New here and not really impressed - [RESOLVED]

iamnotjerry

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1st logo is very good and is currently being used on my site and as a watermark, it is that good. It is just that the 2nd, 3rd and now 4th Gig for a second logo is not working out. The seller did not offer to fix or give suggestions, just submit another order and he would take care of it, thus the pay another Gig to speak to the seller. I am sure there are great designers here. I find fault with the guidelines here. I made my profile and stated was a concert photographer and put in my web address. Immediate WARNING and told to remove it. So I did. Maybe I should become a seller myself here of my services?

The 1st logo is very good and is currently being used on my site and as a watermark, it is that good. It is just that the 2nd, 3rd and now 4th Gig for a second logo is not working out. The seller did not offer to fix or give suggestions, just submit another order and he would take care of it, thus the pay another Gig to speak to the seller. I am sure there are great designers here. I find fault with the guidelines here. I made my profile and stated was a concert photographer and put in my web address. Immediate WARNING and told to remove it. So I did. Maybe I should become a seller myself here of my services?

If you were unable to contact the seller outside of buying a gig it usually means they are being looked at for breaking the rules.

As for the gig itself, as stated earlier, when the seller delivers the order there is a “Resolve Problems” tab below the order form. On here you can “Reject the order” thus making the seller either fix it or risk being dinged for non-delivery. You can even cancel the gig and leave bad feedback.

I would suggest rejecting order number(s) 2, 3 and 4 and getting your refund.

I imagine logo design is hard (Well, I know it is because I design my own logos for my sites) but never take a bribe. EX: I’ll fix logo 2 if you order logo 3. If that ever happens reject the order right away, and leave the bribe in the feedback. (You can go back and alter your feedback, even for the first order if you wish. Just look up the order under the “My shopping” tab.

There are a lot of safeguards in place for buyers. But finding them when you’re a brand new ‘Fiverr-er’ can sometimes be a pain.

Either way. Don’t get scammed. Go back, reject the orders, alter your feedback, do whatever you have to do if this buyer will not adhere to what you want.

If you were unable to contact the seller outside of buying a gig it usually means they are being looked at for breaking the rules.

As for the gig itself, as stated earlier, when the seller delivers the order there is a “Resolve Problems” tab below the order form. On here you can “Reject the order” thus making the seller either fix it or risk being dinged for non-delivery. You can even cancel the gig and leave bad feedback.

I imagine logo design is hard (Well, I know it is because I design my own logos for my sites) but never take a bribe. EX: I’ll fix logo 2 if you order logo 3. If that ever happens reject the order right away, and leave the bribe in the feedback. (You can go back and alter your feedback, even for the first order if you wish. Just look up the order under the “My shopping” tab.

There are a lot of safeguards in place for buyers. But finding them when you’re a brand new ‘Fiverr-er’ can sometimes be a pain.

Either way. Don’t get scammed. Go back, reject the orders, alter your feedback, do whatever you have to do if this buyer will not adhere to what you want.

After a night’s sleep I have deceided to stay based on the many helpful suggestions. I changed my positive feedback on the last logo and commented, "The font style was not followed and the requested size was not delivered. In response to my concerns the seller responded, “… close this and put another one i will make new with your new guidelines.” I did this without knowing I had other options. Hope my 3rd Gig results is a useable logo."

Well I can kiss that 3rd Gig goodbye as when they read the change the current project will be trashed. To bad because their 1st logo was very good.

And I will look into becoming a seller as well.

After a night’s sleep I have deceided to stay based on the many helpful suggestions. I changed my positive feedback on the last logo and commented, "The font style was not followed and the requested size was not delivered. In response to my concerns the seller responded, “… close this and put another one i will make new with your new guidelines.” I did this without knowing I had other options. Hope my 3rd Gig results is a useable logo."

Well I can kiss that 3rd Gig goodbye as when they read the change the current project will be trashed. To bad because their 1st logo was very good.

Archived