Are you Offering Very Lowest Price Than the Fair Price?

A certain percentage of people who come on this platform believe you can get “a house built for $5 via Fiverr” so why wouldn’t they get a logo or an explainer video for the same $5.

I once read online where someone mentioned that he had never seen a logo made for $5 on Fiverr used commercially. I don’t if this is true though.

People design logos for $1500 and above offline. Don’t know the fair price though.

Starting out via Fiverr, $25 seems okay for a logo design but not the fair price.

Then we have competition, everyone is trying to make sales, get frequent orders, etc.

To your question; Yes, I am offering low price than the fair price. I don’t even know the fair price. LOL

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A certain percentage of people who come on this platform believe you can get “a house built for $5 via Fiverr” so why wouldn’t they get a logo or an explainer video for the same $5.

I once read online where someone mentioned that he had never seen a logo made for $5 on Fiverr used commercially. I don’t if this is true though.

People design logos for $1500 and above offline. Don’t know the fair price though.

Starting out via Fiverr, $25 seems okay for a logo design but not the fair price.

Then we have competition, everyone is trying to make sales, get frequent orders, etc.

To your question; Yes, I am offering low price than the fair price. I don’t even know the fair price. LOL

If you are a long time seller, then I think you have a sense of the average price or almost fair price.

I liked your “a house built for $5 via Fiverr”. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with much of what’s been said, apologies for reiterating. I think that the “fair” price is difficult to gauge and may vary between people depending on skill, experience, etc. I suppose the key is to not undervalue yourself, yet remain relatively competitive. You may get more people interested at a lower price, however, you are bound to be more respected if you charge more of a premium (ie. what you’re actually worth). Again, it’s a fine line, but you really have to ask yourself what the time and effort for a given project is really worth to you. In my experience, the higher paying clients are almost always the ones that are a pleasure to work with and really value your time and work, whereas the ones looking to pay $5 for a house (ha! Nice) are generally the most difficult and most demanding as fogi said. I’m happy to allow other sellers fight it out for the “give away the most for the least award.” I’m proud of my work and stand by it. There will always be people willing to give away the farm just to get orders, despite the fact that it’s not sustainable in the long run. Even some of the most experienced sellers undervalue themselves because they started low and now are afraid to lose clients. I truly wonder how much time these sellers are actually investing and how little their return must be. Funny thing is, I bet the vast majority of their clients would happily pay more, and if not, are they really the clients you want?

Yes you are saying right …but i think most of the buyers search the lowest price gig on fiver…well thankyou for your tips…feels good while reading.

Good point. I think you’re absolutely right. If at all possible, it’s good to offer an absolute entry level service for $5 and rely on extras the buyer will more than likely need to bring the price up to the amount you actually want to charge. This attracts people, but if you do it right, you’ll still get what you’re worth. I realize this is not easy to do in all services, but it’s a good tactic.

Good point. I think you’re absolutely right. If at all possible, it’s good to offer an absolute entry level service for $5 and rely on extras the buyer will more than likely need to bring the price up to the amount you actually want to charge. This attracts people, but if you do it right, you’ll still get what you’re worth. I realize this is not easy to do in all services, but it’s a good tactic.

Agree with you…nice

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am agree like old saying " when you bought peanut you got monkey". Price was very important to introduce your product, if massif product yes, maybe you should follow the market trends, but if high added value, better do not hesitate to charge as function. That’s from me “Create new Gain Trading methods”.

Best Regards

BTW, how to find buyer activities ? which menu should I search ???:roll_eyes:

Hi guys, today I wanna share a hidden point with you. I have researched on a specific point is “Gig Price Range”.

Nowadays, it’s a common issue that most of the sellers are offering very low price/cost for the big service than the fair price. Among them, most of them are the new seller. You will see, someone is offering standard price and some are offering very low price. But what’s the problem?

The big and practically proven problem is that you will miss the big/top buyers. Because most of the top buyers are thinking that may you will never give the best service at your lowest price quote.

My Suggestion:

Never offer very low price quote than the fair price. You can offer some discount instead of lowest price. Keep your standard with the fair price and high-quality service. You will get the top buyers instead of small/one time buyers. That will make you succeed. Happy freelancing.👌

Hi guys, today I wanna share a hidden point with you. I have researched on a specific point is “Gig Price Range”.

Nowadays, it’s a common issue that most of the sellers are offering very low price/cost for the big service than the fair price. Among them, most of them are the new seller. You will see, someone is offering standard price and some are offering very low price. But what’s the problem?

The big and practically proven problem is that you will miss the big/top buyers. Because most of the top buyers are thinking that may you will never give the best service at your lowest price quote.

My Suggestion:

Never offer very low price quote than the fair price. You can offer some discount instead of lowest price. Keep your standard with the fair price and high-quality service. You will get the top buyers instead of small/one time buyers. That will make you succeed. Happy freelancing.👌

Very good article 😉

My Suggestion:

My Suggestion:

Very good article. I totally agree with you

My Suggestion:

e big and practically proven problem is that you will miss the big/top buyers. Because most of the top buyers are thinking that may you will never give the best service at your lowest price quote.

But some buyer always press order in lowest buyer request.

It does really seem to rely on the buyer! I’ve noticed that throwing in extras often works better and receives a better response than starting off with a lower price. I’m sure there is a balance somewhere and I’m still looking for it. Thanks for the reminder! Really helpful.

My Suggestion:

Very good article. I totally agree with you

Thanks for your opinion.

I have found one thing that those buyers look for lower price, most of them are new to fiverr and don’t buy repeatedly. I have another buyer, he is again buying from me with double price than my gig offers. Still, he is thinking it is a fair price. So, there are so many kinds of buyers. We have to choose one particular category and move on.

Once when I was a newbie here I lost an order only because my offered price was low. I took the lesson and never offer a price any less than what it worth. It happens quite often that a buyer posts a request with a $5 budget and I submit my offer with $30 price and I get the order. Of course there are some people who want the whole world for 5 bucks but you should get what you deserve.

I have found one thing that those buyers look for lower price, most of them are new to fiverr and don’t buy repeatedly. I have another buyer, he is again buying from me with double price than my gig offers. Still, he is thinking it is a fair price. So, there are so many kinds of buyers. We have to choose one particular category and move on.

Great thinking and thaks for sharing.

This price issue is a very complicated one. If a buyer is offering low price to a new seller then I totally understand. They are desperate to get their first sell. Imagine someone contacting me and offering $5 for me to write 100 product descriptions (60-100 words each). As a matter of fact, he said he currently has someone who even does it for less. I told him that he is still living in the colonial era.
My point is, as a level 1 or 2 seller with a number of 5-star reviews, you must know your worth. Do not be desperate and in the process stoop so low. If we all can maintain a particular standard, I believe things will work out better. The new sellers who will charge low will not remain new forever and most top buyers will not want to risk the newbies.
Just my opinion though!!!

For New seller 5 star rating and good review is most important. Every new seller thinks how he or she can get good numbers rating and reviews so that their level up.Once the level is up they can think about earning.As fiverr is so competitive that it’s almost a dream and luck to cross the level barrier. I think this is the only reason why they offer low price.Initial objective is only regular orders and building a place in fiverr.
Big Buyers rarely believe on new seller talent.
Correct me if I am wrong. :thinking:
Thanks!

For New seller 5 star rating and good review is most important. Every new seller thinks how he or she can get good numbers rating and reviews so that their level up.Once the level is up they can think about earning.As fiverr is so competitive that it’s almost a dream and luck to cross the level barrier. I think this is the only reason why they offer low price.Initial objective is only regular orders and building a place in fiverr.

Thanks!

Thanks!

As a new seller, I would focus in providing a good portfolio rather than going ultracheap for getting orders, as I have said before, going super cheap shows your work must be… well, cheap 😉

This price issue is a very complicated one. If a buyer is offering low price to a new seller then I totally understand. They are desperate to get their first sell. Imagine someone contacting me and offering $5 for me to write 100 product descriptions (60-100 words each). As a matter of fact, he said he currently has someone who even does it for less. I told him that he is still living in the colonial era.

My point is, as a level 1 or 2 seller with a number of 5-star reviews, you must know your worth. Do not be desperate and in the process stoop so low. If we all can maintain a particular standard, I believe things will work out better. The new sellers who will charge low will not remain new forever and most top buyers will not want to risk the newbies.

Just my opinion though!!!

Excellent thinking. We need to maintain a standard worth.

Archived