What My CA Told Me - ON GST [For Indians Only]

writer99025

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sir. I am Indian Fiverr freelancer. Suppose my total yearly earning from Fiverr is 18 lakh then we don’t need for GST? How we can pay tax, how much income should be mendatory for income tax as a freelancer… as a freelancer how much money we can make from Fiver? Please advise… Thanks

• Like 3

Hi sir. I am Indian Fiverr freelancer. Suppose my total yearly earning from Fiverr is 18 lakh then we don’t need for GST? How we can pay tax, how much income should be mendatory for income tax as a freelancer… as a freelancer how much money we can make from Fiver? Please advise… Thanks

Arrey bhai, if you are earning 18 lakhs per year, you can surely afford to hire a CA for advice? Why ask such an important question on an online forum? Hiring a CA will cost you Rs. 2000 to 3000 at the most. And no GST for under 20 lakhs.

• Like 4

Thanks for answering Bhai… nai nai ek estimate le Raha hun future ke liye… Matlab we just need to pay income tax on March right? Can we generate invoice on each gig… And final year Mai jab tax bharna hota Hai to Kya hame btana hota Hai hamari income Fiverr se Hai. Coz yaha to direct bank deposit hota Hai payoneer ke through…

• Like 2

Thanks for answering Bhai… nai nai ek estimate le Raha hun future ke liye… Matlab we just need to pay income tax on March right? Can we generate invoice on each gig… And final year Mai jab tax bharna hota Hai to Kya hame btana hota Hai hamari income Fiverr se Hai. Coz yaha to direct bank deposit hota Hai payoneer ke through…

You don’t have to mention Fiverr…just count how much money you have made and pay tax on that, simple. March 15th is the last date for paying advance tax. You can pay tax till July 31st as well. July 31st is the last date for filing tax returns.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

In any circumstances, when the order is get cancelled the money will be refunded to the account, but the Gst amount which was deducted when the payment was made is not refunded. I would like to know the reason behind it, since there has not been any progress done, then why should I pay Gst for Fiverr?

• Like 3

Guest offlinehelpers

I have no idea what GST is I’m afraid. :frowning_face:

For any money related queries, please ask CS>

GST is also a tax in Australia that has recently been added to fiverr’s fees.

@m_ren10 if the funds have been returned to your fiverr account, the reason the GST (and the service fee) have not been refunded, is that they only get charged once, and when you place a new order with the funds in your account, you will not be charged GST or a fiverr fee on that order.

If you are unsure or want further details, as @offlinehelpers has mentioned, customer service are the best ones to help 😄

• Like 3

GST is also a tax in Australia that has recently been added to fiverr’s fees.

@m_ren10 if the funds have been returned to your fiverr account, the reason the GST (and the service fee) have not been refunded, is that they only get charged once, and when you place a new order with the funds in your account, you will not be charged GST or a fiverr fee on that order.

If you are unsure or want further details, as @offlinehelpers has mentioned, customer service are the best ones to help 😄

thanks sue, for the clarification

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Virendra, Yes you will have to pay the income tax based on the total amount credited to your bank account NOT fiverr account. There are lot’s of compensations as well, you will have to consult a good CA with knowledge of foreign invoicing. Additionally I think you should now register for GST.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Do a forum search for India Taxes and you will find literally 100’s of topics discussing this already.

It has been going on for close to 2 months I think now.

GG

Yeah but no one discussed that both TDS & TCS are being charged after indian GST number is updated,100% people just discussed about selecting particular option in billing section but i think rarely anyone updated GST number in india being a freelancer here.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...