Hello everyone, I'm new and in a conundrum

Hi all,

I’m cflover40, and I’ve created my Fiverr profile to combine my fetish writing with my more mainstream genre pieces. I may have expatriated into a culture that is way less socially conservative than the one I lived into my adult years, I still have no desire to connect my private person to the work I do here.

I’m kindly asking others, how could the conflict be resolved in such a manner that Fiverr truly does appreciate my privacy, and not force me to post a profile picture (as original it may be) which could easily lead to things I’m not willing to share, and I still have a way to start gigs?

I appreciate your input

Welcome. You can have a logo or an image as your profile picture. Don’t forget to check out the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page to make sure that your gig complies with the rules.

Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately a logo, I have not, and as for an image, I’ve tried several, only to be knocked down as not original. I also support that, as a creator myself, I opt to not use the work of others without their knowledge.

However, there’s some content on the internet, created as reference, which is to be used royalty free and with no copyright restrictions, something I thought would be a compromise, until I was proven wrong. What I’m looking to do here is a “Stephen King also did not had to disclose he is Richard Bachmann, who wrote The Running Man, until he saw fit to reveal it” kind of thing.

Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately a logo, I have not, and as for an image, I’ve tried several, only to be knocked down as not original. I also support that, as a creator myself, I opt to not use the work of others without their knowledge.

However, there’s some content on the internet, created as reference, which is to be used royalty free and with no copyright restrictions, something I thought would be a compromise, until I was proven wrong. What I’m looking to do here is a “Stephen King also did not had to disclose he is Richard Bachmann, who wrote The Running Man, until he saw fit to reveal it” kind of thing.

Some sellers are using cartoons of themselves. That’s allowed, too. You can always hire someone to make you one, or you can make one yourself (I think that there are free online programs that let you do that).

As for the fetish writing, just keep in mind that adult oriented services aren’t allowed on Fiverr. It might be a good idea to contact Customer Support, explain exactly what you’d like to offer, and ask them if it’s permitted.

Some sellers are using cartoons of themselves. That’s allowed, too. You can always hire someone to make you one, or you can make one yourself (I think that there are free online programs that let you do that).

As for the fetish writing, just keep in mind that adult oriented services aren’t allowed on Fiverr. It might be a good idea to contact Customer Support, explain exactly what you’d like to offer, and ask them if it’s permitted.

I know of a seller here, who does the same thing, so it should be allowed, I’m combining my usual genres with female combat fiction, and not with outright graphic and s****l content. As for allowed pictures, it’s a funny thing, because it just happened… I’m worlds apart from graphic design, but I still tried MS Paint with a text insert that said “Cflover40 at your service”, it was under 1 MB, it was a jpg… and it got removed for suspicion of not being an original image (even though I made it on my PC)

Okay, so this seems to be just my luck. Now that the profile question has been resolved, I’m keen to find out if others had encountered a bug where you edit your gig, and while doing the description, you write less than 1200 characters, but way more, than the minimum required 120, and it still says you haven’t written enough?

Naturally, I’ve reported the issue first, just curious if others had experienced it too.

Okay, so this seems to be just my luck. Now that the profile question has been resolved, I’m keen to find out if others had encountered a bug where you edit your gig, and while doing the description, you write less than 1200 characters, but way more, than the minimum required 120, and it still says you haven’t written enough?

Naturally, I’ve reported the issue first, just curious if others had experienced it too.

There is a bug with the gig descriptions, yes.

Copy/paste doesn’t seem to be a good option, so you can try to type directly in the box (if you haven’t tried it already).

There is a bug with the gig descriptions, yes.

Copy/paste doesn’t seem to be a good option, so you can try to type directly in the box (if you haven’t tried it already).

I did of course did that, since I wanted to establish the viability of my gig by my own hands, the error is… I’m not an IT expert, it’s in the box (and I’ve sent the screenshot to CS) it counts the characters correctly, but when it comes to saving, it said it wasn’t even 120 characters (it was 1032).

I did of course did that, since I wanted to establish the viability of my gig by my own hands, the error is… I’m not an IT expert, it’s in the box (and I’ve sent the screenshot to CS) it counts the characters correctly, but when it comes to saving, it said it wasn’t even 120 characters (it was 1032).

Solved, there was an issue with formatting. Now if I could only figure out to not get flagged, it’d be peachy 😉

Archived