Finding someone who doesn't lie about English being their first language

onlylissa

I know that Fiverr can’t vet everyone but the last person who wrote my blog (which I couldn’t use cause it was so badly written ), was definitely lying about coming from an English speaking country. I have been left with a bad taste in my mouth using fiverr plus loosing my money to some credit with fiverr instead of a refund!. How do I find out who is really from an English speaking country and can write a blog sensibly.

Sorry about your experience. A simple test is contacting them. Message the seller for a while and see how they respond. Another thing you can do is start with a small order. And finally, if you truly want quality content, stay away from the cheapest. I hope that helps.

Sorry about your experience. A simple test is contacting them. Message the seller for a while and see how they respond. Another thing you can do is start with a small order. And finally, if you truly want quality content, stay away from the cheapest. I hope that helps.

Hi Grace

So do you write blogs yourself?

thanks Lissa

Sorry to hear you’ve had that experience. As earlier noted, send a message prior to ordering. This will give you a better indication of who has a good grasp of the English language.

Nothing bothers me more than someone claiming to write but can’t.

Good luck.

I guess messaging the person back and forth a few times is the best way, but in many cases just one short message is enough to see whether the person is a native speaker or not…

So English is my second language but I believe my level is decent, but

I am NOT a writer for sure.

From a trained writer’s POV, could you tell the difference between a native non-writer and a native writer? If they both wrote let’s say a one-page random essay, can you tell?

Pardon the dumb question but I’m a bit curious. 😛

Genuine native English copywriters are committed to helping you get results. When screening a seller for your projects, converse with them to learn more about how they would approach your project. If they provide vague or generic response, they’re definitely not a good fit. All the best!

When you hire someone, you should check profile and some Portfolio of that seller. Also you can hire someone, who is from US or UK. I mean, whose native language is English.

Also you can hire someone, who is from US or UK.

That’s the problem, the sellers OP hired did claim to be from an English speaking country and native English speakers.

Also you can hire someone, who is from US or UK.

That’s the problem, the sellers OP hired did claim to be from an English speaking country and native English speakers.

Then, he has only one option. he have to check seller’s Profile and Portfolio.

I know that Fiverr can’t vet everyone but the last person who wrote my blog (which I couldn’t use cause it was so badly written ), was definitely lying about coming from an English speaking country. I have been left with a bad taste in my mouth using fiverr plus loosing my money to some credit with fiverr instead of a refund!. How do I find out who is really from an English speaking country and can write a blog sensibly.

Hi, Lissa! I definitely feel your pain. I’ve run into issues as well. One of the reasons why I stopped posting buyer requests.

In some cases, I’ve been lenient on this especially if the seller provides other services that don’t involve writing :pen:. Writing I stick to my fave list of trusted sellers that produce high-quality blogs/articles. Sometimes, a few would be honest and say that English isn’t their native language, which is fine and dandy. Not a deal-breaker! However, If I’m familiar with a certain language. I’d just communicate with them in their Native tongue to make the process easier. In fact, honesty is the best policy, if they would be honest up front. I would have more respect and would be willing to give them a try. However, the ones that tell tall 🤫

I’ve been weeding out the wannabes with test questions, which they usually fail horribly. So, I just move on.

I have been left with a bad taste in my mouth using fiverr plus loosing my money to some credit with fiverr instead of a refund!.

Requesting a refund in lieu of a credit. Just contact CS here.

Note: If you do not want the money refunded to your shopping balance and prefer that the money be reimbursed to your PayPal or credit card, Fiverr can issue a one time refund. A second refund request may need to be reviewed by our Risk Management Team.

I guess messaging the person back and forth a few times is the best way, but in many cases just one short message is enough to see whether the person is a native speaker or not…

From a trained writer’s POV, could you tell the difference between a native non-writer and a native writer? If they both wrote let’s say a one-page random essay, can you tell?

From a trained writer’s POV, could you tell the difference between a native non-writer and a native writer?

Usually, you can tell.

Because English was heavily influenced by French and Latin, it’s very illogical. A person would need to be around native speakers for a very long period to master the language’s collocations, colloquialisms, ellipsis and periphrastic phrasing.

Non-natives usually reveal their linguistic identity when they stray away from simple subject-verb-object word ordering, which of course happens regularly during writing.

So English is my second language but I believe my level is decent

Your English is lovely, by the way.

From a trained writer’s POV, could you tell the difference between a native non-writer and a native writer?

Usually, you can tell.

Because English was heavily influenced by French and Latin, it’s very illogical. A person would need to be around native speakers for a very long period to master the language’s collocations, colloquialisms, ellipsis and periphrastic phrasing.

Non-natives usually reveal their linguistic identity when they stray away from simple subject-verb-object word ordering, which of course happens regularly during writing.

our English is lovely, by the way.

Zeus is just one of the sellers on the Forum who do not come from the US or The UK who has impeccable English. I am impressed by these people because if I did not know English was their native tongue I would not be able to tell from their Forum posts. I am a bit jealous of their ability to speak another language.

our English is lovely, by the way.

Zeus is just one of the sellers on the Forum who do not come from the US or The UK who has impeccable English. I am impressed by these people because if I did not know English was their native tongue I would not be able to tell from their Forum posts. I am a bit jealous of their ability to speak another language.

It’s not fair somebody is that talented at language and art.

She should have been made to start from -500 orders so the rest of us could have a chance! 😃

Usually, you can tell.

Awweeeee, thank you! 😊

It means a lot when a writer says that. 😃

I see @eoinfinnegan just liked your last post. He is Irish ☘️

types English without even a hint of an Irish accent.

Quote of the day, OMG you made me laugh out loud in the office!!! :rofl:

I love Irish accents BTW. They sound…jolly? Charming? Heck, both!

It would be nice if Eoin can type using an Irish font though 😉

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for all your replies re finding someone who’s first language is English.

Now can someone please recommend a blog and web content writer they have used on Fiverr and are really happy with their work?

kind regards
Lissa

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for all your replies re finding someone who’s first language is English.

Now can someone please recommend a blog and web content writer they have used on Fiverr and are really happy with their work?

kind regards

Lissa

What’s your budget, Onlylissa?

The content-creation company I used to work for hired quite a few Fiverr freelancers. Some were really good.

Awweeeee, thank you!

It means a lot when a writer says that.

You’re welcome. 🙂 Just calling it as I see it.

It would be nice if Eoin can type using an Irish font though

It’s St. Patty’s Day tomorrow. Maybe he’ll treat us. ☘️

It’s St. Patty’s Day tomorrow. Maybe he’ll treat us. ☘️

I second that motion. @eoinfinnegan should treat me with a chocolate mousse, Irish apple cake with custard sauce & O’Neills shamrock shortbread cookies. 😋

Hi zeus777

In answer to your question, no you can’t always ‘tell the difference between a native non-writer and a native write’ but if you could have read my blog she/he wrote after the brief I gave you would be able to see why that person definitely DID NOT have a good grasp of the English language nor done any research on the topic I gave them.

Their English coupled with the way the blog was written didn’t even make sense. The blog itself would have done more harm to my business than good if I had put it onto my website/facebook page.

I hope that answers your question.

thanks Lissa

Hi Everyone

kind regards

Lissa

I’m not sure how you define the “first language” but you can always search out great writers through Fiverr’s search system. A combination of their profile and gig description, reviews and communication skills (if you choose to communicate with them first) will help you make a decision. You can always start small, too, and progress to bulk orders if you’re happy.

Archived