Seller declined my dispute

Guest therealone2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest therealone2

I didn’t check to see if you are a Seller or not.

However, what if the 👞 shoe was on the other foot? Would you be OK with cxl’ing and ruining your stats?

the number one person who you should look out for in this world is yourself

Guest offlinehelpers

CS might see it as you ordering twice intentionally to lower the ratings of another seller.

Guest therealone2

Don’t worry. The world will do without you, one day.

Cant disagree with that

Guest therealone2

that’s not my problem

So, the next time you come to the forum asking for help, is that what we should all tell you? That it’s not our problem?

I mean if you want to then go ahead, you can do whatever you want

I mean if you want to then go ahead, you can do whatever you want

Is there any reason why you don’t want to find something else for the seller to do for the “accidental” gig purchase? I understand it’s annoying to have two orders for when you only need one - but why “punish” the seller for something that wasn’t in their control?

If you go to CS after your seller finishes the gig, it’s possible that Fiverr will cancel both orders - dinging them not just once but twice. Plus, you’ll get what you want for free and what does the seller get for their time? Nothing.

Consider finding them something else they can do for you - add as an extra to what you do want.

With the evaluation system put in place, sellers are now at the system’s peril or buyer’s remorse or whatever. It places good sellers at risk for losing their levels, even if it’s no fault of their own.

You could be a lot less “condescending” and more understanding of your seller’s “plight” and come up with another solution that doesn’t ruin their “rep” and their ability to make money. It’s not like they’re the ones that “stole” from you… because they didnt’. The system did.

Guest therealone2

Is there any reason why you don’t want to find something else for the seller to do for the “accidental” gig purchase? I understand it’s annoying to have two orders for when you only need one - but why “punish” the seller for something that wasn’t in their control?

If you go to CS after your seller finishes the gig, it’s possible that Fiverr will cancel both orders - dinging them not just once but twice. Plus, you’ll get what you want for free and what does the seller get for their time? Nothing.

Consider finding them something else they can do for you - add as an extra to what you do want.

With the evaluation system put in place, sellers are now at the system’s peril or buyer’s remorse or whatever. It places good sellers at risk for losing their levels, even if it’s no fault of their own.

You could be a lot less “condescending” and more understanding of your seller’s “plight” and come up with another solution that doesn’t ruin their “rep” and their ability to make money. It’s not like they’re the ones that “stole” from you… because they didnt’. The system did.

Like I said earlier, its not my problem

Wow… I thought I’d seen and heard it all, but you sir take the cake!

And, THIS is why sellers are P.O.ed at the evaluation system - because even if the system is at fault, the seller is the one that gets screwed.

And, THIS is why sellers are P.O.ed at the evaluation system - because even if the system is at fault, the seller is the one that gets screwed.

Exactly! smh 😏

The OP is a Seller as well.

Guest offlinehelpers

It’s fine for me, as I’m not relying on Fiverr full-time and my current order completion rate is still above 90%. But I can see how awful it would be for people who do rely on Fiverr for their livelihood.

Although the official claim is that being dropped levels won’t impact your amount of orders, they can’t account fully for buyer behavior. It’s inevitable that some people will filter by level, but it’s hard to know how much it might actually hurt a given seller.

the official claim is that being dropped levels won’t impact your amount of orders

Some may have found that, others may have found the complete opposite to be true.

Who wants to order from a ‘new seller’ with hundreds or thousands of reviews, without knowing the perfectly innocent reasons for their demotion? 😉

All the buyer sees in the listings is ‘new seller’ so they assume the worst.

Exactly! smh 😏

The OP is a Seller as well.

That’s just scary… blatant disregard for another seller. We should be sticking together.

While the OP could be nicer about this, the bottom line is that this isnt really his fault. A buyer should not be put in a position where they have to choose between getting their money back (especially for an error that may not be their fault) or harming a seller’s stats. As the OP so eloquently put it

The fact that it is a problem for the seller is not the buyer’s fault. It’s up to the platform to solve these issues, not buyers. The idea of having to tell a buyer to not cancel an order because it will harm me seems beyond ridiculous to me. Perhaps something like a 12 hour non-penalized cancellation period when an order is placed would help alleviate this type of issue.

While the OP could be nicer about this, the bottom line is that this isnt really his fault. A buyer should not be put in a position where they have to choose between getting their money back (especially for an error that may not be their fault) or harming a seller’s stats. As the OP so eloquently put it

The fact that it is a problem for the seller is not the buyer’s fault. It’s up to the platform to solve these issues, not buyers. The idea of having to tell a buyer to not cancel an order because it will harm me seems beyond ridiculous to me. Perhaps something like a 12 hour non-penalized cancellation period when an order is placed would help alleviate this type of issue.

The fact that it is a problem for the seller is not the buyer’s fault.

One must really love humanity. Really. Because people, taken individually, are unbearable.

Guest offlinehelpers

The idea of having to tell a buyer to not cancel an order because it will harm me seems beyond ridiculous to me

The idea of sellers being penalised for genuine mistakes by buyers is equally ridiculous.

It’s up to the platform to solve these issues

Indeed, but when?

The idea of having to tell a buyer to not cancel an order because it will harm me seems beyond ridiculous to me

The idea of sellers being penalised for genuine mistakes by buyers is equally ridiculous.

It’s up to the platform to solve these issues

Indeed, but when?

They can both be ridiculous.

its not my problem

This is true.

It’s Fiverr’s problem. Though some do try, I don’t expect buyers to accommodate sellers for Fiverr’s system flaws. I first joined as a buyer (and still am an active one). I’ve never ordered anything by accident… but I can see your very blunt point of view.

There should be a system put in place that auto-detects “accident” or “accidentally” – the same as the one in effect for “money… pay…paypal…cellphone…call…phone” etc, in our conversations with buyers or potential buyers.

Once those words are detected on a cancelled purchase, it should not count against the seller…

Archived