Finding someone who doesn't lie about English being their first language

onlylissa

I guess messaging the person back and forth a few times is the best way, but in many cases just one short message is enough to see whether the person is a native speaker or not…

So English is my second language but I believe my level is decent, but

I am NOT a writer for sure.

From a trained writer’s POV, could you tell the difference between a native non-writer and a native writer? If they both wrote let’s say a one-page random essay, can you tell?

Pardon the dumb question but I’m a bit curious. 😛

Oh no, you can’t always tell. Given what history I read about everybody’s background, I suspected English as a second language. Or, you could have been an American living abroad as I did at one time as a kid (lived in Japan for 3 years). Did I learn the Japanese language? Just barely - just enough to survive the region.

Still, sending a message is a good first step in finding out the answer or whether or not someone has the capacity to string together a coherent sentence into a coherent paragraph and so on.

Guest offlinehelpers

I honestly don’t see what difference it makes if English is a person’s first, second or whatever language, so long as they can write in a way that’s acceptable to you as a buyer.

Well done to all those whose ‘native’ language isn’t English for being able to do so well with it. I know your English is way better than any second language I could claim to use! 😉

To be honest, if you can earn a living from writing, your English is probably better than mine as well! ☀️

I honestly don’t see what difference it makes if English is a person’s first, second or whatever language, so long as they can write in a way that’s acceptable to you as a buyer.

Well done to all those whose ‘native’ language isn’t English for being able to do so well with it. I know your English is way better than any second language I could claim to use! 😉

To be honest, if you can earn a living from writing, your English is probably better than mine as well! ☀️

I’m always impressed by people’s whose frist language is not English but still write beautifully. These people are the minority on Fiverr. Once a reseller asked me to rewrite an awful article he bought and I politely refused. Too many people think writing is easy but professionals know it’s not.

Archived