My another silly gig, please =)

patrikseastar

Hmm. @patrikseastar , your linked gig concerns me. You are not the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. You do not have the authority to give anyone an Oscar. And the Academy might find it to be a legal violation for you to be profiting off of their brand.

You might want to reconsider your gig. It walks a fine line between not-so-cool, and downright illegal.

Not to mention the fact that you are also illegally using the images of real life Hollywood celebrities to make money – without their permission.

Hmm. @patrikseastar , your linked gig concerns me. You are not the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. You do not have the authority to give anyone an Oscar. And the Academy might find it to be a legal violation for you to be profiting off of their brand.

You might want to reconsider your gig. It walks a fine line between not-so-cool, and downright illegal.

Not to mention the fact that you are also illegally using the images of real life Hollywood celebrities to make money – without their permission.

But about other similar gig, some say

"I think you can. Ive seen gigs like that. I think you can also because its a parody, and parodies are excepted of copyright law."

Here parody too, i guess.

And i know about “not-so-cool” coz i named theme “silly gig” and said in description about “stupiud”, its dont matter, i already know it, i just ask check grammatical errors

So, the scope of this gig is you’re replacing Actors & Actresses heads with the buyer’s head? In other words, you’re using the bodies of the celebrities. :thinking:

You’re skating ⛸️ on a thin ice with this one.

I think they dont care, coz it is not in an offensive way, but rather as a parody or as something pleasant (a gift for someone)

But about other similar gig, some say

"I think you can. Ive seen gigs like that. I think you can also because its a parody, and parodies are excepted of copyright law."

Here parody too, i guess.

And i know about “not-so-cool” coz i named theme “silly gig” and said in description about “stupiud”, its dont matter, i already know it, i just ask check grammatical errors

and parodies are excepted of copyright law.

Using the images of celebrities to sell your services is not. There are no excuses that you can make that will instantly make questionable and illegal services suitable and okay.

i just ask check grammatical errors

There are many. Perhaps it might be helpful for you to hire an editor to correct those many grammatical errors. English is clearly not your first language.

and parodies are excepted of copyright law.

Using the images of celebrities to sell your services is not. There are no excuses that you can make that will instantly make questionable and illegal services suitable and okay.

i just ask check grammatical errors

There are many. Perhaps it might be helpful for you to hire an editor to correct those many grammatical errors. English is clearly not your first language.

A lot of shops what sell watch use photo of actors to advertise watches, placing them on the wrist, also many people use actors photo as a picture on the mug, so my attempt to use only 10 percent of the actor is a trifle (because photo shows only the hand, and the suit - is the property of other person/company)

Here on Fiverr also have Gig where autor uses body of generals and queens for make portait with head of buyer. Someone care? No

Photo is freely available, and while it is not used in an offensive way - it does not matter, no one cares.

Many celebrities have photos out there that are free to use commercially.

Many errors in small text? Okay, thanks, i try to correct that

A lot of shops what sell watch use photo of actors to advertise watches, placing them on the wrist, also many people use actors photo as a picture on the mug, so my attempt to use only 10 percent of the actor is a trifle (because photo shows only the hand, and the suit - is the property of other person/company)

Here on Fiverr also have Gig where autor uses body of generals and queens for make portait with head of buyer. Someone care? No

Photo is freely available, and while it is not used in an offensive way - it does not matter, no one cares.

A lot of shops what sell watch use photo of actors to advertise watches, placing them on the wrist, also many people use actors photo as a picture on the mug

Sure, and those that are doing so legally, have a licensing contract with that actor allowing them use their image to sell products – in exchange for being paid. Everyone else is using their image illegally.

Come on, man. You clearly don’t understand copyright, licensing, or even parody law. What you’re doing is 100% illegal. You cannot use the images of celebrities to sell YOUR products, unless you have their permission to do so. You don’t. So you’re on the wrong side of the law.

Let’s hope no one reports your gigs for legal infractions that you are clearly pursuing.

Someone care? No

Everyone cares. It’s called the law. You’re breaking it.

And just because other people are breaking the law and haven’t been caught yet, does not make it right either. If someone told you that it was cool to jump off of a cliff without a parachute, would you do that too?

Oh, no, no, no… those images are under copyright, buddy. You cannot just claim stuff on the internet – just because it’s online – and use it to make money. That’s called a copyright volation, and yes, that is 100% against the law. I don’t think Nicolas Cage gave you permission to use his image to sell Photoshop services that “turn people into fruit”. And I KNOW the photographers that own the rights to most of those images didn’t give you permission either.

Wow. The audacity of some sellers.

(JON EDIT: I’ll be nice. I removed “crappy” as a descriptor of said gig. Said word, though arguably accurate to the illegal gig, was not necessary to my reply, and has been stricken from my comment.)

@eoinfinnegan or @fonthaunt , would either of you like to help clarify things for Mr. Patrik. I really hate to see newbie sellers blatantly breaking the law, and telling other people here on the forums that it’s okay to do – “because everyone else is doing it”.

A lot of shops what sell watch use photo of actors to advertise watches, placing them on the wrist, also many people use actors photo as a picture on the mug

Sure, and those that are doing so legally, have a licensing contract with that actor allowing them use their image to sell products – in exchange for being paid. Everyone else is using their image illegally.

Come on, man. You clearly don’t understand copyright, licensing, or even parody law. What you’re doing is 100% illegal. You cannot use the images of celebrities to sell YOUR products, unless you have their permission to do so. You don’t. So you’re on the wrong side of the law.

Let’s hope no one reports your gigs for legal infractions that you are clearly pursuing.

Someone care? No

And just because other people are breaking the law and haven’t been caught yet, does not make it right either. If someone told you that it was cool to jump off of a cliff without a parachute, would you do that too?

Oh, no, no, no… those images are under copyright, buddy. You cannot just claim stuff on the internet – just because it’s online – and use it to make money. That’s called a copyright volation, and yes, that is 100% against the law. I don’t think Nicolas Cage gave you permission to use his image to sell Photoshop services that “turn people into fruit”. And I KNOW the photographers that own the rights to most of those images didn’t give you permission either.

(JON EDIT: I’ll be nice. I removed “crappy” as a descriptor of said gig. Said word, though arguably accurate to the illegal gig, was not necessary to my reply, and has been stricken from my comment.)

@eoinfinnegan or @fonthaunt , would either of you like to help clarify things for Mr. Patrik. I really hate to see newbie sellers blatantly breaking the law, and telling other people here on the forums that it’s okay to do – “because everyone else is doing it”.

Dont need to be rude and call my gig “crappy”

The chance that this gig will be removed due to a complaint from a celebrity manager for using 10-20 percent of a celebrity body part is equal to only 0.00000001%

And I will not be sorry if it suddenly happens, because as I already mentioned - it’s a stupid gig, just for the effect “maybe”

Dont need to be rude and call my gig “crappy”

The chance that this gig will be removed due to a complaint from a celebrity manager for using 10-20 percent of a celebrity body part is equal to only 0.00000001%

And I will not be sorry if it suddenly happens, because as I already mentioned - it’s a stupid gig, just for the effect “maybe”

Alright. I cautioned you not to do this… yet you persist. I wash my hands of your law-breaking attitude. There are consequences to foolish and inappropriate choices. Those are on your head, not mine.

Someone care? No

Also, i take photos from free stock.

So, 90% peoples use free stocks and photos of ordinary peoples for portfolio banners and gig covers. I make the same, but used celebrity instead ordinary people photo.

UPD: Look at any cover of any seller, what chance is that photo is the property of the seller?

No one make for gig cover of OWN photos, all are taken from the Internet and manipulated for “banner looks like style”. The difference is only in the “status” , you are too much peering into the status - “the celebrity”.

Someone care? No

I would actually suggest that @patrikseastar just create a Support ticket here and send a link to the gig to Fiverr support. I think most celebrity photos are probably copyright protected and I’m pretty sure there are legalities about using oscar images as well. It might take someone who specializes in entertainment or advertising law to decide the parody issue.

Instead, if @patrikseastar sends the link to Support and asks them if they see any problems, he will likely get something better than just the legal response. Fiverr staff can tell him that the gig is fine to sell on Fiverr for now, or they can tell him it is not. I do agree that the gig is risky.

So, 90% peoples use free stocks and photos of ordinary peoples for portfolio banners and gig covers. I make the same, but used celebrity instead ordinary people photo.

UPD: Look at any cover of any seller, what chance is that photo is the property of the seller?

No one make for gig cover of OWN photos, all are taken from the Internet and manipulated for “banner looks like style”. The difference is only in the “status” , you are too much peering into the status - “the celebrity”.

Look at any cover of any seller, what chance is that photo is the property of the seller?

All of my gig images were created by me personally and most use digital art or photography created by me or family members. My profile photo is really me. I think that is true for most highly successful sellers on Fiverr. There are tons of sellers with fake stuff on their profiles, that is true, but they won’t last forever and they’ll never be eligible for the higher honors on Fiverr. (Some may also end up with a lawsuit depending on their own location.)

I’ve spoken with you about your gigs before and I guess you ignored that too. For example, you claim that you use free stock photos, but the photo of Nicholas Cage is clearly not free stock. It has a specific copyright from 2014. 👎

I return to my original suggestion - talk to Customer Support. If you prefer not to, don’t and just wait for your gigs to disappear. Please stop asking for help with your gigs on the forum if you are going to ignore advice.

I can not speak to the TOS and if you are breaking it. I think it is a clever concept. Maybe turn it into a special award and gear it for people who may want to gift it to someone.

I imagine if he used ordinary real free stock photos for the “Before” faces and altered the oscar a bit, he’d be fine. Then it would likely be the parody he is talking about. I liked his apple face gig too, I just don’t want him to get some reviews and then lose the gig.

@patrikseastar - most of the responses are not about your idea, just about the legal issues. I told you in another thread that I liked one of your gigs. Just make sure all your stuff really is copyright free.

I think the one person that dissed your gigs with a specific word came back and edited that word out.

How could you say that no one use their original photo photo to make gig cover? I think that almost seller use their own photo to make covers

• 4 months later...

A lot of shops what sell watch use photo of actors to advertise men’s and women’s watches, placing them on the wrist, also many people use actors photo as a picture on the mug, so my attempt to use only 10 percent of the actor is a trifle (because photo shows only the hand, and the suit - is the property of other person/company)

There is a difference, these huge companies use their face after signing a contract which allows them to do so. In turn, the actors also get paid. Besides watches are just a small part of a list of things actors endorse and once the actor has signed a contract with the watch company or brand, the watch brand is fully authorized to manipulate the image, placing whichever model of watch they bring out, so that they can keep changing their advertisements to suit the most recent watch they release.

Archived