Seeking Advice, should I hire someone? Or?

kha1ed

Hi all,
I hope you are doing great 🙂
I am just a bit confused and I think only people who work on fiverr will understand my concern.

Summary: What should you do when you have more orders than you can manage? Hire someone? Quit your job? Or increase the price to have less orders with higher income?

I have more orders than I can manage these days and I can barely keep everything under control. I was full time fiverrian in the last 4 months as I was looking for a job. Now I will start my new job on the 1st of April.

The problem is I don’t think I can keep up with the work on fiverr. During the last two months, I hired 7 people (not at the same time tho) but I could not get the quality or the speed I want. The last two were doing okay, but I have spent most of my time modifying their work and managing the revisions/messages/requests on fiverr. In other words I had the same work pressure or maybe even more!

With that being said, Im not sure what to do 😕

• I was thinking to just hire someone and work with him/her for few weeks hoping he/she will be better in the future. But there is no guarantee that this person will stay with me forever.

• I had another idea of starting a company, where people take it more seriously and be more committed. But that is not feasible at this moment.

• I was also thinking of increasing my prices so I will have less orders with higher price which might be better.

I think some of you may experiecedd this before, that is why Im posting here. What do you think I should do?

not sure what work you do but you can raise prices a little bit. i would never quit the day job. stay up late and deal with it is what i did. i also increased the delivery time. i had this one gig that required 25 hours…lots of video…with only 2 days to do it. i stayed up late and never stopped working. i hated those few days!

How about increasing delivery times?

I tried that for a while, same thing.

I think 90% of my orders from custom offers where I send double the delivery time and they accept it. But still many orders, but can be managed somehow

not sure what work you do but you can raise prices a little bit. i would never quit the day job. stay up late and deal with it is what i did. i also increased the delivery time. i had this one gig that required 25 hours…lots of video…with only 2 days to do it. i stayed up late and never stopped working. i hated those few days!

Thats one way of doing it. But don’t you think that you will spend almost all of your time working? From day work to online work? Then the question will be, until when? Will you do this forever?

I think increasing the price a bit with the delivery time can help in my situation.

Thats one way of doing it. But don’t you think that you will spend almost all of your time working? From day work to online work? Then the question will be, until when? Will you do this forever?

I think increasing the price a bit with the delivery time can help in my situation.

Just reading your question and the answers.

My 2 cents: apparently you are too cheap. So raise your price and raise it big. 50% or more.

Unless you want to work all day and night.

Be happy that some of your customers will leave. The ones that stay will bring you enough to enjoy life.

In addition to that, you can also limit the number of orders in queue. And, since most of your orders come from custom offers, triple the delivery time if needed.

Hi all,

I am just a bit confused and I think only people who work on fiverr will understand my concern.

Summary: What should you do when you have more orders than you can manage? Hire someone? Quit your job? Or increase the price to have less orders with higher income?

I have more orders than I can manage these days and I can barely keep everything under control. I was full time fiverrian in the last 4 months as I was looking for a job. Now I will start my new job on the 1st of April.

The problem is I don’t think I can keep up with the work on fiverr. During the last two months, I hired 7 people (not at the same time tho) but I could not get the quality or the speed I want. The last two were doing okay, but I have spent most of my time modifying their work and managing the revisions/messages/requests on fiverr. In other words I had the same work pressure or maybe even more!

• I was thinking to just hire someone and work with him/her for few weeks hoping he/she will be better in the future. But there is no guarantee that this person will stay with me forever.

• I had another idea of starting a company, where people take it more seriously and be more committed. But that is not feasible at this moment.

• I was also thinking of increasing my prices so I will have less orders with higher price which might be better.

I think some of you may experiecedd this before, that is why Im posting here. What do you think I should do?

I was also thinking of increasing my prices so I will have less orders with higher price which might be better.

Considering your current prices I think this is your best option.

Most likely you will earn more, get fewer cancellation & scammers.

Your prices are quite low and so the idea of hiring someone to do work for you means they would need to be priced even lower than that. You will generally have issues with quality at that stage. Of course, there will always be new sellers which are willing to do more for less but as soon as they make a few sales, their price will go up and you need to find someone else then!

Put your prices up, perhaps improve your service or deliverable a bit to increase price/upsells a bit more and get paid more while having less clients (and messages, revisions, inquiries) to deal with. Eliminating some of your non-billable tasks is a great way to increase your productivity.

In addition to that, you can also limit the number of orders in queue. And, since most of your orders come from custom offers, triple the delivery time if needed.

Limiting the orders is another good idea 🙂

triple the delivery time if needed

Sounds good, thanks

@eoinfinnegan @uxreview @lobster123
I thought my prices are relatively higher than average, but since you all mentioned the same point I think I was wrong!

Yesterday a buyer form Canada message me just to say why your prices are so cheap? re you sure about the videos on your profile?
He placed an order at the end, but Im connecting what he said with your comments. I think I need to increase my prices and add some cool stuff!

Hi all,

Find a good experienced person who was loyal to his work or who you can easy work with and get stick to him…

GOOD LU|CK 😉

I thought my prices are relatively higher than average, but since you all mentioned the same point I think I was wrong!

Yesterday a buyer form Canada message me just to say why your prices are so cheap? re you sure about the videos on your profile?

He placed an order at the end, but Im connecting what he said with your comments. I think I need to increase my prices and add some cool stuff!

Any change in gig description or price may cause your gig disappear from search for some time or may change your gigs current position it may also affect orders you are getting. I have read many posts regarding this issue. I have one gig which earns regular orders, it needed some urgent description changes but I am not doing I am afraid of loosing its position and orders.

Do remember this fact also while making any change to your gig.

Absolutely raise your prices, that will give you the same income with less work.
Or, find that 2-3 guys you can outsource to, and manage them well, pay them well. If they don’t deliver quality, move on to the next.
Its a good problem to have though!

Yeah…,

I wanted to hire you too!

Shot me in the foot with my advice!

😦

I saw at some of the other comments: increase your lead-time. Although I believe this is not a smart move to do. But you might also consider doing both. Is the customer in a hurry? Pay double price. No hurry? Wait for weeks.

@hanzila
It is easy to say but hard to do, thanks though 🙂

@sparx_intros
Don’t worry about this thing my friend, when you have many orders on your list you can take advatage of that and change the prices. we want money after all 😉

@fogi
I have increased the prices a bit for now. I tried the outsourcing stuff before, it costs a lot and takes more time than needed 😦

@lobster123
lol Im not shooting anyone mate, just friendly discussion 😎

@hanzila

It is easy to say but hard to do, thanks though 🙂

@sparx_intros

Don’t worry about this thing my friend, when you have many orders on your list you can take advatage of that and change the prices. we want money after all 😉

@fogi

I have increased the prices a bit for now. I tried the outsourcing stuff before, it costs a lot and takes more time than needed 😦

@lobster123

lol Im not shooting anyone mate, just friendly discussion 😎

You can raise your prices if you are that popular. There is no reason not to. Increase them quite a bit.

Archived