Happy Woman's Day!

davidstudio

I feel a little offended about having a “women’s day”.

I don’t think it’s necessary to have this. Why should a gender have it’s own day?

Are we supposed to be celebrating what we are like it’s something special?

The whole thing rubs me the wrong way.

It’s been around for years - I think it’s being made more of this year after what’s happened in Hollywood etc. - that’s the impression I’m getting over here anyway. ☀️

Added - it’s also National Oregon Day,

National Peanut Cluster Day and

National Proofreading day! ☀️

We couldn’t even have an equal rights amendment, but we have a women’s day? The whole thing seems farcical to me.

Now National Oregon Day is a great thing. I feel it’s probably the best run state in the country, especially the zoning laws.

Oregon is the only state in the union that turned down a huge handout from the federal government to construct a massive highway system. As a result, cities and towns are livable areas all with bike paths and bike lanes, farms and green spaces everywhere along with parks, walking trails, sidewalks and human friendly building sizes. Walking and biking are state hobbies due to the places everywhere that encourage these.

It’s been around for years - I think it’s being made more of this year after what’s happened in Hollywood etc. - that’s the impression I’m getting over here anyway. ☀️

I think it’s being made more of this year after what’s happened in Hollywood etc. - that’s the impression I’m getting over here anyway. ☀️

It’s a shame that certain men can’t keep their hands to themselves. The Hollywood thing definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, this nasty habit has been going on for years. Just because a “few” got caught with their hands in the 🍪 jar now it’s getting the attention. I can tell you after attending casting calls and stuff… I experienced funny habits and inappropriate propositions.

POWERFUL men (not all) use and abuse their power on a daily basis. I’ve had these type of men approach me more than once.

We couldn’t even have an equal rights amendment, but we have a women’s day? The whole thing seems farcical to me.

Now National Oregon Day is a great thing. I feel it’s probably the best run state in the country, especially the zoning laws.

Oregon is the only state in the union that turned down a huge handout from the federal government to construct a massive highway system. As a result, cities and towns are livable areas all with bike paths and bike lanes, farms and green spaces everywhere along with parks, walking trails, sidewalks and human friendly building sizes. Walking and biking are state hobbies due to the places everywhere that encourage these.

It’s International Women’s Day - for the whole world - I don’t know what an amendment would mean - sorry! 🙂

PS - thanks to @davidstudio - it was lovely of you to mention it! 💜

Again -

I feel it’s probably the best run state in the country, especially the zoning laws.

No idea what you’re talking about! ☀️

Ooh, and in 7 days it’ll be the monthly, “Jon Baas Day”! 😃

Today is JonBaas Day! Let us pause a moment, and celebrate this joyous occasion! In response to the growing frustrations that come with being a seller here on Fiverr, and with a desire to add something new and unexpected to the forum culture, I, with the powers vested in me as one of the forum’s most active users, hereby declare the 15th day of every month, “JonBaas Day”. It shall become the first proclaimed, recurring, unofficial Fiverr holiday, celebrated both here on the forum, as well as th…

Today is JonBaas Day! Let us pause a moment, and celebrate this joyous occasion! In response to the growing frustrations that come with being a seller here on Fiverr, and with a desire to add something new and unexpected to the forum culture, I, with the powers vested in me as one of the forum’s most active users, hereby declare the 15th day of every month, “JonBaas Day”. It shall become the first proclaimed, recurring, unofficial Fiverr holiday, celebrated both here on the forum, as well as th…

LOL, thanks for the reminder. 😎

Now you know the haters are like :roll_eyes:.

hehe

Did we celebrate last month? :thinking:

hehe

You’re welcome. :wink:😎

Their emotions are valid… though not likely to be recognized.

I don’t believe we did. But it was a busy month for most of us. :thinking:

Ooh, and in 7 days it’ll be the monthly, “Jon Baas Day”

Thanks for the reminder. I need to order the cake! 🍰

Archived