The Mind of The Sale

garretts33

Fabulous - I could do with some help - you start! 🙂

Sure offlinehelpers!

Well, a little ffictional anecdote a wrote a few days ago about why sales is so important for a business:

Let’s think of the stereotypical car salesman scenario. You find yourself on a car lot, looking for your new car to drive home in. You see a car that “speaks” to you, but the thing that stops you in your tracks is a price tag with numbers bigger than your wallet. You want to drive off the lot with this new car, but you feel it wouldn’t be possible because of the price point. A friendly salesman approaches and notes of your interest in the car.

“I like the car,” you say, “but it’s a little expensive for me.”

The salesman then fires off information about the car, special features and the like, which all sounds impressive and quite irresistible to you, but the price point still holds you back.

Finally, the salesman says, “What kind of car are you driving now?” You’re hesitant to say, because the nightmare that you’re driving now is just embarrassing. But you come out with it, reluctantly.

“And how much do you spend on maintenance?” the salesman asks.

“Roughly $900 every 3 months,” you say.

“And I’m sure that this model gets fairly decent gas mileage, yes?”

“It’s decent I suppose,” you say.

“So figuring in fairly decent gas mileage and the cost of maintenance, you’re spending something close $20,000 a year on this car,” says the salesman. “If you want to drive away in that car today, I can offer you a deal. We can appraise your current vehicle, and tick that value off the total of the new car. As well, this new car has better gas mileage and with offer free maintenance every six months.”

A deal such as this would essentially cut the customer’s current expenses in half, and so it’s a no brainer as to what a client in such a position would choose. The salesman just closed a client who was about to walk away because of a price point that they felt was far more than they could afford. How did he close? He closed by establishing value—how having this car in the client’s life would actually save him money.

This is a completely made up example (and I am not a car salesman, so certain aspects may be off) but this is my illustration as to why sales is what you need to be successful. The sales process is an establishment of value for the client.

Guest offlinehelpers

Sure offlinehelpers!

Well, a little ffictional anecdote a wrote a few days ago about why sales is so important for a business:

Let’s think of the stereotypical car salesman scenario. You find yourself on a car lot, looking for your new car to drive home in. You see a car that “speaks” to you, but the thing that stops you in your tracks is a price tag with numbers bigger than your wallet. You want to drive off the lot with this new car, but you feel it wouldn’t be possible because of the price point. A friendly salesman approaches and notes of your interest in the car.

The salesman then fires off information about the car, special features and the like, which all sounds impressive and quite irresistible to you, but the price point still holds you back.

Finally, the salesman says, “What kind of car are you driving now?” You’re hesitant to say, because the nightmare that you’re driving now is just embarrassing. But you come out with it, reluctantly.

“So figuring in fairly decent gas mileage and the cost of maintenance, you’re spending something close $20,000 a year on this car,” says the salesman. “If you want to drive away in that car today, I can offer you a deal. We can appraise your current vehicle, and tick that value off the total of the new car. As well, this new car has better gas mileage and with offer free maintenance every six months.”

A deal such as this would essentially cut the customer’s current expenses in half, and so it’s a no brainer as to what a client in such a position would choose. The salesman just closed a client who was about to walk away because of a price point that they felt was far more than they could afford. How did he close? He closed by establishing value—how having this car in the client’s life would actually save him money.

This is a completely made up example (and I am not a car salesman, so certain aspects may be off) but this is my illustration as to why sales is what you need to be successful. The sales process is an establishment of value for the client.

Thank you! ☀️

Can we use any of this example in our Fiverr sales do you think?

Thank you! ☀️

Can we use any of this example in our Fiverr sales do you think?

Well one example would be when you’re sending an offer for a gig, or in your product description. And In private messages, when you’re talkng with potential leads, the art of the sale should be at work.

Top-level sellers, this is a post to disseminate any selling gems of information which you have applied and/or learned on your journey to becoming an effective salesperson. Share it here.

Top-level sellers, this is a post to disseminate any selling gems of information which you have applied and/or learned on your journey to becoming an effective salesperson.

I’d prefer not to.

The world doesnt need any more used car sales(wo)men.

Thrilled until I saw the “car salesman” example.

Not so much because it’s a bit far from Fiverr, but because makes me think to the attitude of many car salesemen that I’ve met. Maybe in the US it’s different, but around here it ends almost always like this:

– Hello…
– …
– I’m interested to this car, can I…
– …Yeah. It’s open. Have a look.
– I have an used…
– Forget it.
– Never mind. I would like it… red?
– Only grey and white. In six months.
– Have you a brochure, by chance?
– No brochure left, sorry.
– Ok. bye.
– Yea, bye.

Guest glenwriter

Not so much because it’s a bit far from Fiverr, but because makes me think to the attitude of many car salesemen that I’ve met. Maybe in the US it’s different, but around here it ends almost always like this:

– Hello…

– …

– I have an used…

– Forget it.

– Ok. bye.

– Yea, bye.

Well that sucks.

Here in the UK car salespeople will do anything for you… except refund you for the piece of junk they convinced you to buy.

Top-level sellers, this is a post to disseminate any selling gems of information which you have applied and/or learned on your journey to becoming an effective salesperson.

I’d prefer not to.

I’d prefer not to.

Blah! Saleswomen ROCK!

Typical sales(ma)n 🔻

c4cdd1465d58fb059c285946210d1caab18c28e881aa54ddecbad6cfb518d1ed.jpg.94e42aebdd4b0a727f8962e8581898aa.jpg

Maybe in the US it’s different, but around here it ends almost always like this:

It depends on the car lot LOL.

– Hello…

– …

– I have an used…

– Forget it.

– Ok. bye.

– Yea, bye.

I’ve had that experience at a lot of new car dealers in the US. I’ve had them tell me they don’t care if they sell me a car or not. I don’t know how some ever sell any cars. It really depends on the brand how desperate they are. American car dealers are much more eager to do anything to sell you a car and much nicer than dealers of Japanese ones.

I’ve had that experience at a lot of new car dealers in the US. I’ve had them tell me they don’t care if they sell me a car or not. I don’t know how some ever sell any cars. It really depends on the brand how desperate they are. American car dealers are much more eager to do anything to sell you a car and much nicer than dealers of Japanese ones.

Nice edit 🙂

Sure offlinehelpers!

sales is so important for a business

So help me understand. You are saying that sales are good for a buisniess? Can you explain why that is so, and not bad? Fascinating.

Well that sucks.

Here in the UK car salespeople will do anything for you… except refund you for the piece of junk they convinced you to buy.

Here in the UK car salespeople will do anything for you…

I’m curious… What are the most driven cars in the 🇬🇧 Do Brits drive on the left?

Caribbean = 🚗 Left

🇺🇸 Right

Guest offlinehelpers

I’m curious… What are the most driven cars in the 🇬🇧 Do Brits drive on the left?

Caribbean = 🚗 Left

🇺🇸 Right

Do Brits drive on the left?

Most of us do! The ones who don’t are the ones that cause accidents! 🙂

I’d prefer not to.

Blah! Saleswomen ROCK!

Typical sales(ma)n 🔻

24aec4a10cc34e4573c34ea6c442c5d2c90d24f5.jpg

Maybe in the US it’s different, but around here it ends almost always like this:

Do Brits drive on the left?

Most of us do! The ones who don’t are the ones that cause accidents! 🙂 me some Robert De Niro. I haven’t watched this one tho. :thinking:

The ones who don’t are the ones that cause accidents! 🙂

…And they need their license revoked like asap. :rofl:

Guest writerglen

Caribbean = 🚗 Left

🇺🇸 Right

Yeah, left.

A few years ago, my family and I rented a car so we could drive around Cali. On the freeway, jetlag caught up with my dad, and he reverted back to driving on the left-hand side of the road.

Not entirely convinced I survived that ordeal. I feel I might be like the ghost from The Sixth Sense, unable to accept my death. 😱

Yeah, left.

A few years ago, my family and I rented a car so we could drive around Cali. On the freeway, jetlag caught up with my dad, and he reverted back to driving on the left-hand side of the road.

Not entirely convinced I survived that ordeal. I feel I might be like the ghost from The Sixth Sense, unable to accept my death. 😱

LOL, you’re funny. 😂

Wait… so there’s a possibility that I’ve been conversing with a 👻

I better call those ghostbuster guys. 😉

Accept it now :)

ghostbusters.thumb.jpg.3a1488678f0f69a159f7126ddadb3f70.jpg

Guest writerglen

LOL, you’re funny. 😂

Wait… so there’s a possibility that I’ve been conversing with a 👻

I better call those ghostbuster guys. 😉

Accept it now :)

Wait… so there’s a possibility that I’ve been conversing with a 👻 this whole time.

Lol, don’t do that! I’m a friendly ghost.

Plus, I’m only here to haunt @newmike. After he’s put on his greying Spongebob pyjamas and climbed into bed, I’m gonna sneak into his room and whisper in his ear, “woooo… how I mekkkk sellllll?”

Wait… so there’s a possibility that I’ve been conversing with a 👻 this whole time.

Lol, don’t do that! I’m a friendly ghost.

Plus, I’m only here to haunt @newmike. After he’s put on his greying Spongebob pyjamas and climbed into bed, I’m gonna sneak into his room and whisper in his ear, “woooo… how I mekkkk sellllll?”

No worries, Take a ticket. Now serving number 705. 😎

I’d prefer not to.

Blah! Saleswomen ROCK!

Typical sales(ma)n 🔻

24aec4a10cc34e4573c34ea6c442c5d2c90d24f5.jpg

Typical sales(ma)n

Wow! What a salesman! He can even levitate old automobiles! 😛

sales is so important for a business

So help me understand. You are saying that sales are good for a buisniess? Can you explain why that is so, and not bad? Fascinating.

Because if you are in business, then you are in sales. If you are in the 'business" of providing things for people, even when you are not directly involved in business per se, but just in one’s every day life, then you are selling. It’s something that is hard for most people to come to grips with, but it is what our human experience is about.

We are all using Fiverr because we’ve been sold on it via marketing or whatever avenue (however we encountered it). When you persuade your boss to give you a raise, you are selling. When you try to keep a girlfriend from leaving you, it’s selling, just the thing at which it is directed is different. But it’s all the same. That’s why it’s important, and important to talk about

Archived