Delivering a Dropbox link?

davidstudio

Hi guys, I’m not sure if I’m violating any Fiverr ToS by doing this so I want to check with you.

When I have a big file or more small files and I need to deliver them to a buyer, I use Dropbox or Google Drive and copy the Shared link for the folder and attach it to the delivery. I’m not attaching any file via Fiverr when I deliver, just the link with a message to the buyer that all the done file are there.

Now, I read somewhere that when buyer deliver the order and don’t attach any file to it, they are violating Fiverr ToS.

Am I doing it with this method ? 😶

If it is a matter of too many files, I will generally ZIP them and send the ZIP file through the fiverr delivery system. If too big, I use We Transfer as it is an allowed option.

Thanks for replying 🙂

Okay, so Dropbox or Google Drive aren’t allowed for use on Fiverr ?

Also do you just attache the link and no files or ?

Thanks for replying 🙂

Okay, so Dropbox or Google Drive aren’t allowed for use on Fiverr ?

I just post a message including the link. I note the reason for the link is that the delivery is over the size limit.

If it is a matter of too many files, I will generally ZIP them and send the ZIP file through the fiverr delivery system. If too big, I use We Transfer as it is an allowed option.

I tried that and got 1 star review because buyer don’t understand how to unzip and he thought I just delivered 1 file and gave me 1 star.

I tried that and got 1 star review because buyer don’t understand how to unzip and he thought I just delivered 1 file and gave me 1 star.

Nothing is idiot proof. Sorry that happened.

Yeah, that sux b.a.n.a.n.a.s 🍌

Most buyers are skeptical when it comes to zip files. Or they have problems with unzipping the zipped files. 🤐 If the file is too large for Fiverr to handle (dropbox it is) makes life easier, than trying to explain how to unzip.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So is dropbox link ok or not now?

Somewhere I have read it is not, other places it is fine…

So many buyers use dropbox even without asking, and I used it as well, did not have any problems so far, but decided to ask for peace of mind

I’m a buyer and would prefer Dropbox over we-transfer. We use Dropbox to manage all image libraries. It would cut out a step for us.

Archived