:+1: :-1: 🎉 💣 POLL: When someone posts "I got my (fill in the number) order" to start a thread, how do you feel about it?

misscrystal

poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I like it and want others to keep posting whenever they get a few sales so I can congratulate them
    • I don’t care if they do or not
    • I feel like doing it myself to get attention and have people see my gigs
    • I think the person needs to celebrate the sale quietly in their own mind
    • I think it’s just a way to spam the forum

Since we are now seeing more and more sellers posting whenever they get a sale, I wanted to see how people feel about this. I consider it spam.

You can choose up to two choices.

• I like it and want others to keep posting whenever they get a few sales so I can congratulate them
  • I don’t care if they do or not
  • I feel like doing it myself to get attention and have people see my gigs
  • I think the person needs to celebrate the sale quietly in their own mind
  • I think it’s just a way to spam the forum

0voters

Maybe there should be a separate section so people can post when they make sales and others who are interested can congratulate them. That way the forum isn’t slowly being taken over with this type of spam.

I’m surprised that some want to continue to read more and more posts about how someone got X number of sales.

It is not a big deal to make sales! :roll_eyes:
That’s what the entire site is for! :roll_eyes:

I think it really depends.
I think I wrote this somewhere, but I don’t mind people telling their stories about their first order ALONG with a little extra something, like how they did it, what they did in order to get that first order, something informative and useful for other sellers.

if it’s just “I’m happy” it does get quite old after the 10th post and it starts feeling like spam.

Maybe there should be a separate section so people can post when they make sales and others who are interested can congratulate them. That way the forum isn’t slowly being taken over with this type of spam.

I’m surprised that some want to continue to read more and more posts about how someone got X number of sales.

It’s nice that the moderators respond quickly with a pinned thread. From now on all celebration should in that thread only.

Would you like to share your news about getting your first order, your second order, your first positive review, or anything similar? THAT’S GREAT!!! :mega: Shout it to everyone in THIS THREAD! Please respond in this thread with any announcements about orders or reviews. (If you start a new thread on this, it may be merged or removed.)

I know what you mean, now they have a DEDICATED place to make these announcements. :joy:

Now we can simply mute that thread. 🍹

I can’t vote on this because there isn’t an option for my opinion. I have no problem with people posing all about their sales and excitement but I think it should be confined to My Fiverr Gigs. It’s essentially a gig-related announcment. There is now a catch-all thread for those posts in MFG and new threads in MFG don’t bother me. I do think that these type of posts can be a form of spam in some cases, and they don’t really belong in other forum categories.

The first sale is the most exciting thing in any business. I don’t mind expressing or sharing this excitement. But flooding the forum with posts like “I got my 2nd order”, “I got my 3rd order”, “I got (number) reviews”, “I got (amount) tip”… this is too much.

The first sale is the most exciting thing in any business. I don’t mind expressing or sharing this excitement. But flooding the forum with posts like “I got my 2nd order”, “I got my 3rd order”, “I got (number) reviews”, “I got (amount) tip”… this is too much.

I agree - it is super exciting to reach milestones, I’m sure I have shared some of my own along the way and enjoyed congratulating others, but I am glad there is now a specific place for these celebrations to go.

Archived