Are you Offering Very Lowest Price Than the Fair Price?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really appreciate what you are saying but I have a experience that top buyer also want good work with low price. But now they want quality and lowest price… Hope the market strategy will change in near future… 🙂

I have a experience that top buyer also want good work with low price. But now they want quality and lowest price…

Nope not all Buyers have this mentality! I can only speak for myself, I’ve spent a boatload of money on Fiverr. My focus is the quality, not the quantity. I don’t mind paying a higher price for high-quality work. Different strokes for different folks.

I’ve built the “fair” price range based on my hourly rate and put samples in my portfolio that reflect the prices, the effort and the time spent accurately. This way, most of the time I don’t overwork myself for peanuts and the client gets exactly what was paid for in the end, no less, but definitely, absolutely no more.

The more difficult and time-consuming projects I either decline to do or charge more for. The downright inadequate requests (links to $2000+ projects on behance with a remark “we want something like this”) I also decline.

Selling for cheap to a reasonable degree to build the profile is a good strategy initially (and by initially, I mean month or two) but after that, you’ll overwork yourself into a coma eventually and create and encourage a client base that runs around terrorizing everyone and demanding the aforementioned $2000+ projects made for $5 (or $100, for the matter, because $100 is so much more expensive than $5).

There is no such thing as fair price.

I disagree. Everything has a value. A price that reflects this value would easily be considered a “fair price”.

but master @jonbaas , trust me, there’s no “fair price”, maybe you saying it because you don’t know the loss yet.

but master @jonbaas , trust me, there’s no “fair price”, maybe you saying it because you don’t know the loss yet.

but master @jonbaas , trust me, there’s no “fair price”

Everything has a price. And there is ALWAYS a fair price point. In fact, the point where a seller’s price and the price a buyer will pay for that product/service intersect, IS the fair price for that product/service.

maybe you saying it because you don’t know the loss yet.

I will never truly “know the loss”, because I choose not to complain about what I can’t have when my sales levels are down. I keep going, keep innovating, keep doing. I take the good and the bad, and I am willing to learn from both.

There are two kinds of sellers… the kind who complain endlessly when things don’t go their way, and then there are sellers who view the low-sale times as an opportunity to try different things, and become better sellers.

The complainers almost always fail, because that’s all they’re willing to do. They want someone else to fix everything for them. And they can’t understand why no one “generously” volunteers to do so.

The “I’m going to make the best of it” sellers tend to weather most storms, and innovate to overcome their challenges. They usually succeed because they never stop doing things – hard things – to improve their businesses.

Which kind of seller are you?

Everything has a price. And there is ALWAYS a fair price point. In fact, the point where a seller’s price and the price a buyer will pay for that product/service intersect, IS the fair price for that product/service.

I will never truly “know the loss”, because I choose not to complain about what I can’t have when my sales levels are down. I keep going, keep innovating, keep doing. I take the good and the bad, and I am willing to learn from both.

There are two kinds of sellers… the kind who complain endlessly when things don’t go their way, and then there are sellers who view the low-sale times as an opportunity to try different things, and become better sellers.

The complainers almost always fail, because that’s all they’re willing to do. They want someone else to fix everything for them. And they can’t understand why no one “generously” volunteers to do so.

The “I’m going to make the best of it” sellers tend to weather most storms, and innovate to overcome their challenges. They usually succeed because they never stop doing things – hard things – to improve their businesses.

Master @jonbaas you’re the best, glad I can met you here, you gave us knowledge that others can’t see, Thank you 🙌

Excellent post. And from observation I know that you practice what you preach! 🙂

While a seller has spent some time in the marketplace then he can easily guess what is the average/almost fair value of a service…

I do not price my services according to the prices of other sellers in the marketplace – that is a poor comparison of “fair value”. Most other sellers in the Fiverr marketplace desperately undersell themselves in the hopes that someone – anyone – will pay them $5 to do something, or they don’t know how to value their work, and just slap something up without researching their target market.

I price my services according to MY value as a skilled professional, according to the value of MY high-quality work, and appropriate to the price that MY customers think is fair. I have researched my markets, I know who my customers are, and I have data supporting every pricing, service, or gig edit that I make.

This is how you run a successful business. If you (and other new sellers) wish to be successful, these are probably things you should start thinking about as well.

Hi,

I completely agree with what you’re saying…so do you price based on labor and experience?

Hi,

I completely agree with what you’re saying…so do you price based on labor and experience?

so do you price based on labor and experience?

I price my services based upon the work that I provide. And yes, my provable years of experience play into the price as well.

For New seller 5 star rating and good review is most important. Every new seller thinks how he or she can get good numbers rating and reviews so that their level up.Once the level is up they can think about earning.As fiverr is so competitive that it’s almost a dream and luck to cross the level barrier. I think this is the only reason why they offer low price.Initial objective is only regular orders and building a place in fiverr.

Big Buyers rarely believe on new seller talent.

Correct me if I am wrong. :thinking:

Thanks!

As a new seller, I would focus in providing a good portfolio rather than going ultracheap for getting orders, as I have said before, going super cheap shows your work must be… well, cheap 😉

Hi! Newbie here, maybe a couple of years late.

I’m not keen to go down and offer the cheapest rates, after all cheap is not always good and good is not always cheap.

Hi! Newbie here, maybe a couple of years late.

I’m not keen to go down and offer the cheapest rates, after all cheap is not always good and good is not always cheap.

after all cheap is not always good and good is not always cheap.

Wow! that was a nice statement you made. Loved it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Never offer very low price quote than the fair price. You can offer some discount instead of lowest price. Keep your standard with the fair price and high-quality service. You will get the top buyers instead of small/one time buyers. That will make you succeed. Happy freelancing

I appreciate your tips and it is really true that cheap buyers are just come and go type. But what if a new seller like me want some order fast as soon as possible when regular, experienced and permanent type buyers are so rare here?

@uxreview Thank you very much sir. You are really awesome. After your kind reply I changed my gig offer and it worked like a charm. Now I’m getting order regularly. Thank you again.

Good points all around. But what if we advertise the low price as being a limited time deal in order to encourage people to get in on the action while they can? And after the period is up, we increase prices.

Good points all around. But what if we advertise the low price as being a limited time deal in order to encourage people to get in on the action while they can? And after the period is up, we increase prices.

You could certainly try that. The bigger challenge you may be having, is that the competition is fierce here, and you aren’t offering any services that are truly unique.

You are offering a proofreading service. But it doesn’t stand out. It doesn’t compel people to want to hire you, instead of the thousands of other sellers offering the same exact service. The question you need to be asking yourself (and finding a creative solution to) is, "How can I stand out from that massive community of competition? What can I do or offer that will make people want to hire me, instead of that other proofreader over there?

Fiverr sellers that stand out, and dominate their niche, tend to be the sellers that succeed. How can you stand out from the crowd in a way that is unique to you, and only you?

Archived