How will mutual cancellation affect my statistics?

johandahlberg

Hi! I need a quick piece of advice. I have a translation gig and due to the extremely technical nature of the article (medical), I cannot the deliver the level required by the buyer. We placed the full order but had agreed that I would send the first article as soon as it was done to make sure we are on the same page.

I have showed the buyer what I can deliver and both parties agrees that, while nothing wrong and my work is accurate and correct, it’s not what they need in this case. No hard feelings or anything 🙂

For this reason, we will go for a mutual cancellation and I will give the buyer what I have already done free of charge, regardless if he ends up using it or not.

My question is, how can I best solve this in the resolution center to minimize penalty for my gig? If I select “I’m not able to do this job” or “Due to personal/technical reasons, I cannot complete the work”, I have the follow-up option to “Ask the buyer to cancel”.

Is this the best way of doing it? I don’t want to charge him for something he won’t use, but I also don’t want this to affect my statistics negatively. Any advice is greatly appreciated 🙂

Currently, all kind of cancellations affect the statistics of a seller.

Is there a workaround? For example the possibility of changing the price and making a “fake” delivery? The buyer and I are both very understanding toward each other, so we both just wish to end the project with as little damage as possible to either of us 🙂

Is there a workaround? For example the possibility of changing the price and making a “fake” delivery? The buyer and I are both very understanding toward each other, so we both just wish to end the project with as little damage as possible to either of us 🙂

and making a “fake” delivery?

• If you want to risk your account go ahead.
  • If the buyer is understanding he will accept the delivery, paying the full price.
  • If you are understanding you will cancel the order giving him a full refund.

and making a “fake” delivery?

• If you want to risk your account go ahead.
  • If the buyer is understanding he will accept the delivery, paying the full price.
  • If you are understanding you will cancel the order giving him a full refund.

Clearly, I don’t want to do anything that goes against Fiverr terms if that’s what you mean by “risk your account” 🙂

It’s a large order that should have been made with a sample order first, but we both jumped the gun. I am giving him a full refund of course, but at the same time he doesn’t want this to negatively affect me as he jumped the gun too. That’s why I ask 🙂

If there really is no other way, I will go with the mutual cancellation.

Clearly, I don’t want to do anything that goes against Fiverr terms if that’s what you mean by “risk your account” 🙂

It’s a large order that should have been made with a sample order first, but we both jumped the gun. I am giving him a full refund of course, but at the same time he doesn’t want this to negatively affect me as he jumped the gun too. That’s why I ask 🙂

If there really is no other way, I will go with the mutual cancellation.

Yeah like others said any type of cancellation will affect your stats, it’s okay you’ll recover from the effect on your stats. This is just one case, so it’s not anything super drastic hopefully. 🙂

Yeah like others said any type of cancellation will affect your stats, it’s okay you’ll recover from the effect on your stats. This is just one case, so it’s not anything super drastic hopefully. 🙂 I have never before cancelled or received a bad rating, that’s why it worries me 😛 But I will go with that solution then.

Thanks for all the help 😃

Hey,
Unfortunately all kind of cancellations affect negatively the rating of your account and your stats of cancellations.

As an advice, in your case, you have to discuss thoroughly all future work with your buyer, to see what are his demands and what you can offer him. Still it is less painful to give a refund of $5 order, in comparison with a big order, where buyer also pays commission to Fiverr.

Archived