Do forum moderators have salary?

shubhamdahale

What you guys don’t get paid?

I get paid in doge coin for my posts!

😂

Shh 🤫 I hope you’re good at keeping secrets.

I get monopoly money thrown at me for my posts. 🙃

MonopolyMoola

Want FREE money? Stand in line. 😛

FreeMoney

Wait… Do I smell 🎂? [sniff-sniff]

I think I do! Happy Birthday, Frank!

Cheers to many more flippin’ sweet bdays! 🎉

Thanks @nikavoice

It is my bday!

Have a 🍰

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - as far as I’m aware all the moderators are unpaid and do it out of the goodness of their hearts. 💜

Wait, what?

I was led to believe that there would be like a keychain or something?

Typical Fiverr, moving the goalposts after the fact…

would be like a keychain

Jokes aside, I legit thought you guys at least got some goodies or something for dealing with all the colorfulness the forums have to offer.

would be like a keychain

Jokes aside, I legit thought you guys at least got some goodies or something for dealing with all the colorfulness the forums have to offer.

Jokes aside

I never agreed to that!

I legit thought you guys at least got some goodies or something

I think each of the mods, just like the many others who spend time on the forum giving advice and chatting, having a fun, safe, helpful and “nice” forum is really important. With the extended team now, as well as many Regulars, the amount of work on the forum has gone down quite a bit which is great. To build a community like this, it is important that it is “community led” and not something where there is a corporate shadow watching everyone’s every move.

Of course Fiverr staff read the forum, check up on things but I think the whole forum would be very different if Mods were paid to be here. I know I wouldnt do it for money as then I would not be able to speak freely and say I dislike something Fiverr does. When I say I like or dislike something, it is because that is actually what I think and I wouldnt give that up cheaply. While I watch what I say towards other users a bit more (personal choice though), I havent every had to hold back an opinion about Fiverr.

No - as far as I’m aware all the moderators are unpaid and do it out of the goodness of their hearts. 💜

Wait, what?

I was led to believe that there would be like a keychain or something?

Typical Fiverr, moving the goalposts after the fact…

If I can say so myself, I’m pretty darn crafty (I make a lot of my own jewelry)

I will GLADLY make a key chain juuuust for you and send it across the ocean. With your face and

paw print on it, and yes, it will be green.

Oh wait that means I’ll need to ask for your address and contact info etc…

OH NO I’m gonna get banned.

If I can say so myself, I’m pretty darn crafty (I make a lot of my own jewelry)

I will GLADLY make a key chain juuuust for you and send it across the ocean. With your face and

paw print on it, and yes, it will be green.

Oh wait that means I’ll need to ask for your address and contact info etc…

OH NO I’m gonna get banned.

Just send it to “yer man with the beard and dogs” - Irish postmen have a knack for delivering things way beyond the call of duty.

android-chrome-192x192.pngThe Irish Post

celsius-postie-f-1024x597.jpg

Irish postman somehow delivers letter to 'ya know yer wan whose mother’s from...

THE An Post challenge has struck again.First, a postman in Co. Donegal pulled off a seemingly im...

letter-f.jpg

Letter to 'That boy with the glasses' reaches Donegal recipient | The Irish Post

Vaguely addressed letter successfully delivered from Belfast to Buncrana, Co. Donegal

anpost-featured.jpg

This Irish postman somehow delivered a letter with only a hand-drawn map to go...

WITH IRELAND finally getting a postcode system last year, you would assume the life of your avera...

favicon-independent.icoIndependent.ie

letter1.jpg.d6f7951790a31aa47b28c0cbd33a0e12.jpg

Amazing Galway postman manages to deliver Christmas card addressed to ‘Yer wan...

A Galway postman has been praised for miraculously delivering a letter to its correct destination, despite the fact that the card didn’t have an address.

android-chrome-192x192.png.a7eee00dc61a7a0e2a31d02891ef31a2.png

celsius-postie-f-1024x597.jpg.47cef0b1c0bc70fd58e6d05137156a70.jpg

letter-f.jpg.117d211b54a9ce00d5ac33c5ac55754b.jpg

anpost-featured.jpg.bc03171b5e2df8dc7c3f29d6f58e4139.jpg

“Why don’t they use their arms?”

They are so close to each other it would be dangerous.

I don’t see any heavy ones.

They are so close to each other it would be dangerous.

Ballet is far more dangerous than Riverdance. Many ballet dancers suffer knee, leg, and feet injuries. Same goes for cheerleading, the flips they do, the jumps in the air, if they fall, they have suffer serious fractures. I read more cheerleaders get injured than football players.

Riverdance is like tap dancing. Where’s the danger in that? All they’re doing is tapping their feet at a certain rhythm, turning at the same time, working together. Impressive but hardly dangerous. If you ever watch Flashdance, Showgirls, Bring It On, Stomp The Yard, you’ll see dance routines that are much harder, much more impressive, and much more dangerous.

With that said, I did a google search on Riverdance injuries and found this:

“Ruptured tendons, strained pelvic muscles, ripped hamstrings – it’s not all glitz and glamour in the famous troupe”

On the other hand, I knew a high school quarterback who ended a paraplegic, stuck to a chair.

Jokes aside

I never agreed to that!

I legit thought you guys at least got some goodies or something

I think each of the mods, just like the many others who spend time on the forum giving advice and chatting, having a fun, safe, helpful and “nice” forum is really important. With the extended team now, as well as many Regulars, the amount of work on the forum has gone down quite a bit which is great. To build a community like this, it is important that it is “community led” and not something where there is a corporate shadow watching everyone’s every move.

Of course Fiverr staff read the forum, check up on things but I think the whole forum would be very different if Mods were paid to be here. I know I wouldnt do it for money as then I would not be able to speak freely and say I dislike something Fiverr does. When I say I like or dislike something, it is because that is actually what I think and I wouldnt give that up cheaply. While I watch what I say towards other users a bit more (personal choice though), I havent every had to hold back an opinion about Fiverr.

I don’t know what impresses me more. The fact that you’re one of the genuinely nicest people I’ve had the pleasure to talk with or Irish postmen.

Just send it to “yer man with the beard and dogs” - Irish postmen have a knack for delivering things way beyond the call of duty.

celsius-postie-f-1024x597.jpg

Irish postman somehow delivers letter to 'ya know yer wan whose mother’s from...

THE An Post challenge has struck again.First, a postman in Co. Donegal pulled off a seemingly im...

letter-f.jpg

Letter to 'That boy with the glasses' reaches Donegal recipient | The Irish Post

Vaguely addressed letter successfully delivered from Belfast to Buncrana, Co. Donegal

anpost-featured.jpg

This Irish postman somehow delivered a letter with only a hand-drawn map to go...

WITH IRELAND finally getting a postcode system last year, you would assume the life of your avera...

favicon-independent.icoIndependent.ie

e42b823c389e2ab2b984eba9e2c4237993d93f0c.jpg

Amazing Galway postman manages to deliver Christmas card addressed to ‘Yer wan...

A Galway postman has been praised for miraculously delivering a letter to its correct destination, despite the fact that the card didn’t have an address.

The Irish Post

This Irish postman somehow delivered a letter with only a hand-drawn map to go…

Fair play An Post! Wait Ireland has postcodes now?! (I left in 2014)

The Irish Post

This Irish postman somehow delivered a letter with only a hand-drawn map to go…

Yeah, nobody uses them except for ordering stuff online though.

So I have the same question about River Dance as I do about soccer. “Why don’t they use their arms?”

Firstly - Riverdance is one particular performance/song; the dancing style is Irish dancing with tap mixed in. OK. There are tons of theories which revolve around it being because of the English or the Church’s fault (as with all of our problems).

Some of my fave theories:

It is often said that the Catholic Church disapproved of certain aspects of Irish dance, and would do what they could to control or stop it. But the people would dance straight armed so that if a passing priest looked through the window of the house he would not realise they were dancing.

Apparently the Church did not want boys and girls to hold hands. To stop this they made them hold their arms by their side.

at a time of puritanical Catholicism, the Church in effect ironed the fun out of Irish dancing to make it reflect Christian ideals. The dancers had to keep their backs straight, their arms down and the smile was taken off the face.

a group of Irish dancers were brought to dance for the Queen. These dancers refused to raise their arms to her, and kept them rigidly by their sides as they danced out of defiance, and possibly to show they were not enjoying themselves as they danced for her and the English.

I believe forum mods are very active and long standing forum members. They’ll sure get some sort of reward, maybe their gigs get featured on the frontpage from time to time or something like that. Just saying.

They’ll sure get some sort of reward, maybe their gigs get featured on the frontpage

Absolutely no.

They receive someone’s gratitude, sometimes.

Archived