[ Important ] Buyer still using my work after order cancellation!

i’ve added website files to server it when he started giving me reasons after i transfer all files to his server

i’ve added it when he started giving me reasons after i transfer all files to his server

i did after customer support cancel order and before he changed password

Sorry, which was it again?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i’ve added website files to server it when he started giving me reasons after i transfer all files to his server

When you said that you created a backdoor, @misscrystal asked you when you did that, you said:

i’ve added it when he started giving me reasons after i transfer all files to his server

Then I asked you when the backdoor was added as it seemed odd, and you said:

Same question, two different answers.

I know I might seem like I am being harsh here but from what I can tell, you seem to have created a site for a client and made a backdoor access for yourself. Having had issues with people doing this before, as well as having had friends and clients literally being held to ransom by people doing this, I have very little time for people who do the same thing.

There really is no excuse for it - I know the buyer has screwed you over or whatever but it doesnt mean you need to lose your ethics or professionalism too. Besides, from what you have said, it seems like you did it before the buyer screwed you over so I don’t know what to believe at this point.

So, you’ve decided to take the revenge route.

Do you disclose to your buyers that you can potentially add a backdoor?

I guess the answer is NO.

'Cause it’s a slim shady practice.

Besides, it’s hard for us to judge because we really don’t know what went down with you & the buyer. Remember there are 2 sometimes 3 sides to a story.

When you said that you created a backdoor, @misscrystal asked you when you did that, you said:

Then I asked you when the backdoor was added as it seemed odd, and you said:

Same question, two different answers.

I know I might seem like I am being harsh here but from what I can tell, you seem to have created a site for a client and made a backdoor access for yourself. Having had issues with people doing this before, as well as having had friends and clients literally being held to ransom by people doing this, I have very little time for people who do the same thing.

There really is no excuse for it - I know the buyer has screwed you over or whatever but it doesnt mean you need to lose your ethics or professionalism too. Besides, from what you have said, it seems like you did it before the buyer screwed you over so I don’t know what to believe at this point.

i correct the sentence now it was i added website files to server then after transferring file he giving me reasons

Besides, it’s hard for us to judge because we really don’t know what went down with you & the buyer. Remember there are 2 sometimes 3 sides to a story.

i dont add this to my every website i’ve added it after deleting my work after cancelling order ihave every right to delete my work

now you said right 👍

i correct the sentence now it was i added website files to server then after transferring file he giving me reasons

Yeah right. The yellowish text is what you said before you deleted it.

image.png.0cf7fd04218730c70e6ee0e4034e4a99.png

yes he changed the password but i’ve added backdoor before cancellation when i was working on website even if he change password or username nothing can stop me from accessing that website

i dont add this to my every website i’ve added it after deleting my work after cancelling order ihave every right to delete my work

Thank goodness for edits. 😃

Why are you backpedaling?

So, when you smell a cancellation you get the ball rollin’.

Why are you backpedaling?

So, when you smell a cancellation you get the ball rollin’.

I pay more attention to edits than anything else…

Not sure if it is because I am a proofreader or because I am nosy

Hmm, on the one hand if he got a full refund it does seem like he should not have the site.

On the other hand, it also seems like it would be scary not knowing if a site developer added a backdoor to a site that he could then use in an underhanded way for no other reason than to blackmail or otherwise threaten or harass someone.

So a site developer adding this to a site automatically when he builds one gives him power over the site owner forever.

This confuses me.

You are complaining that CS cancelled the order unjustly after delivery but yet you deliberately put in a “backdoor” and you say the reason you did that was because the buyer didnt pay.

So, either:

• you managed to put the backdoor in after the order was cancelled by CS meaning you still had access to it

or

• you put the backdoor in before the order was cancelled which is kinda shady at best.

Which is it?

I wonder if putting in a backdoor so you could access a site after an order is complete would be grounds for cancellation by CS…

So we come back to my question:

I wonder if putting in a backdoor so you could access a site after an order is complete would be grounds for cancellation by CS…

So we come back to my question:

That would be a good question. And if it’a an ecommerce site the threat and risk would be even greater.

Hmm, on the one hand if he got a full refund it does seem like he should not have the site.

On the other hand, it also seems like it would be scary not knowing if a site developer added a backdoor to a site that he could then use in an underhanded way for no other reason than to blackmail or otherwise threaten or harass someone.

So a site developer adding this to a site automatically when he builds one gives him power over the site owner forever.

I don’t know if it’s just moi. However, I feel like OP is NOT telling us the full story. :thinking:

Guest offlinehelpers

Well done to the OP - his whole story has put me off ever hiring anybody to do my websites. They might look like a 5 year-old did them, but at least I know it’s my own work, and nobody’s put in any little ‘surprises’ for me.

You brought your own spade to dig that hole I see.

You asked for help and you really haven’t done yourself any favours - how can you tell if a buyer is going to be ‘good’ or ‘bad’? I take it you put a ‘backdoor’ in regardless then?

My sentiments exactly. This is why I’m busting my 🍑 building my own website.

I want to be in control! Jill of all trades kinda gal! 😉

So guys can think whatever you want i am not here to prove my self right i just wanted to gave deveopers a tip to develop website on own domain first people just need topic to criticize on forum without knowing full story thank you for all your comments have a great day
Bye 🙂

I am reading between the lines now, but I am wondering if something on the site was changed after the buyer thought the site was finished, and that’s how he figured out there was a backdoor on the site the developer had used to change something, and that’s why the order was cancelled.

:thinking:

I just learned something important if I ever get around to having a site built.

A friend (I mean a real friend, not the friend people talk about when they have forgotten their phone number for verification) had a site built, working for a year and a half, was doing really well and suddenly he got an email saying he needed to transfer €5000 to a bank account or the site would be deleted, all clients contacted and their info taken. It was the original developer who saw how well the site was doing and decided it was time to cash in.

The guy began changing things on the site each day and sending clients messages saying that their details were hacked. The guy ended up shutting down the site and contacting his clients to tell them what happened. He had to start again from scratch.

So guys can think whatever you want i am not here to prove my self right i just wanted to gave deveopers a tip to develop website on own domain first people just need topic to criticize on forum without knowing full story thank you for all your comments have a great day

Bye 🙂

Really? 😯 That’s it? AMAZING!!!

byebyebye.gif.5d7ef46f5a93ccaf326ab02a5bb08c58.gif

Bye 🙂

The only story we know is the one you told us. Well actually, there are two different stories that you told so that is where the suspicion comes in. That is good advice though.

Archived