Landon's Strategies - Maintaining Levels

landongrace

Each change that Fiverr makes is in an effort to create a better experience for the buyers. This will yield more buyers and hopefully more sales. From what I am seeing, I think it is working.

I started on Fiverr in 2013 and I am a TRS. I have completed 4500 orders. My ratings are 100%-99%-99%-5.0.

When Fiverr changed the ratings model and added the monthly evaluation, I took a hard look at a couple of things that I was doing.

I realized that I could not take as many orders as I was taking because it affected my delivery times. I have always had incredible customer service, but the more aggressive I am with my offers, the harder it will be to meet the new Fiverr requirements. I chose to move my monthly order numbers from around 150 to about 90. This also decreased my Fiver income by 1/3.

I also needed to maintain a high enough number of orders to limit my chances of 1 order causing a problem for the month. Larger orders will not help my odds of something going wrong in regard to ratings. It could be safer for me to create offers that are smaller in cost so that I will do more orders instead of a few large orders. (I am not splitting large orders into smaller orders. I am providing services that are smaller. Nothing tricky…)

I also have less competition in my category because of the changes.

What did you start doing differently when monthly evaluations started?

Guest offlinehelpers

I will never, ever offer a mutual cancellation using the resolution centre for an ‘ordered by mistake’ again.

I will never, ever offer a mutual cancellation using the resolution centre for an ‘ordered by mistake’ again.

I was hopeful that contacting CS made a difference after the recent thread, but alas, twas but a dream. (This is not encouraging).

image.png.62c85709c5e6729b961c442827e841c4.png

I was hopeful that contacting CS made a difference after the recent thread, but alas, twas but a dream. (This is not encouraging).

I think the thing was that CS told someone it was supposed to not count for demotion - that it still counts for the completion rate seemed a given (though, of course, it should not count in such cases, because it just makes no logical sense).

I had an accidental duplicate order today as well and sent a ticket and mentioned I don´t want to send the cancellation myself as I don´t want this cancellation which isn´t my fault at all to perhaps be responsible for my demotion next time, I didn´t get a reply yet.

I think the thing was that CS told someone it was supposed to not count for demotion - that it still counts for the completion rate seemed a given (though, of course, it should not count in such cases, because it just makes no logical sense).

I had an accidental duplicate order today as well and sent a ticket and mentioned I don´t want to send the cancellation myself as I don´t want this cancellation which isn´t my fault at all to perhaps be responsible for my demotion next time, I didn´t get a reply yet.

I have to admit, I am really doubtful that the part about “not counting against you as far as demotion” is true. In my experience it is much more likely that the CS agents are not consistent in their understanding of the system. I can’t imaging how complicated it would be to have a system that still actually changes your metrics, but somehow ignores that metric when it comes to evaluation.

I could be wrong, but my expectations are pretty low right now. Perhaps we should take the dueling opinions from CS and send them in 1 email to CS, asking them to clarify?

Guest offlinehelpers

I have to admit, I am really doubtful that the part about “not counting against you as far as demotion” is true. In my experience it is much more likely that the CS agents are not consistent in their understanding of the system. I can’t imaging how complicated it would be to have a system that still actually changes your metrics, but somehow ignores that metric when it comes to evaluation.

I could be wrong, but my expectations are pretty low right now. Perhaps we should take the dueling opinions from CS and send them in 1 email to CS, asking them to clarify?

May I PM you please @newsmike?

I can´t say that would surprise me, and good idea.

After seeing the (what I think was a) sticky regarding that “support cancelled orders not affecting levels” (if not your fault) I contacted my success manager and he said he wasn’t aware of anything like that being offered.

So I’m agreement with you. This does not seem to be a facility currently being offered. It is not unheard of for a CSR to be wrong and that appears to be the case here.

I did read mention late last year that they’re working on a way to handle cancellations better (as in, letting us cancel orders without penalty when the cancellation is legitimate), so I’m confident we’ll see a sensible solution to this flawed mechanic soon

Edited: This post was withdrawn because I am now hearing evidence that the method that worked before is now a 50/50 shot at best.

Each change that Fiverr makes is in an effort to create a better experience for the buyers. This will yield more buyers and hopefully more sales. From what I am seeing, I think it is working.

I started on Fiverr in 2013 and I am a TRS. I have completed 4500 orders. My ratings are 100%-99%-99%-5.0.

When Fiverr changed the ratings model and added the monthly evaluation, I took a hard look at a couple of things that I was doing.

I realized that I could not take as many orders as I was taking because it affected my delivery times. I have always had incredible customer service, but the more aggressive I am with my offers, the harder it will be to meet the new Fiverr requirements. I chose to move my monthly order numbers from around 150 to about 90. This also decreased my Fiver income by 1/3.

I also needed to maintain a high enough number of orders to limit my chances of 1 order causing a problem for the month. Larger orders will not help my odds of something going wrong in regard to ratings. It could be safer for me to create offers that are smaller in cost so that I will do more orders instead of a few large orders. (I am not splitting large orders into smaller orders. I am providing services that are smaller. Nothing tricky…)

I also have less competition in my category because of the changes.

What did you start doing differently when monthly evaluations started?

I paused or deleted any gig that had a rating under 4.8, with one exception. I improved my customer service and now that 4.6 gig is rated at 4.8.

I also hired an artist on Fiverr to create better gig images for some of my gigs, and deleted some of my videos since they weren’t making a difference in sales. Also, video affects how your gig appears in the search results, so I’d rather not have them.

This will yield more buyers and hopefully more sales.

I hope you’re right, because that’s not my experience. When I was TRS, I used to make an average of $50 a day. Sometimes $40, sometimes $66, but my earnings were an average of $1,510.75 a month.

Now my earnings are very little.

January: $958 (demotion to level 2)

February $632 (demotion to level 1)

March: $184 (promotion to level 2 yesterday)

So I don’t see more buyers and more sales. Better customer service? Absolutely. Better gigs to avoid demotions? Surely. But more sales? I don’t see it.

I can only speculate that Fiverr changed the level system to help buyers, not sellers.

I paused or deleted any gig that had a rating under 4.8, with one exception. I improved my customer service and now that 4.6 gig is rated at 4.8.

I also hired an artist on Fiverr to create better gig images for some of my gigs, and deleted some of my videos since they weren’t making a difference in sales. Also, video affects how your gig appears in the search results, so I’d rather not have them.

This will yield more buyers and hopefully more sales.

I hope you’re right, because that’s not my experience. When I was TRS, I used to make an average of $50 a day. Sometimes $40, sometimes $66, but my earnings were an average of $1,510.75 a month.

Now my earnings are very little.

January: $958 (demotion to level 2)

February $632 (demotion to level 1)

March: $184 (promotion to level 2 yesterday)

So I don’t see more buyers and more sales. Better customer service? Absolutely. Better gigs to avoid demotions? Surely. But more sales? I don’t see it.

I can only speculate that Fiverr changed the level system to help buyers, not sellers.

Congrats on the promotion!

I know it is tough when you dont see instant results for the changes and extra effort you are making but stick with it. Some of the changes, especially improvements in customer service, can take some time to start really making a difference. As I said before - your profile looks so much better and the improvement in reviews and the stopping of responding badly adds so much.

Keep the faith, it will pay off.

Congrats on the promotion!

I know it is tough when you dont see instant results for the changes and extra effort you are making but stick with it. Some of the changes, especially improvements in customer service, can take some time to start really making a difference. As I said before - your profile looks so much better and the improvement in reviews and the stopping of responding badly adds so much.

Keep the faith, it will pay off.

Thanks for your kind words. I did notice that my 60-day rating has increased from 4.7 to 5.0. Order completion rate is at 92%, so maybe having less orders have been the caused of that, or maybe I’ve been treating people better.

I admit the level system has forced me to change some bad habits, maybe this can help me outside of Fiverr as well.

Thanks for your kind words. I did notice that my 60-day rating has increased from 4.7 to 5.0. Order completion rate is at 92%, so maybe having less orders have been the caused of that, or maybe I’ve been treating people better.

I admit the level system has forced me to change some bad habits, maybe this can help me outside of Fiverr as well.

Honestly, you have no idea how good it is to hear you speaking like that.

Guest uxreview

I got demoted after the first evaluation (buyer changed his mind, nothing I could do about it).

Here’s what I did to get my level back

• Narrowed my target audience - I optimized my gig descriptions and tags to focus more on local businesses.
  • I raised my prices about 30% - I invested in various licenses and tools so that I can add more value to my gigs.
  • Streamlined my delivery - I optimized my processes and created templates to deliver more consistent quality.

Result

• I got my level back
  • February was my best month ever
  • I’m booked until May
  • I found an assistant to help me reduce my workload.

I got demoted after the first evaluation (buyer changed his mind, nothing I could do about it).

• Narrowed my target audience - I optimized my gig descriptions and tags to focus more on local businesses.
  • I raised my prices about 30% - I invested in various licenses and tools so that I can add more value to my gigs.
  • Streamlined my delivery - I optimized my processes and created templates to deliver more consistent quality.

Result

• I got my level back
  • I’m booked until May

Great to see so many people talking about the improvements they have made to make their business adapt to the new system. I love your approach and the using templates thing is a phenomenally easy yet valuable thing to do. Adds lots of value to your service and yet does not cost you much time.

I recently updated some of my “advice templates” that cover instructions for certain aspects of my service, been using them a good while now and they have saved so much time. I now make new ones as often as possible to add to the value people receive.

Result

• I got my level back
  • I’m booked until May

That is so good! Thanks for sharing! The success is encouraging!

Archived