experience before I came to this platform. But, no buyers knew anything about me. I needed the social proof that reviews provide. I also wanted to rank up to take advantage of different features. For the first couple of months I offered to write 2 500 word articles for $5 in 24 hours. That was a ridiculously low price. Too low to make a profit. But, at that stage my goal was to get reviews because even a few reviews would lead to more sales.

It worked. I worked long hours and did amazing work. I quickly leveled up and raised my prices. I kept that same pattern. Every Fiverr seller starts from zero. Getting your first few sales is tough… But, it is up to you to put in the work to get the sales. Fiverr isn’t a magic lamp.

Today I would charge $400 for the same offer I started out with…and buyers pay it. The reason is I have put in the work to build a reputation. Nobody is going to give you anything. You have to give them a reason to give your services a try.

This post is about discovering what reasons are most attractive to buyers. So far it sounds like reviews are the biggest factor.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

You can’t demand me give new sellers a chance if I just don’t want to. Seriously though, what’s with the attitude? Just because I wished people gave me a chance doesn’t mean I have to do something I’m not willing to do.

Just so you know healthy discussions are encouraged as long as users remain civil and respectful. Resorting to name calling or saying other hurtful (below the belt rhetoric) is a problem and can be inappropriate for other users,

Case in point @somaginer1996 was offended by your comment.

I’ve seen many users get suspended and banned from the community. I would hate to see you become a statistic, just be calm and be mindful that this is a global community.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

language…

Cautions Regarding Potentially Offensive Posts/Comments/Forum PM’s Community Rules and GuidelinesCautions Regarding Potentially Offensive Posts/Comments/Forum PM’s 

This is an issue that is already implied in the rules considering that a forum is essentially a PG13 place. Since rating systems vary from country to country, to put this more simply, public posts should be family friendly. Even though this is already implied in the forum rules and community guidelines, it has not always been enforced and has been even less enforced in private forums or within the private message system. The Fiv

I did not make any rude comment…I just spoke the truth…It is true that she fears competition from other writers that’s why she is commenting like that…She has been disrespecting and she has been rude towards new sellers too by undervaluing their gigs or experience just because they do not have any reviews on fiverr…

It is true that she fears competition from other writers that’s why she is commenting like that…She has been disrespecting and she has been rude towards new sellers too by undervaluing their gigs or experience just because they do not have any reviews on fiverr…

I’m not undervaluing anyone’s gigs. I’m just saying that people are more willing to go towards gigs that have more reviews, and that I’m no exception.

No need to be rude, my dude.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

😉

yeah , you are right…

• Like 5

Firstly - Can everyone refrain from turning this into a “new seller v lev 1 v lev 2 v TRS v Pro” argument.
These are completely useless and help nobody. Fiverr has plenty of space for all sellers.
In 2.5 years here with over 1200 completed orders, I have gone from new to TRS and not once has a buyer ever mentioned my level. Never. None. Some might have chosen me because of it but I think there are many other reasons for it.
It is probably best for people to discuss those reasons instead as these are things that people can actually control - controlling your level is much less achievable so why bother discussing it?

• Like 17
  • Up 1