Are you Offering Very Lowest Price Than the Fair Price?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, today I wanna share a hidden point with you. I have researched on a specific point is “Gig Price Range”.

Nowadays, it’s a common issue that most of the sellers are offering very low price/cost for the big service than the fair price. Among them, most of them are the new seller. You will see, someone is offering standard price and some are offering very low price. But what’s the problem?

The big and practically proven problem is that you will miss the big/top buyers. Because most of the top buyers are thinking that may you will never give the best service at your lowest price quote.

My Suggestion:

Never offer very low price quote than the fair price. You can offer some discount instead of lowest price. Keep your standard with the fair price and high-quality service. You will get the top buyers instead of small/one time buyers. That will make you succeed. Happy freelancing.👌

Never offer very low price quote than the fair price. You can offer some discount instead of lowest price. Keep your standard with the fair price and high-quality service. You will get the top buyers instead of small/one time buyers. That will make you succeed. Happy freelancing

I appreciate your tips and it is really true that cheap buyers are just come and go type. But what if a new seller like me want some order fast as soon as possible when regular, experienced and permanent type buyers are so rare here?

Never offer very low price quote than the fair price. You can offer some discount instead of lowest price. Keep your standard with the fair price and high-quality service. You will get the top buyers instead of small/one time buyers. That will make you succeed. Happy freelancing

I appreciate your tips and it is really true that cheap buyers are just come and go type. But what if a new seller like me want some order fast as soon as possible when regular, experienced and permanent type buyers are so rare here?

what if a new seller like me want some order fast as soon as possible when regular

Then you offer a service that takes less time.

Instead of offering a full website design for $25, why don’t you offer a single landing page, optimization or maintenance service?

What kind of customer are you attracting with such low prices?

$25 for a performance improvement or a quick fix is reasonable, but $25 for an entire website screams low quality.

what if a new seller like me want some order fast as soon as possible when regular

Instead of offering a full website design for $25, why don’t you offer a single landing page, optimization or maintenance service?

$25 for a performance improvement or a quick fix is reasonable, but $25 for an entire website screams low quality.

Absolutely right. Thanks for sharing your openion

Thank you very much @uxreview for your kind suggestions. that’s why I’m not getting the order. I will edit my gig but what if I don’t get any any order though?

It has been my experience that pricing yourself so low in the market only results in disaster, and while it’s a common trend among seller, it should not be a concern, quality sellers, sell at quality price, and quality buyers can afford that price. Stay strong in valuing your worth and individual that value it as well will be attracted to you.

It has been my experience that pricing yourself so low in the market only results in disaster, and while it’s a common trend among seller, it should not be a concern, quality sellers, sell at quality price, and quality buyers can afford that price. Stay strong in valuing your worth and individual that value it as well will be attracted to you.

Thank you @mabelma for your kind reply. I will follow you all.

If you are a long time seller, then I think you have a sense of the average price or almost fair price.

I liked your “a house built for $5 via Fiverr”. LOL

But What actually would be the definition of a fair price? Can we have suggested figures or range please?

I agree with much of what’s been said, apologies for reiterating. I think that the “fair” price is difficult to gauge and may vary between people depending on skill, experience, etc. I suppose the key is to not undervalue yourself, yet remain relatively competitive. You may get more people interested at a lower price, however, you are bound to be more respected if you charge more of a premium (ie. what you’re actually worth). Again, it’s a fine line, but you really have to ask yourself what the time and effort for a given project is really worth to you. In my experience, the higher paying clients are almost always the ones that are a pleasure to work with and really value your time and work, whereas the ones looking to pay $5 for a house (ha! Nice) are generally the most difficult and most demanding as fogi said. I’m happy to allow other sellers fight it out for the “give away the most for the least award.” I’m proud of my work and stand by it. There will always be people willing to give away the farm just to get orders, despite the fact that it’s not sustainable in the long run. Even some of the most experienced sellers undervalue themselves because they started low and now are afraid to lose clients. I truly wonder how much time these sellers are actually investing and how little their return must be. Funny thing is, I bet the vast majority of their clients would happily pay more, and if not, are they really the clients you want?

Yeah, i noticed one thing also. There are sellers who get paid the ‘fair price’ and then become buyers and then get a seller to do the same task for a so ridiculous price they would never be willing to take.

Your best clients will always treat you well and pay you what you’re worth, period. They’ll smile and shake your hand as they hand over their hard earned money. I have a few clients under my belt and this has proven to be the case thus far. It’s up to you to decide what you’re worth :).

Clients looking for a deal tend to pay less and ask for more.

With that said, I believe that there’s value in offering a lower price for your service as you start your Fiverr journey. Sellers live, breathe, and die by their reputations, and unless you’re marketing yourself outside of Fiverr, lower prices may be the best way to earn your reputation. Either way, believe me, it will be a struggle. Stick with it.

There is no such thing as fair price.

Everything worth exactly the same as people are willing to pay for it!

I disagree. Everything has a value. A price that reflects this value would easily be considered a “fair price”.

I disagree. Everything has a value. A price that reflects this value would easily be considered a “fair price”.

I’d ask, fair to who? According to who? People may have different ideas about “Fair”.

A value of something is associated by people and their willingness to pay a certain amount for it.

Aggregated, the value of something is as much as the market is willing to pay for it.

I often see people selling their cars/homes/phones and putting a high pricetag on it, claiming it’s really valuable. Well, in reality, the market does not value it as high, hence no buyers. So the value of something really is how much people are willing to give for it.

I’d ask, fair to who? According to who? People may have different ideas about “Fair”.

A value of something is associated by people and their willingness to pay a certain amount for it.

Aggregated, the value of something is as much as the market is willing to pay for it.

I often see people selling their cars/homes/phones and putting a high pricetag on it, claiming it’s really valuable. Well, in reality, the market does not value it as high, hence no buyers. So the value of something really is how much people are willing to give for it.

I’d ask, fair to who? According to who?

It depends on the buyer and seller. If both sides feel that they got the value they expected then it’s a fair price.

It’s not about the number 🙂

If you’re selling a car then a buyer who finds the price too high doesn’t think it’s a fair price, but a buyer who sees the car value the same way as the seller then they think it’s fair.

So you’re right that people see the value differently, but that’s exactly why for some it’s a fair price.

• 1 month later...

While a seller has spent some time in the marketplace then he can easily guess what is the average/almost fair value of a service…

While a seller has spent some time in the marketplace then he can easily guess what is the average/almost fair value of a service…

I do not price my services according to the prices of other sellers in the marketplace – that is a poor comparison of “fair value”. Most other sellers in the Fiverr marketplace desperately undersell themselves in the hopes that someone – anyone – will pay them $5 to do something, or they don’t know how to value their work, and just slap something up without researching their target market.

I price my services according to MY value as a skilled professional, according to the value of MY high-quality work, and appropriate to the price that MY customers think is fair. I have researched my markets, I know who my customers are, and I have data supporting every pricing, service, or gig edit that I make.

This is how you run a successful business. If you (and other new sellers) wish to be successful, these are probably things you should start thinking about as well.

I do not price my services according to the prices of other sellers in the marketplace – that is a poor comparison of “fair value”. Most other sellers in the Fiverr marketplace desperately undersell themselves in the hopes that someone – anyone – will pay them $5 to do something, or they don’t know how to value their work, and just slap something up without researching their target market.

I price my services according to MY value as a skilled professional, according to the value of MY high-quality work, and appropriate to the price that MY customers think is fair. I have researched my markets, I know who my customers are, and I have data supporting every pricing, service, or gig edit that I make.

This is how you run a successful business. If you (and other new sellers) wish to be successful, these are probably things you should start thinking about as well.

Many Many Thanks to you for this words. 🙂

Archived