Client want to pay in Litecoin (LTC)

trooviez9

There’s this client who found me on LinkedIn and sent me a message saying he would like me to provide him with articles on blockchain and cryptocurrency on a regular basis but he’ll be paying in Litecoin (LTC) or ETH.
Sellers, would you accept payments in cryptocurrency? Why?

Currently 10USD = 0.06 LTC
1LTC= $173. 85

Other than the fact that it’s not possible on Fiverr, no, I wouldn’t, because it’s too risky, and because I don’t know enough about cryptocurrencies to make that kind of investment.

However, since you’re writing about cryptocurrencies, I guess that you know enough to make an informed decision.

If you accept payment outside of Fiverr, that’s a clear violation of the TOS, and your account can get suspended.

If you are selling on your own website, it’s up to your risk tolerance to accept it or not. I’d certainly accept, but I understand you can’t pay in the local shop with that, so if you need the money for everyday items, don’t. If this money would go to your savings, then it’s a risky but great element to your portfolio.

1. If you accept payment outside of Fiverr, that’s a clear violation of the TOS, and your account can get suspended.
  2. If you are selling on your own website, it’s up to your risk tolerance to accept it or not. I’d certainly accept, but I understand you can’t pay in the local shop with that, so if you need the money for everyday items, don’t. If this money would go to your savings, then it’s a risky but great element to your portfolio.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Cryptocurrency market, though exciting, is so crazy right now that I just don’t think I am ready to venture into it at the moment. I research and write about cryptos but I still prefer to accept payments in paper money. I think I’ll decline the clients’ offer.

No.

It won’t pay my bills. It could be $173 today and $1 tomorrow.

If you’re looking to make an investment then go ahead, but don’t count on it 🙂

It could be $173 today and $1 tomorrow.

I totally agree. The market is so bullish there’s no better cryptocurrency to go along with. It’s crzay.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Cryptocurrency market, though exciting, is so crazy right now that I just don’t think I am ready to venture into it at the moment. I research and write about cryptos but I still prefer to accept payments in paper money. I think I’ll decline the clients’ offer.

Well, if you write articles about crypto, it would certainly add to your credibility if you had some on your own. And I don’t mean 5 dollar, rather about 1000. Don’t get me wrong, but I would not take any article seriously, if the writer does not actually owns some, never had a transaction, so basically… only hes theoretical knowledge.

Well, if you write articles about crypto, it would certainly add to your credibility if you had some on your own. And I don’t mean 5 dollar, rather about 1000. Don’t get me wrong, but I would not take any article seriously, if the writer does not actually owns some, never had a transaction, so basically… only hes theoretical knowledge.

I like your suggestion. It’s worth taking the risk as crypto writer.

Archived