Are you obsessed with Fiverr's numbers?

karanbhasin808

Ok so right off the bat, I am in a love/hate relationship with Fiverr. There’s nothing sweeter than the joy I get from a 5 star review which I spent hours working on and a bad experience can affect me in my personal life and would bother me at the back of my head. All in all I think it is the best way to earn as a student and I am also learning how to deal with different kinds of people.
I have been on Fiverr for around 3 months so I am pretty new to it but I used to be obsessed with numbers. The first (unfair) bad review I got made me harass the CS for like 3 days. I did eventually get over it and then dealt with cheap and ignorant buyers for a while who suck in general. That made my ratios go up and down for quiet sometime.
Finally, I lost my Level 1 badge and became a New Seller (Still not sure why they don’t just change it to ‘Seller’ or something. There are people with 500+ reviews with a ‘New Seller’ next to their name) and I just relied on Buyers Request. I have gotten some amazing repeat buyers from there and I realized I was not concerned with numbers anymore. I delivered work which made me happy, made the buyer satisfied and still the numbers worked in my favor.

This made me question, do we really have to be obsessed with the numbers that much? The reviews wouldn’t be bad in general if you provide with quality work. The buyer is the most crucial part of the whole Fiverr experience

Preach it!
People spend days agonizing over stats here when in actual fact, the stats available are simply not enough to be able to make anything more than an educated guess at how things are going. A new seller with no reviews can be on the first page beside someone who has been with Fiverr from the start.
While checking them can give you some idea of how things are going, there is nothing better for new sellers than just getting stuck in to buyer requests, checking out tips on the forum and trying their own methods of marketing. The obsession with “How do I get impressions” etc is a complete waste of time.

Yes exactly. Impressions on gigs, reviews, response rate, all those things.

Well I kinda care about them. I don’t really check them insanely everyday, but I make sure to always check on how everything is going. Like if my impressions are too high & I’m getting low views on my gig, then that’s enough for me to make a “personal meeting” to discuss how I could convert these impressions into actual buyers.

Regarding response rate, I really don’t care about it that much. I don’t even know how my response rate is 1H although I spend 7 hours at school which i’m probably unable to take my cellphone out. I just make sure to respond as quick as possible whenever I’m able to.

When I first started on Fiverr, I didn’t care that much about my gig analytics as I was barely getting exposure.I was getting the same numbers every day. So I don’t think they’re really that useful for new sellers. (I did freak out at the beginning every time I see things aren’t going as they should. But this has stopped when @eoinfinnegan told me not to worry about it everyday & I should start checking weekly, Thanks to him! )

Well I kinda care about them. I don’t really check them insanely everyday, but I make sure to always check on how everything is going. Like if my impressions are too high & I’m getting low views on my gig, then that’s enough for me to make a “personal meeting” to discuss how I could convert these impressions into actual buyers.

Regarding response rate, I really don’t care about it that much. I don’t even know how my response rate is 1H although I spend 7 hours at school which i’m probably unable to take my cellphone out. I just make sure to respond as quick as possible whenever I’m able to.

When I first started on Fiverr, I didn’t care that much about my gig analytics as I was barely getting exposure.I was getting the same numbers every day. So I don’t think they’re really that useful for new sellers. (I did freak out at the beginning every time I see things aren’t going as they should. But this has stopped when @eoinfinnegan told me not to worry about it everyday & I should start checking weekly, Thanks to him! )

Well I kinda care about them. I don’t really check them insanely everyday, but I make sure to always check on how everything is going.

Same here. I never like ever obsess over numbers. For what? To cause stress and all dat 🎻 jazz?! Meh, I’m good.

I try to keep my response rate to under 3 hours if it goes over then… Oh, well! At the moment it’s 2 hours, I’ve created a bunch of quick replies to make life easier. My stats for the next evaluation is in the green. However, if it wasn’t then I’ll deal with it but not going to lose sleep 💤 over it. I do have an awesome life, classes and other business ventures outside of Fiverr. So, I like to divide my time a little bit here & there!

Well I kinda care about them. I don’t really check them insanely everyday, but I make sure to always check on how everything is going.

Same here. I never like ever obsess over numbers. For what? To cause stress and all dat 🎻 jazz?! Meh, I’m good.

I try to keep my response rate to under 3 hours if it goes over then… Oh, well! At the moment it’s 2 hours, I’ve created a bunch of quick replies to make life easier. My stats for the next evaluation is in the green. However, if it wasn’t then I’ll deal with it but not going to lose sleep 💤 over it. I do have an awesome life, classes and other business ventures outside of Fiverr. So, I like to divide my time a little bit here & there!

I’ve created a bunch of quick replies to make life easier.

That is on my to do list.

I’ve created a bunch of quick replies to make life easier.

Hi, Vickie! 🙂

It’s a lifesaver. I tried to think of scenarios to base my quick replies off and so far it’s working. Especially if I’m laying in 🛏️

I used to care about numbers a lot on the analytics page but then I realized that, by spending time analyzing the numbers and checking where I’m low or high every day, I lose time to write my orders, make sales, talk to clients and have some downtime at home. Also, none of it really matters if you’re still getting orders.

Sure, you could look at your conversion rates/a sudden drop in views/clicks and see if you need to adjust anything, but because of the nature of freelancing, you never know if people need your services right away, when they’d need it, or if they’re just “window shopping”.

As for reviews, I try to keep it at 5 stars the whole time, but you also have to understand that people are people and they’re entitled to their own opinion. All in all, I really used to care but with age on Fiverr it doesn’t seem to mean as much.

I used to care about numbers a lot on the analytics page but then I realized that, by spending time analyzing the numbers and checking where I’m low or high every day, I lose time to write my orders, make sales, talk to clients and have some downtime at home. Also, none of it really matters if you’re still getting orders.

Sure, you could look at your conversion rates/a sudden drop in views/clicks and see if you need to adjust anything, but because of the nature of freelancing, you never know if people need your services right away, when they’d need it, or if they’re just “window shopping”.

As for reviews, I try to keep it at 5 stars the whole time, but you also have to understand that people are people and they’re entitled to their own opinion. All in all, I really used to care but with age on Fiverr it doesn’t seem to mean as much.

All in all, I really used to care but with age on Fiverr it doesn’t seem to mean as much.

You are wise for a young’en.

For Braden

Hi there. Hou ya doing?

Well said, Braden. 🙂

I call it ebb & flow.

So, I just go with the flow. :surfing_woman:t4:

I take my business on Fiverr very seriously. However, I will not cause myself to have medical problems/lack of sleep by getting upset over levels or anything. There will ALWAYS be room for improvement. I’ll say that I am a perfectionist, so sometimes it’s a challenge.

All in all, I really used to care but with age on Fiverr it doesn’t seem to mean as much.

You are wise for a young’en.

For Braden

Hi there. Hou ya doing?

For Vickie

I’m doing pretty well, I’m just trying to make sure I maintain a healthy balance between Fiverr, school and sports. How are you?

Well said, Braden. 🙂

I call it ebb & flow.

So, I just go with the flow. :surfing_woman:t4:

I take my business on Fiverr very seriously. However, I will not cause myself to have medical problems/lack of sleep by getting upset over levels or anything. There will ALWAYS be room for improvement. I’ll say that I am a perfectionist, so sometimes it’s a challenge.

Exactly! I’m actually thinking of making some sort of a “1 year on Fiverr” post here soon because I’ve learned and grown a lot and I want to share some of my thoughts/experiences that may not be as obvious to others.

When I first started on Fiverr, I didn’t care that much about my gig analytics as I was barely getting exposure.I was getting the same numbers every day. So I don’t think they’re really that useful for new sellers. (I did freak out at the beginning every time I see things aren’t going as they should. But this has stopped when @eoinfinnegan told me not to worry about it everyday & I should start checking weekly

Yep, I remember that conversation - seems like years ago!

In the beginning views, clicks, impressions, all of them can vary dramatically or not at all and this is because of a variety of reasons but there is no reason to pay too much attention to them. If you notice that you are getting lots of impressions and very few clicks, as Braden mentions below, you can check to see if perhaps your gig image/video is not attractive enough, because impressions are when your gig shows in results after someone searched for something and if they didn’t click then maybe your gig didnt attract them.

On the other hand, you might be showing at the bottom of the page so you get impressions but people dont really see you.

Exactly, people’s shopping habits vary so much and trying to figure them out is something you would need all of Google’s big data to really understand, not just the little bits of info Fiverr gives us.

Time is much better spent being proactive, testing things out, responding to Buyer Requests, adding new gigs or learning new skills than it is trying to “play the system” to get fake impressions, clicks or favorites (as someone suggested elsewhere today).

I really used to care but with age on Fiverr it doesn’t seem to mean as much.

The bolded part made me smirk, but actually - after a year on Fiverr was when I really began to see that it was really worthwhile and started making “proper” money. Looking forward to the update from you.

Exactly! I’m actually thinking of making some sort of a “1 year on Fiverr” post here soon because I’ve learned and grown a lot and I want to share some of my thoughts/experiences that may not be as obvious to others.

Just go for it, dude! 🎉 I’m pretty sure it will help & inspire many sellers. 😉

You’ve come a long way and you should be very proud of what you’ve accomplished in such a sort span of time. 😎

I do not even check my impressions and such weekly. However, Daily I check my analysis page to see if I am getting my $ close to Level 2 as that is all that is holding me back. 🤨

However, what drew me to this thread was the red background of @youssefkamel 's profile picture.

For youssef

Hi kiddo. How you been doing?

I do not even check my impressions and such weekly. However, Daily I check my analysis page to see if I am getting my $ close to Level 2 as that is all that is holding me back. 🤨

Hopefully you’ll reach that milestone soon, 3 days to go! Aren’t you able to be a level 2 seller if you have all green except the 💰

For Vickie

It’s been great! I’m starting to get things back to how it was. I might even become level one seller in the coming evaluation. ☀️ (Unless if it didn’t go as planned.) What about you Vickie, How’s things going? Are we going to celebrate your promotion to level 2 seller next evaluation? 😜

As @nikavoice said, Just go for it! I would love to read such kind of post written by you, Braden. Specially that it’s written from someone who’s a teenager as well.

I’ll wait eagerly for it. 😄

For Youssef

We should totally celebrate your lvl1. 🎉 I’ll bring your favorite treats and maybe another friend of ours can bring the drinks (I’ll take a healthy drink like a green 🍏 smoothie). Oh, I think we’ll need a 🎼

I hope you have a RAD day! ❤️

For Youssef

We should totally celebrate your lvl1. 🎉 I’ll bring your favorite treats and maybe another friend of ours can bring the drinks (I’ll take a healthy drink like a green 🍏 smoothie). Oh, I think we’ll need a 🎼

I hope you have a RAD day! ❤️

For Nika

That sounds exciting! On 15th of March, let’s celebrate all those who got promoted! And also we got JonBaas day to celebrate! 😄

Archived