Losing my fiverr virg*****

Welcome!

I’m not an expert on marketing, but I can offer some suggestions for your gig.

I’d recommend offering $5 basic gig packages when you’re starting out, just so potential future clients can try out your work in smaller samples before deciding to go ahead with big orders.

You spelled “grammatical” wrong in the first sentence of your gig description.

(This next section is more just speaking from my point of view, so ultimately whether you change this or not is up to you.)

I’m not quite sure that your example is necessary. Instead of improving clarity, it seems like you’ve just substituted relatively simple words for more complicated ones. That doesn’t necessarily prove that you’re a good editor, just that you can make things sound more flowery. While that kind of style is better for academic papers (which aren’t allowed on Fiverr anyways), in a lot of short stories I would actually recommend just going with the first sentence in your example because it says something in a straightforward and non-distracting way. And of course, that’s really the ultimate goal of editing, isn’t it? 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

Not commenting on your gigs, just the fact that you’re giving away far too much information in your profile. That combined with your username would make it very easy for anyone to track you down IRL etc. - strange people about, so please always be aware of your internet safety!

Also, nobody actually bothers about which school you go to anyway, so you could use the space for some other information! 🙂

Welcome!

I’m not an expert on marketing, but I can offer some suggestions for your gig.

I’d recommend offering $5 basic gig packages when you’re starting out, just so potential future clients can try out your work in smaller samples before deciding to go ahead with big orders.

You spelled “grammatical” wrong in the first sentence of your gig description.

(This next section is more just speaking from my point of view, so ultimately whether you change this or not is up to you.)

I’m not quite sure that your example is necessary. Instead of improving clarity, it seems like you’ve just substituted relatively simple words for more complicated ones. That doesn’t necessarily prove that you’re a good editor, just that you can make things sound more flowery. While that kind of style is better for academic papers (which aren’t allowed on Fiverr anyways), in a lot of short stories I would actually recommend just going with the first sentence in your example because it says something in a straightforward and non-distracting way. And of course, that’s really the ultimate goal of editing, isn’t it? 🙂

very true! As for the grammar thing… i don’t even know why that happened 😂

I’ve removed the example, and you’re right - I couldn’t think of a strong example of proofreading so… may as well leave it out! looks much better now, thankyou so much for your help

Not commenting on your gigs, just the fact that you’re giving away far too much information in your profile. That combined with your username would make it very easy for anyone to track you down IRL etc. - strange people about, so please always be aware of your internet safety!

Also, nobody actually bothers about which school you go to anyway, so you could use the space for some other information! 🙂

easy to forget not everyone has good intentions…

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived