Question about search

zeus777

First of all I’m sorry if this in the wrong category, but here it goes.

So just yesterday I created a new gig. In case you are wondering what it is, it’s a
proofreading/editing gig for Japanese translations in case people are worried whether the
translation they have received are decent or not.

Anyway, I am completely aware that when you first create a gig, it will not appear on
search for a while. Surprisingly this morning when I checked my new gig was already there, so that’s good.
Problem was, my other translation gig ( and best selling too) has disappeared from search.
Is this normal? When you create a new gig, does every gig from your account disappear from search for a while?

I’m not that concerned for now, but I wanted to know if that’s normal, has it happened to other people, etc. :thinking:

I do not know the answer to your guestion. But I wanted to say hello.

Why hello Vickie, that’s very sweet of you 🙂

I think I’ll wait for a day or two and see what happens, if it still doesn’t appear on

search I’ll try asking CS.

Tomorrow and the day after that is my day off anyway, I can just relax.

I’m going to my friend’s house on Thursday, and I’m bringing my special home smoked

bacon and smoked oysters marinated in olive oil and herbs. Goes very well with wine!! 🍷

Why hello Vickie, that’s very sweet of you 🙂

I think I’ll wait for a day or two and see what happens, if it still doesn’t appear on

search I’ll try asking CS.

Tomorrow and the day after that is my day off anyway, I can just relax.

I’m going to my friend’s house on Thursday, and I’m bringing my special home smoked

bacon and smoked oysters marinated in olive oil and herbs. Goes very well with wine!! 🍷

Yum! That sounds fun.

Do you have an answer for my “ I have a quandary post?”

According to CS when I asked them about this a few months ago:

If You have multiple Gigs and they are in the same category and then subcategory only one would come up in search results when that subcategory is searched.

So, if your new gig is in the translation subcategory, then that might have knocked out your best seller. But if the new gig is in the proofreading/editing subcategory, then it shouldn’t have any effect.

According to CS when I asked them about this a few months ago:

If You have multiple Gigs and they are in the same category and then subcategory only one would come up in search results when that subcategory is searched.

So, if your new gig is in the translation subcategory, then that might have knocked out your best seller. But if the new gig is in the proofreading/editing subcategory, then it shouldn’t have any effect.

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Hmmm, I checked both of my gigs and the original one is in translation/writing category, and translation subcategory.

The new one is in the translation/writing category but the proofreading/editing subcategory.

Not sure why it got knocked out of the search, I think I will contact CS.

Archived