Left College For Fiverr ! [ SHARE YOUR STORY ]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

College can slow you down, im TRS on fiverr own small mining farm and i work really hard for example BUT i have finish Graphic Design On UPS in Bosnia (4 years study).

You can decide between money and knowlage,

Or you can have both, by getting an education that provides knowledge and a professional degree… which, in turn, helps you get hired by higher-paying jobs. In today’s modern day and age, this doesn’t have to be an either/or scenario.

Or you can have both, by getting an education that provides knowledge and a professional degree… which, in turn, helps you get hired by higher-paying jobs. In today’s modern day and age, this doesn’t have to be an either/or scenario.

I decide for both 🙂

I never went to college 😮

I do regret it and it has slowed me down. Early in my career, I needed to do 3 times the work and constantly be the highest achiever to be taken seriously. Without a college degree, you will be skipped over for management positions by those less experienced people who have one. Even if they are useless in what they do. It’s just the way it is.

Many doors that would have been opened to me by having a degree were closed and things took a lot more time and effort because of this. People always give the examples of rich CEOs who never went to college - the world is very different now to when those guys were starting out. Those CEOs would not even get an interview with the big companies they own. They would not be allowed in the door.

I believe I have done relatively well without college education but I also believe I am around 10 years behind where I would be if I had it. The choice is yours of course, but while you might have more money than your friends for the next year or two, they will probably pass you out soon after that.

Yet another reason to respect you more than I already do. Hey, at least you’ll have the best pups.

Kids. always go to college - if you can afford it.

Guest offlinehelpers

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If you’d like to promote your services, you can do it in the ‘My Fiverr Gigs’ section! 🙂

I will not let opinion of others will decide my future 🙂

Of course! It’s your life. All we caution is: You are intentionally making it needlessly difficult. 🙂

I am taking this decision after knowing all the consequences and benifits

When you dont have anything to fall on or any backup then only you work day night to get succeed

You must be hungry !

I will not let opinion of others will decide my future

You are right! It’s your future and you will decide about it.

But here everyone’s opinion will help others to go the right way who can understand and decide wisely about their future.

Good luck! 🔆

Of course not, only you decide.

However, taking the opinion of others who have done the same thing as you and understanding the reasons why they are of that opinion is the smartest way to make a decision. You could of course do well on Fiverr, make lots of money etc, but it is a risk that leaves you with no plan B if something should happen to stop you doing it. Having a college education will give you a strong backup plan and a much better chance of bouncing back whenever there are setbacks - and there will be setbacks, there always are.

I think enough people have replied, but here’s mine.

It’s great that you are making money and being successful,and true, a college
education/degree often times means nothing in some cases.
Having that said, once you saved up enough, I suggest you go back to college later on.
Like everyone said, have a plan B ready just in case.

I am sure you really thought about this, but from what I am reading here,
a LOT of people are suggesting you to have a backup.
That is saying something.

Being in college is not all about knowledge; they also teach how to think and approach new ideas.
Some years in college is just like taking a step back so you can take a big jump forward.
There are some people who dropped college and became billionaires; however they have brains big enough to enter Harvard before leaving for their careers.
Even Bill Gates recommended to get a degree.
Perhaps you would love to read this post: https://www.gatesnotes.com/Education/11-Million-College-Grads

Good to hear that now you’re successfully but remember that nothing can take place of Education. If you would be having Education, your mind would be opened for new ideas, strategies.

And I also strongly agree with @offlinehelpers

If you’ve got something else to fall back on in addition to Fiverr, then fair enough.

You’re relying on a third party website which could disappear at any point (not saying it will, but FriendsReunited, MySpace etc.

Good Luck Bro.

I hope get more and more orders.

I am Happy that you get succeed on Fiverr,

but please don’t give up your college!! you can always get money at any age, but to study at a younger age, are easier than when you’re older,

or better do both, study and freelance!

whatever your decision, Hope you not regret it someday, Goodluck !

I am Happy that you get succeed on Fiverr,

but please don’t give up your college!! you can always get money at any age, but to study at a younger age, are easier than when you’re older,

or better do both, study and freelance!

whatever your decision, Hope you not regret it someday, Goodluck !

dont compare education with college

people think that we can only get education in college if we dont go to college we we leave the education

i started studing businesses daily by reading books watching videos on youtube videos learning learning and learning

Hello shubhamdahale,

In America and Europe, this decision would be riskier than in other countries in the world. Depending on where you live, with Fiverr, you can earn an annual income per month if you are professional.

This can open up further opportunities for further education, and possibly also support the education of one’s children.

Another point is the personal attitude to work. Some people are just not made to work from 9 to 7 o’clock.

I like it when people bravely follow their goals, even if I would not be willing to bear these risks.

It has often been said here that one should create several freelance incomes in addition to Fiverr. I agree with that.

I have some acquaintances in the Asian area, who achieve excellent income without education (or college / university). They all have a talent for what they do, and all of them love what they do. Something like that would not be possible in the West.

Good luck with your business, and keep on looking for more revenue streams outside of Fiverr 🙂

Greetings
Tom

Congratulations!

However, don’t think about now, think about 10 years from now. I have a BSc and MSc and loads of professional certifications. I have only used those certifications once, to get a good job and I worked there for 3 years but I wasn’t happy, I was hungry for more. I left that job (IT security) to do what I am doing today (Explainer Videos) - something entirely unrelated.

But I have to tell you something, everything I learnt is in one way or the other helping me. In fact, I feel as if everything got me ready for this moment.

I am also planning on going for some E-Business courses (Masters) this year.

Don’t ignore what everyone is saying, trust me (Well you don’t have to). You can succeed without going to college, but I assure you, you will wish you did.

(I wrote this yesterday, but I was a little hesitant to post because I felt I was giving out a lot of info about me, but I did anyway, I hope it helps you)

i dont agree that you should only save money for retirement

i have goals in my life that i have set for myself

i will never work for retirement

and college is not only place you’ll get knowledge

I did not mean just retirement. Save for what you want. Just wish I would have saved from all the jobs I worked in high school and college. That money sitting in a CD or Money Market account can grow so much, and it can be for any goal.

College is not the only place you get knowledge. It is a place where you learn many other things that prepare you for the world of work, even as a freelancer.

At the end of the day, it is your decision. My personal experience here and in life is college matters. It helps you grow as a person and learn important skills. Saving for a rainy day is huge. Having the money there for emergencies is a peace of mind you can not imagine.

No one here is saying do not go for your goals. They are saying school is going to fast track your goals.

Hello shubhamdahale,

In America and Europe, this decision would be riskier than in other countries in the world. Depending on where you live, with Fiverr, you can earn an annual income per month if you are professional.

This can open up further opportunities for further education, and possibly also support the education of one’s children.

Another point is the personal attitude to work. Some people are just not made to work from 9 to 7 o’clock.

I like it when people bravely follow their goals, even if I would not be willing to bear these risks.

It has often been said here that one should create several freelance incomes in addition to Fiverr. I agree with that.

I have some acquaintances in the Asian area, who achieve excellent income without education (or college / university). They all have a talent for what they do, and all of them love what they do. Something like that would not be possible in the West.

Good luck with your business, and keep on looking for more revenue streams outside of Fiverr 🙂

Greetings

Tom

Thank you for your support now i am also starting my own business 🙂

• 5 months later...

Congratulations!

However, don’t think about now, think about 10 years from now. I have a BSc and MSc and loads of professional certifications. I have only used those certifications once, to get a good job and I worked there for 3 years but I wasn’t happy, I was hungry for more. I left that job (IT security) to do what I am doing today (Explainer Videos) - something entirely unrelated.

But I have to tell you something, everything I learnt is in one way or the other helping me. In fact, I feel as if everything got me ready for this moment.

Don’t ignore what everyone is saying, trust me (Well you don’t have to). You can succeed without going to college, but I assure you, you will wish you did.

(I wrote this yesterday, but I was a little hesitant to post because I felt I was giving out a lot of info about me, but I did anyway, I hope it helps you)

That’s inspiring. 😍

• 5 months later...

Go back to college, If you think Fiverr has you covered for the rest of your life you’re making a big mistake kid.

And better, diversify your income through other assets, like mutual funds and real estate. No offense to Fiverr but you need to be extremely vigilant to keep up with the increasing competition, especially when you are aging.

@shubhamdahale I like your approach. Learn practice, learn more and practice more. Keep going.👍

Archived