Correcting information regarding order cancellation

youssefkamel

Why not?

Why not is because fiverr wants to keep good sellers at the proper level they belong at and deserve to be at.

Why not is because fiverr wants to keep good sellers at the proper level they belong at and deserve to be at.

No, Fiverr want to streamline their business - that means more automation, less CS staff, less human interaction.

That’s what happens when you get involved with venture capitalists.

The problem is Fiverr’s only resource are us, the sellers. Marginalising us and treating us unfairly (especially the long-serving, hard working sellers) is counter-productive. Unhappy sellers who are forced into an unnecessarily aggressive stance with sellers to protect their business due to lack of support quickly equals unhappy buyers.

Previously it was simple; a buyer purchases a gig that is not what they need or by accident or sounded alarm bells by wanting the world - cancellation and everyone moves on.

In 4 years I’ve never once given a cancellation because a buyer was unhappy but I’ve given plenty because buyers didn’t respond or wanted double the work.

Fiverr may fix all of this eventually but what about all of those sellers who are suffering now. That’s what’s difficult to see. Quality sellers being penalised and losing business right now.

For me personally, the more quality sellers on Fiverr, the better. I wan’t every single person who comes on the platform to have quality work delivered to them so that they come back over and over again. Every seller scared away by poor quality work is a lost potential sale for the rest of us. Punishing quality sellers like @offlinehelpers hurts everyone on this platform.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you for posting that. This certainly does not help fiverr when this happens to a seller like you. There needs to be a human review of things like this to prevent unfair demotions.

There used to be a hands on approach to problems like this that sellers had, especially if they were known to be top notch respected sellers.

Thank you @misscrystal @superalex76 and @nikavoice

I’ve read folks saying it doesn’t matter what level you are etc. - it did in my case.

I put new gigs up etc. but made so few sales that it made no difference at all. My completed is at 80% at the moment - it should pick up for next month’s evaluation, but Youssef’s news has knocked my confidence in Fiverr even more I’m afraid.

Also, I took pride in my level and to have it removed due to something out of my control seems grossly unfair.

Why not?

Removed your gigs again? 😢

I understand why you did it.

It doesn’t look like it’s the main goal. It looks like they want to streamline their business, like @superalex76 said, and it looks like they want to remove as many under-performing sellers as possible within the shortest time, with good sellers who also get removed treated like collateral damage. Sorry this happened to you, it’s an automated process, try to deliver more orders, kthanksbye.

Guest offlinehelpers

It doesn’t look like it’s the main goal. It looks like they want to streamline their business, like @superalex76 said, and it looks like they want to remove as many under-performing sellers as possible within the shortest time, with good sellers who also get removed treated like collateral damage. Sorry this happened to you, it’s an automated process, try to deliver more orders, kthanksbye.

Removed your gigs again?

No point in having them up if I can’t make any sales because I haven’t got a level any more - it’s a vicious circle now.

Removed your gigs again?

No point in having them up if I can’t make any sales because I haven’t got a level any more - it’s a vicious circle now.

You might make a few sales, but the question is, is it worth the effort? Especially if you can easily get demoted again for something that’s not your fault, and look the same like the guy who got demoted because of the fake reviews (but still gets to keep his portfolio because he was a TRS at some point).

it looks like they want to remove as many under-performing sellers as possible within the shortest time, with good sellers who also get removed treated like collateral damage.

You might be right. It might be a “hoovering” situation, a big vacuum suctioning up all in it’s path indiscriminately, aside from the biggest chunks.

I’ve been working on fiverr for more than 2 years and eligible for TRS but the cancellation order rate is the only thing that i am not able to manage because for example :

Buyer placed the order and after 2 Hours he/she said that
I’ve found someone else so cancel the order and i said no, but he sent me Cancellation request and he knew that this will effect my ratings so he kind of Bullied me and wanted me to design 60$ logo in 5$, i contacted fiverr support to cancel the order without effecting my ratings and this is there response

"Mia

Hi there,

**Unfortunately, we cannot cancel any order without affecting your rating. **

We understand that there are some cancellations which cannot be avoided and are no fault of the seller. Currently, your analytics will continue to reflect all cancellations and in the near future, this may be updated.

** I see that the order is still active. You currently have the option to send the buyer a cancellation request by clicking the “Visit the Resolution Center” button in the box on the upper right-hand corner of your order page and following the 3 steps to submit your request. If the buyer accepts your cancellation request, the order will be canceled.**

so they basically said if you want to save your ratings then give him what he wants ?

This the way they are treating DOERS, they are focusing on Buyers experience but forgot about the sellers who are running there business.

i hope they fix this problem, and the only issue i have with fiver in 2 years !

So basically, it wasn’t correct as the CS clarifies. 😶

I think it was actually correct info the first time - what if the fact that we posted that info on the forum was a problem for CS, as they weren’t ready for more sellers to assault them with cancellation requests that shouldn’t affect them?

Maybe they’ve changed their minds after seeing the consequence of spilling those beans 👀

I think it was actually correct info the first time - what if the fact that we posted that info on the forum was a problem for CS, as they weren’t ready for more sellers to assault them with cancellation requests that shouldn’t affect them?

Maybe they’ve changed their minds after seeing the consequence of spilling those beans 👀

Spilling those beans? were there even beans to spill?

I don’t see it, by any means, as if me or other sellers, who also discussed this topic, were spilling any beans, Woofy.

The situation go like this. I’m browsing the forum, I saw another seller who created a thread asking for help, I shared my experience with the CS that might give him a helping hand and make things a little bit clear to him, I helped him out!

However, I do agree that it might have caused some problems to the CS after that topic being “trendy” on forum. Maybe they weren’t ready, as you mentioned, for more sellers to contact them regarding this issue & in addition to this, they stopped doing it that way.

Spilling those beans? were there even beans to spill?

I don’t see it, by any means, as if me or other sellers, who also discussed this topic, were spilling any beans, Woofy.

The situation go like this. I’m browsing the forum, I saw another seller who created a thread asking for help, I shared my experience with the CS that might give him a helping hand and make things a little bit clear to him, I helped him out!

However, I do agree that it might have caused some problems to the CS after that topic being “trendy” on forum. Maybe they weren’t ready, as you mentioned, for more sellers to contact them regarding this issue & in addition to this, they stopped doing it that way.

However, I do agree that it might have caused some problems to the CS after that topic being “trendy” on forum.

Hmm :thinking:

If that’s truly case, well, we can only speculate at this time. Then maybe Customer Support should have a rule for Sellers/Buyers not to share CS correspondences on the forum. That’s another way to solve the neverending confusion! I do believe that not all CS Reps are on the same page tho. What I mean by this is some are clearly misinforming people, so at the back of my mind when sending a ticket. I’ll think to myself if the Rep handling my ticket(s) are providing accurate information. Human error happens, however, as we all know human error can be detrimental.

@offlinehelpers That’s so devastating, I’m really sorry to hear your story with the cancelled orders. 🙁 It’s sad to see, as @misscrystal said, top notch respected sellers facing these kind of issues. Which brings us to the main issue here, that sellers who provide REAL high quality services, are the ones being affected & exposed to leave the platform due to the unstable situation.

As @woofy31 mentioned, they might have changed their mind to fix this issue that way. The question here is, will they announce a better way to deal with the unfairly cancelled orders? Instead of having to contact the CS for it? Or will they keep working with the same system?

I understand that all freelancing platforms has it’s own pros & cons, and there’s nothing in the world that doesn’t, at least, have a negative about it. But when it comes to the fact that this is a big issue that nearly all sellers are facing, why aren’t they taking the time & effort to work on it so they could provide sellers a good platform to display their services & so that buyers could also find respected top notch sellers to do their job.

I would truly appreciate it if they discuss this matter with us on the forum, maybe someone who’s in a big position who could take our notes & what we dislike/like about the platform or even a simple survey.

Talking about this, I did found a survey yesterday when I opened the website. None of the questions was something related to order cancellation.

@offlinehelpers That’s so devastating, I’m really sorry to hear your story with the cancelled orders. 🙁 It’s sad to see, as @misscrystal said, top notch respected sellers facing these kind of issues. Which brings us to the main issue here, that sellers who provide REAL high quality services, are the ones being affected & exposed to leave the platform due to the unstable situation.

As @woofy31 mentioned, they might have changed their mind to fix this issue that way. The question here is, will they announce a better way to deal with the unfairly cancelled orders? Instead of having to contact the CS for it? Or will they keep working with the same system?

I understand that all freelancing platforms has it’s own pros & cons, and there’s nothing in the world that doesn’t, at least, have a negative about it. But when it comes to the fact that this is a big issue that nearly all sellers are facing, why aren’t they taking the time & effort to work on it so they could provide sellers a good platform to display their services & so that buyers could also find respected top notch sellers to do their job.

I would truly appreciate it if they discuss this matter with us on the forum, maybe someone who’s in a big position who could take our notes & what we dislike/like about the platform or even a simple survey.

Talking about this, I did found a survey yesterday when I opened the website. None of the questions was something related to order cancellation.

Which brings me to this 🔒 thread started by @fonthaunt. This confirms that Fiverr is not oblivious and they are aware of the situation.

-I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. I see the system as a necessary part of leveling the playing field and giving new and established sellers a different kind of chance to succeed.-Even though I can do quick responses to keep response rate up, I think response rate is the most important statistic Fiverr should lower from 90% to 80%.-Cancellation rate is a difficult one due to buyer actions, so I would choose to have Fiverr lower completion rate from 90% to 80%.-On-time delivery …

She did confirm:

Speaking of this, I can confirm that a link to this thread has been sent to a staff team. It doesn’t mean they will react, but at least they have an opportunity to see the main vote in a one-second glance. If they take time to read the comments, they will get even more. Can’t hurt, right? slight_smile
Several staff members have actually read this thread. It was sent to a group of staff who have read the poll and comments. You have to remember that they made their decisions based on many different factors and we don’t know all of them. I hope they decide to make the cancellation issue better since that is most people’s big concern. They might, or they might not. Some have read the comments, though.

Which brings me to this 🔒 thread started by @fonthaunt. This confirms that Fiverr is not oblivious and they are aware of the situation.

-I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. I see the system as a necessary part of leveling the playing field and giving new and established sellers a different kind of chance to succeed.-Even though I can do quick responses to keep response rate up, I think response rate is the most important statistic Fiverr should lower from 90% to 80%.-Cancellation rate is a difficult one due to buyer actions, so I would choose to have Fiverr lower completion rate from 90% to 80%.-On-time delivery …

She did confirm:

Speaking of this, I can confirm that a link to this thread has been sent to a staff team. It doesn’t mean they will react, but at least they have an opportunity to see the main vote in a one-second glance. If they take time to read the comments, they will get even more. Can’t hurt, right? slight_smile
Several staff members have actually read this thread. It was sent to a group of staff who have read the poll and comments. You have to remember that they made their decisions based on many different factors and we don’t know all of them. I hope they decide to make the cancellation issue better since that is most people’s big concern. They might, or they might not. Some have read the comments, though.

This is getting too complicated, I have no idea what else could we do. I think all we’ve got to do now is just wait & see what happens. Maybe they were trying to find a solution for the order cancellation & they came up with the “not gonna affect the monthly evaluation” idea. But when they saw that the news went too fast to the forum & a lot of sellers are now contacting them for their unfairly cancelled orders, they backed up and are now searching for a better solution? I hope that’s the case.

We all care about Fiverr & I would love to see change happening, change to the better.

We now have good sellers who do not deserve to be demoted, getting demoted due to buyers cancelling orders for things like changing their minds.

This surely can’t be the way fiverr wants to keep things.

One seller said she was demoted because of six orders like this where a buyer changed his mind.

It’s demoralizing when this kind of thing is going on.

Demoralizing and very unfair.

Maybe they’ve changed their minds after seeing the consequence of spilling those beans

No - that’s just called incompetency.

It’s got to be one rule for all users or none at all - they can’t cherry pick.

I’m not sure it is cherry picking. I think that there is a serious lack of familiarity with the TOS among the CS agents, (not hating on them, they are usually helpful) but I think they get info wrong too often.

This is why I have said many times, that I am sure my level will go up and down because I am not going to change how I do business to chase different color badges. And as @jonbaas points out so eloquently, it really doesn’t matter all that much if you have a loyal base of regulars who like your work anyway.

Guest offlinehelpers

I’m not sure it is cherry picking. I think that there is a serious lack of familiarity with the TOS among the CS agents, (not hating on them, they are usually helpful) but I think they get info wrong too often.

This is why I have said many times, that I am sure my level will go up and down because I am not going to change how I do business to chase different color badges. And as @jonbaas points out so eloquently, it really doesn’t matter all that much if you have a loyal base of regulars who like your work anyway.

lack of familiarity with the TOS

You could be right, but as the treatment of cancellations etc. isn’t mentioned in the ToS they can give any answer they like! 😉

lack of familiarity with the TOS

You could be right, but as the treatment of cancellations etc. isn’t mentioned in the ToS they can give any answer they like! 😉

isn’t mentioned in the ToS they can give any answer they like! 😉

Yes, so general problem with giving out wrong answers. The best thing would be to really take this into the TOS and clarify what the rules are, although they first need to enable a system of differentiation between cancels caused because the seller sucks vs ones that happen because the buyer sucks. Right now the seller suffers in both situations. I can’t see how fiverr will allow this to continue.

This is why I have said many times, that I am sure my level will go up and down because I am not going to change how I do business to chase different color badges.

I indeed love this statement! 🌟 However, It’s not really about the colored badges, it’s about the features the seller gets which helps him out providing his services to people. For me, when I was level 1 seller, I enjoyed having 3k+ number of buyer requests that I could offer my services to & search for the ones I’m capable of, as my gigs weren’t getting any exposure at that time. Today, I lost that feature & now my BR page is limited to 15 -20 requests maximum. Luckily, one of my gigs started to perform better & bring in buyers, at least I have something to rely on now when things go a little bit crazy.

This is why I have said many times, that I am sure my level will go up and down because I am not going to change how I do business to chase different color badges.

I indeed love this statement! 🌟 However, It’s not really about the colored badges, it’s about the features the seller gets which helps him out providing his services to people. For me, when I was level 1 seller, I enjoyed having 3k+ number of buyer requests that I could offer my services to & search for the ones I’m capable of, as my gigs weren’t getting any exposure at that time. Today, I lost that feature & now my BR page is limited to 15 -20 requests maximum. Luckily, one of my gigs started to perform better & bring in buyers, at least I have something to rely on now when things go a little bit crazy.

Luckily, one of my gigs started perform better & bring in buyers, at least I have something to rely on now when things go a little bit crazy.

Good, I hope that continues for you.

isn’t mentioned in the ToS they can give any answer they like! 😉

Yes, so general problem with giving out wrong answers. The best thing would be to really take this into the TOS and clarify what the rules are, although they first need to enable a system of differentiation between cancels caused because the seller sucks vs ones that happen because the buyer sucks. Right now the seller suffers in both situations. I can’t see how fiverr will allow this to continue.

I can’t see how fiverr will allow this to continue.

Viewed from outside, it resembles the sign of an abrupt change somewhere in the upper part of the decisional chain, high enough to crush part of the middle management. Something like “the numbers/methods/metrics of the guy before me were shit, now it’s my turn”.

Youssef, ANY kind of cancelation affects your rate… accept this fact and deal with it by getting more orders and complete them before 15th of next month.

Good luck.

ANY kind of cancelation affects your rate

I think he is smarting from the fact that CS incorrectly told him otherwise.

image.jpg.3d588ab6ed766b39531db2914f9340da.jpg

Sellers are complaining more and more every day as they are right. If there is no mistake by sellers, we should not be punished.

Some unfair buyers gun was “review” but now their gun is “cancellation” I just realize that cancellations increase after new level system. Even they get more rude, more threatening.

On the other hand, our search listing will effect if we have a cancellation. The system punishes us twice.

ANY kind of cancelation affects your rate

Haha, that’s funny! 😄

I honestly didn’t want this thread to go into the “complaining road”, but it seems I failed to do that. I probably do understand (Well, now) that all cancellations will affect my analytics. If it’s the buyer’s fault or the seller’s fault, I’ll have to deal with it in both cases. Unless they figure something out to stop that from happening.

PS: This thread’s purpose was a more like an update to correct the information shared previously by me & other members of the forum, I can confirm that it went terribly wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Youssef, ANY kind of cancelation affects your rate… accept this fact and deal with it by getting more orders and complete them before 15th of next month.

Good luck.

Recently a buyer of mine attempted to accept my offer, and nothing happened. From what he described, it seems his computer froze briefly. Very shortly thereafter he tried again, and successfully accepted the offer. But somehow, TWO accepted orders appeared.

He wrote to Fiverr CS asking them to cancel the extra “order”, which they promptly did. Now I am truly hoping that at the next evaluation of my account, i won’t be penalized for this, as it had zero to do with me …

Archived