Client wants a refund with no reason

Ok, my update

So the buyer keeps insulting me, telling the work was ‘awful’ and that is it. Neve pin pointed what is wrong, never asked a modifications. Even said “I have not downloaded the images” and this is so strange, if you do not download and see the work in details, how do you know? Excuses…

I get an answer from customer support…She said she reviewed the work and she agreed I delivered as requested… BUT…answer was something like: we can not force the buyer to accept the order (I understand) and you need to persuade the buyer to accept your work… (???)

We all like sellers here, have been experiencing with painful customers and know it is impossible to persuade a person who simply do not care and do not respect you and your labour to deliver the work.

So fair or not… I do think fiverr should protect their sellers who were using their website for years and bring money than customers like this one…

Once again, I am curious what do you think?

P.S. Sorry for my English, it is not my first language 🙂

Here is what is written in the TOS:

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page.

So, remind your client this part of the TOS and ask him to tell you what is not good in your work in order to make any correction needed.

To deal with this customer don’t tell him that you don’t want to cancel, but tell him that:

• you are not allowed to cancel for quality reason
  • he is not allowed to ask a cancellation for quality reason

Did you tell your client that you have already contacted CS and that they agreed that you delivered what you promised to deliver ? My opinion is that you should tell him that CS didn’t find any problem with this delivery. He may decide to stop asking for a refund.

She said she reviewed the work and she agreed I delivered as requested… BUT…answer was something like: we can not force the buyer to accept the order (I understand) and you need to persuade the buyer to accept your work… (???)

Yes this means that it is totally up to you to deal with, so you need to simply keep refusing each time they request to cancel.

They do not have to “accept” it and you do not have to agree to cancel.

But they MUST pay you if you refuse to cancel. So never let them cancel.

By “accept the order” it means they finally give up and stop trying to cancel. 🙂

You mean to keep canceling till the order is marked as completed in 3 days?

Here is what is written in the TOS:

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page.

So, remind your client this part of the TOS and ask him to tell you what is not good in your work in order to make any correction needed.

To deal with this customer don’t tell him that you don’t want to cancel, but tell him that:

• you are not allowed to cancel for quality reason
  • he is not allowed to ask a cancellation for quality reason

Did you tell your client that you have already contacted CS and that they agreed that you delivered what you promised to deliver ? My opinion is that you should tell him that CS didn’t find any problem with this delivery. He may decide to stop asking for a refund.

Believe me, whatever I say to her, she doesn’t listen…

Hello,
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.
Unfortunately in my practice, during 7 years of work on Fiverr it happened lots of times.

I do SEO and the most frustrating thing is when you deliver what was promised in description of your gig, but buyer isn’t paying attention to delivered report and claims that there is no result from your work.

Of course first times I wrote to CS about the issue, but in any case they can’t force buyer to accept the delivered work. The main advice was to communicate with buyer and explain him that everything promised was done and to ask to accept the work. I tried it without success a lot of times and at the end, I give refund, because my time is much more precious than those $5 which I give back. Even if it is clear that buyer just wants work for free.

But the longest dispute I have with buyer is for a big order of $400, on which my team worked for 90 days. All results which should be expected from the gig were clearly explained, I even offered buyer a free month of work and still after that he wants refund. This order is in rejected status since July 2017 and I keep stating that work was delivered properly, while the buyer also keep saying that he doesn’t see results. CS didn’t say anything clear, besides that we have to agree to something together with buyer. This situation is still not resolved unfortunately.

@misscrystal What was the longest dispute you had with your buyer, refusing to cancel the order? And how at the end you solved it?

Thanks to all who will read my message.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I’ve had this weird thing too. I got an order for 10 dollars in which the buyer wanted a meme compilation and I had to find the memes. After I made the compilation I delivered the work and he asked for a refund. He said he could not place the compilation on YouTube because of copyright issues. I didn’t want to get into a argument so I just refunded his money nicely. I asked kindly for a review and he said he couldn’t place a review without a order completed. So I sended him a 5 dollar offer, delivered basically nothing and he placed a 5 star review and I got paid 5 dollars too.

It was weird but I can’t go back in time. Lol

Archived