Are you Offering Very Lowest Price Than the Fair Price?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the problem is how would I know what is the fair price for a certain service ?

As there is no procedure to maintain a fair price for a certain service.

But the problem is how would I know what is the fair price for a certain service ?

You should do a market research. There are plenty of sellers here in each category.

Take a look at their gigs, see if you can match their skill level and start with their price level or slightly lower.

You should do a market research. There are plenty of sellers here in each category.

Take a look at their gigs, see if you can match their skill level and start with their price level or slightly lower.

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.

• 3 weeks later...

You are right. Thanks for this cooperation and contribution.

While a seller has spent some time in the marketplace then he can easily guess what is the average/almost fair value of a service…

I do not price my services according to the prices of other sellers in the marketplace – that is a poor comparison of “fair value”. Most other sellers in the Fiverr marketplace desperately undersell themselves in the hopes that someone – anyone – will pay them $5 to do something, or they don’t know how to value their work, and just slap something up without researching their target market.

I price my services according to MY value as a skilled professional, according to the value of MY high-quality work, and appropriate to the price that MY customers think is fair. I have researched my markets, I know who my customers are, and I have data supporting every pricing, service, or gig edit that I make.

This is how you run a successful business. If you (and other new sellers) wish to be successful, these are probably things you should start thinking about as well.

I think looking at the prices other sellers are offering within a niche can be useful though. For example, if you have a specific writing gig, and most sellers are offering a similar service at a certain price? It helps you to better price your gig because it at least gives you an idea of where to start from.

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting to wonder about this point myself. I am level 2 and was away from Fiverr for 2 years. Now I have come back, started a new Gig, all SEO points to everything being fine, offering 24 logo intro animations for only $5 for a limited time (and these are quality logos, not all looking almost alike), and I have had few views and can’t find myself in the keyword searches or category at all. I have posted to FB groups, some forums, etc. Could it be I am offering too much for too little?

I find that a my minimum $10 price also drives clients away. Today a seller texted. He wanted a 1200 word article written which includes topic research and his budget was $10-$15. I sent him a custom offer where I offered to write a 1500 word article in 2 days for $15. He said it is very expensive and his maximum budget is $12. Writing an article requires way too much effort and how come one cannot spend 3 more bucks.

I find that a my minimum $10 price also drives clients away. Today a seller texted. He wanted a 1200 word article written which includes topic research and his budget was $10-$15. I sent him a custom offer where I offered to write a 1500 word article in 2 days for $15. He said it is very expensive and his maximum budget is $12. Writing an article requires way too much effort and how come one cannot spend 3 more bucks.

I think eventually buyers without the necessary funds to pay someone to complete their task will exit Fiverr which is good for most sellers. It’s one thing to get a discount or a special offer. It’s another to expect high quality, strenuous work for way below market prices.

• 2 weeks later...

After the Fiverr Evaluation and new rules for getting Level I guess this low offering have vanished a lot. Before some months when buyers approached I lost many jobs due to offering good price. Currently I a am getting almost good buyers who agree with the price.

I still think I offer low price but I want to improve gradually/

You are right. Though i am not a big/top seller but i have faced this kind of problem in several time. When i submit my price to buyer , he told me,‘someone offer me 4 time low price than you’ actually if i offer the buyer at that price, it would go down to fair price.

You are right. Though i am not a big/top seller but i have faced this kind of problem in several time. When i submit my price to buyer , he told me,‘someone offer me 4 time low price than you’ actually if i offer the buyer at that price, it would go down to fair price.

Always stick to your price. It takes lot of effort to work on an order even if the conversion rate is high(assuming you to be from Bangladesh, Pak or India), I found out $5 isn’t quite enough. I have seen buyers specify in their requests that they want a 1000 or 1500 word article and their budget is $5. They should hire interns for their work.

Yes, I am agree like old saying " when you bought peanut you got monkey". Price was very important to introduce your product, if massif product yes, maybe you should follow the market trends, but if high added value, better do not hesitate to charge as function. That’s from me “Create new Gain Trading methods”.

Best Regards

I agree with your opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I tell you my point of view. 90% of customers think that if you have low prices you have low quality products. It’s a fact. So maybe they could not afford your prices, but in their mind you are at the top because of those prices.

At the same time if you under price your products you can get more orders, but the word of mouth that will pass is that your products are affordable but low quality. It’s a strange mechanism but it works this way.

The best way to price your products is comparing them to competitors ones. Understanding if they are better or worst and price accordingly with a fair price in mind.

Better products can be priced a little more anyway. If you are honest and fair when pricing, you’ll be rewarded in the long run.

Archived