Why Have I Not Made Any Sale? Help!

Guest flippaguru

No one said anything about overpromising…absolutely no one. I advised that you spice up your description so people have a reason to buy from you. That means make your sales pitch unique to others. Throw in somewhere that your work is professional, and quality and the experience is top notch.You don’t have to lie to make it intriguing. Simply listing what you do isn’t going to make you stand out. That’s what I was trying to tell you in the initial post I took time out of my day to write for you.

No one said anything about overpromising…absolutely no one

I think he should overpromise on his gig description so he can get more gig sells. 😉

Guest flippaguru

I don’t think you’re getting my point. Overpromising and writing a gig description detailing your qualifications and dedication is not the same thing. You can do one without doing the other, and you can definitely spice up your gig description and make it better without lying about your actual services.

I don’t think you’re getting my point. Overpromising and writing a gig description detailing your qualifications and dedication is not the same thing. You can do one without doing the other, and you can definitely spice up your gig description and make it better without lying about your actual services.

Thanks I have finally figured out my unique selling proposition that emphasizes my skills…But the problem is that if I put my unique selling proposition on my gig another fiverr seller might end up copying my Unique selling proposition…Shake my head on copycats because unique selling propositions are not 100% unique

No one said anything about overpromising…absolutely no one. I advised that you spice up your description so people have a reason to buy from you. That means make your sales pitch unique to others. Throw in somewhere that your work is professional, and quality and the experience is top notch.You don’t have to lie to make it intriguing. Simply listing what you do isn’t going to make you stand out. That’s what I was trying to tell you in the initial post I took time out of my day to write for you.

I took time out of my day to write for you.

You have the patience of a saint! Thank you for helping out people on the forum. It was someone just like you who helped me back in the day.

Thanks I have finally figured out my unique selling proposition that emphasizes my skills…But the problem is that if I put my unique selling proposition on my gig another fiverr seller might end up copying my Unique selling proposition…Shake my head on copycats because unique selling propositions are not 100% unique

My advice is to not think so far ahead. Wait until you get some reviews first before worrying that someone will steal your description. Write the good description first.

Guest flippaguru

My advice is to not think so far ahead. Wait until you get some reviews first before worrying that someone will steal your description. Write the good description first.

@somaginer1996

The internet has killed unique selling proposition because its easy to copy another person’s unique selling proposition which makes impossible to stand out…There are a lot of sellers on fiverr with the same unique selling proposition and you tend to ask yourself, didn’t I see another seller with the same ad copy

@somaginer1996

The internet has killed unique selling proposition because its easy to copy another person’s unique selling proposition which makes impossible to stand out…There are a lot of sellers on fiverr with the same unique selling proposition and you tend to ask yourself, didn’t I see another seller with the same ad copy

Once again, I understand that. But think about it this way: if I’m a description thief scouring the net for descriptions that work, am I going to use that of a new seller who hasn’t made any sales?

No, of course not. Why copy something that hasn’t been proved to work?

So don’t worry about being copied before worrying about writing your own gig description. Plus, if you’re not willing to at least hunker down and write a good gig description, you won’t get those sales in the first place.

There are some top sellers here in this very forum who have their descriptions and gigs copied, but are still making money. Buyers can check dates and match things up. Have some faith in them.

Guest flippaguru

This thread has been cleaned up a bit and returned to the forum so the discussion can continue. Please keep it civil.

Thanks you very much

@somaginer1996

You are drastically overthinking this. You sound like me in high school exams when all I could think about was all that was wrong with the world and how me doing or not doing an exam didn’t actually matter in the grand scheme of the infinite cosmos. Truth is, it doesn’t matter but not doing the exam to the best of my ability meant I didnt get the results I wanted.

Forget the fact that people copy other people. Forget that whatever marketing or promotional language you use has probably been used before by someone else (possibly even better) and just set up your gigs to the best of your ability.

Whether you do or not won’t make a difference to the infinite cosmos but it will be the difference between whether you sell anything or not.

Guest flippaguru

You are drastically overthinking this. You sound like me in high school exams when all I could think about was all that was wrong with the world and how me doing or not doing an exam didn’t actually matter in the grand scheme of the infinite cosmos. Truth is, it doesn’t matter but not doing the exam to the best of my ability meant I didnt get the results I wanted.

Forget the fact that people copy other people. Forget that whatever marketing or promotional language you use has probably been used before by someone else (possibly even better) and just set up your gigs to the best of your ability.

Whether you do or not won’t make a difference to the infinite cosmos but it will be the difference between whether you sell anything or not.

Great point and thank your very much for your insightful response

Guest flippaguru

Once again, I understand that. But think about it this way: if I’m a description thief scouring the net for descriptions that work, am I going to use that of a new seller who hasn’t made any sales?

So don’t worry about being copied before worrying about writing your own gig description. Plus, if you’re not willing to at least hunker down and write a good gig description, you won’t get those sales in the first place.

There are some top sellers here in this very forum who have their descriptions and gigs copied, but are still making money. Buyers can check dates and match things up. Have some faith in them.

You’re right about that and thanks

Archived