Excellent comments on Gig Ranking from CS

steveeyes

I thought I’d share the following comments from CS

I’d like to go into futher details here. First of all your Gig can definitely be found in the search term for whiteboard animation.

Keep in mind that whiteboard animations is one of the most competitive categories on Fiverr at this time, and the keyword in and of itself is very competitive and that our search is much more complex than just using the correct terms in your Gig description.

While I cannot go into our search algorithms, I can definitely say that there many factors that decide how a Gig is rated, including but not limited, relevancy to the user’s purchasing habits on Fiverr.

The way our search system works has been changed tremendously since last year. We have already checked and had the Editorial Team check for you and there is nothing wrong with your Gig.

All of your Gigs are visible and in the search. Our best suggestion is to keep doing what you’re doing - deliver quality orders, take more Gigs, be active in the forum, engage with the community and please understand that no marketplace is static.

We have tackled your Gigs on every level possible to make sure they are visible and have no errors. While we understand you can’t see the efforts made behind the scenes, we expect you to understand that we do not take your success lightly.

I wouldn’t read too much into this. I doubt Fiverr algorithm evaluates forum posts.

• You might get a few sales if buyers find your posts useful and see you as an authority
  • You probably get some views when you post something useful. Buyers might check out your profile and gigs. They might even bookmark your gig for future.

I’d like to go into futher details here. First of all your Gig can definitely be found in the search term for whiteboard animation.

Keep in mind that whiteboard animations is one of the most competitive categories on Fiverr at this time, and the keyword in and of itself is very competitive and that our search is much more complex than just using the correct terms in your Gig description.

While I cannot go into our search algorithms, I can definitely say that there many factors that decide how a Gig is rated, including but not limited, relevancy to the user’s purchasing habits on Fiverr.

The way our search system works has been changed tremendously since last year. We have already checked and had the Editorial Team check for you and there is nothing wrong with your Gig.

All of your Gigs are visible and in the search. Our best suggestion is to keep doing what you’re doing - deliver quality orders, take more Gigs, be active in the forum, engage with the community and please understand that no marketplace is static.

We have tackled your Gigs on every level possible to make sure they are visible and have no errors. While we understand you can’t see the efforts made behind the scenes, we expect you to understand that we do not take your success lightly.

be active in the forum, engage with the community and please understand that no marketplace is static.

I think it has to be fairly obvious that what this is about is commending being active and regular on the forum to ensure you keep up with the latest advice, info and tips from other sellers.

So many successful sellers are never on the forum so the idea that simply being here helps does not make sense.

be active in the forum, engage with the community and please understand that no marketplace is static.

I think it has to be fairly obvious that what this is about is commending being active and regular on the forum to ensure you keep up with the latest advice, info and tips from other sellers.

So many successful sellers are never on the forum so the idea that simply being here helps does not make sense.

Talk about Whiteboard animation, it’s really high competitive.

Before this, my whiteboard animation is hot selling. But I was pause my whiteboard animation last year and when I activated it back, my whiteboard gig is hard to standout like before. Lesson to me, never pause gig for long time. 🙂

take more Gigs,

Does this mean sellers need to purchase gigs to improve their rankings, or that they need to have more gigs for sale?

I guess it is time to confess. In the past if my gig sales dropped, I was always able to figure it out and within a few weeks things were back to normal. This time it is different. It has been at least 3 months that I have gotten a NEW message and no matter what i do, no change. Thank god for repeat customers or I would of died weeks ago.

I guess it is time to confess. In the past if my gig sales dropped, I was always able to figure it out and within a few weeks things were back to normal. This time it is different. It has been at least 3 months that I have gotten a NEW message and no matter what i do, no change. Thank god for repeat customers or I would of died weeks ago.

There can be a number of reasons for this, but most likely the whiteboard animation market has changed 🙂

• Nowadays there are plenty of free tools to build whiteboard videos. I can see that you’re offering a better quality than an average DIY online tool, but some people will go for it.
  • I bet there are more sellers in your category offering the same service at a lower price range. Their quality might not be at the same level, but some buyers are OK with that.
  • Personally, I think whiteboard animations are not trendy anymore. I build websites and during the last 6 months I’ve built only one site that had a whiteboard video and even they are saving up to get a better video.

I think you have to add an additional value to your gigs to stay at the top 😉

take more Gigs,

Does this mean sellers need to purchase gigs to improve their rankings, or that they need to have more gigs for sale?

take more Gigs,

I can only see this meaning “Make more gigs”, ie. experiment, try new things, diversify etc.

It should also be noted that the CS person said (Bolding mine)

I sincerely doubt they said that they cant go into the algorithm and then followed it up with a blueprint for beating the algorithm. That would not make sense - besides, I doubt CS are any more privy to the algo info than the rest of us are, so the advice they give is more practical in terms of things to try out.

My reading of their advice is:

Deliver quality, create new gigs, learn from the forum, engage with the community for help and guidance, remember that things change.

To be honest, if someone posted this advice on the forum, it would be moved to the Retirement home for old and often repeated tips

There can be a number of reasons for this, but most likely the whiteboard animation market has changed 🙂

• Nowadays there are plenty of free tools to build whiteboard videos. I can see that you’re offering a better quality than an average DIY online tool, but some people will go for it.
  • I bet there are more sellers in your category offering the same service at a lower price range. Their quality might not be at the same level, but some buyers are OK with that.
  • Personally, I think whiteboard animations are not trendy anymore. I build websites and during the last 6 months I’ve built only one site that had a whiteboard video and even they are saving up to get a better video.

I think you have to add an additional value to your gigs to stay at the top 😉

@steveeyes is already offering a really great deal. Her videos are catchy and prices are also great. There are, of course, some other sellers offering way cheaper whiteboard animation videos but most of them are compromising with quality and some are even infringing copyrights.

My sales also dropped since fiverr changed search algorithms but still, its all good. My prices are always on the higher side but still I am getting orders and messages regularly.

take more Gigs,

I can only see this meaning “Make more gigs”, ie. experiment, try new things, diversify etc.

It should also be noted that the CS person said (Bolding mine)

I sincerely doubt they said that they cant go into the algorithm and then followed it up with a blueprint for beating the algorithm. That would not make sense - besides, I doubt CS are any more privy to the algo info than the rest of us are, so the advice they give is more practical in terms of things to try out.

My reading of their advice is:

Deliver quality, create new gigs, learn from the forum, engage with the community for help and guidance, remember that things change.

To be honest, if someone posted this advice on the forum, it would be moved to the Retirement home for old and often repeated tips

there many factors that decide how a Gig is rated, including but not limited, relevancy to the user’s purchasing habits on Fiverr.

So our gigs are displayed more to those who have purchased similar gigs in the past.

@steveeyes is already offering a really great deal. Her videos are catchy and prices are also great. There are, of course, some other sellers offering way cheaper whiteboard animation videos but most of them are compromising with quality and some are even infringing copyrights.

My sales also dropped since fiverr changed search algorithms but still, its all good. My prices are always on the higher side but still I am getting orders and messages regularly.

Her videos are catchy and prices are also great.

I saw her portfolio and that’s what I said as well, but it doesn’t change the fact that whiteboard videos are fading out. You need to come up with something new to stay in the game.

Sellers offering low quality WB videos have ruined the market and I believe that’s one of the reasons why OP’s sales have decreased. It’s not the only reason, but one of them.

Her videos are catchy and prices are also great.

I saw her portfolio and that’s what I said as well, but it doesn’t change the fact that whiteboard videos are fading out. You need to come up with something new to stay in the game.

Sellers offering low quality WB videos have ruined the market and I believe that’s one of the reasons why OP’s sales have decreased. It’s not the only reason, but one of them.

I went that route. Tried making them cheaper but nothing changed. Over the past 3 months tried many things both on and off site. Now I’m too the point of just letting things as they are and see what happens.

Archived