Has anyone had any sucess with Facebook Adverts?

filmbyte

Hi Guys,

So i was wondering has anyone had any success with Facebook Adverts, specifically promoting Fiverr gigs?

Most importantly running profitable adverts. I would love to hear from anyone who has made this possible.

Thanks
Filmbyte

While I have never tried advertising on Facebook, it has been my understanding from talking to many people who have tried it that it does not work for small budgets, and by small I mean less than $10,000 approximately.

In addition, it is tricky to do it right and requires some expert knowledge of how ads on Facebook work, how to place them and where, and how frequently, and what kind to use.

So unless you have access to a real expert on Facebook advertising and a huge budget, I don’t recommend it.

If you do have these things it works wonderfully well, as I have seen fiverr successfully utilize Facebook ads over the years, with obvious surges in sales of my gigs when my ads have appeared there. Some clients stated they found me from fiverr ads on Facebook of my gigs. Other regular clients have seen ads for my gigs there also.

While I have never tried advertising on Facebook, it has been my understanding from talking to many people who have tried it that it does not work for small budgets, and by small I mean less than $10,000 approximately.

In addition, it is tricky to do it right and requires some expert knowledge of how ads on Facebook work, how to place them and where, and how frequently, and what kind to use.

So unless you have access to a real expert on Facebook advertising and a huge budget, I don’t recommend it.

If you do have these things it works wonderfully well, as I have seen fiverr successfully utilize Facebook ads over the years, with obvious surges in sales of my gigs when my ads have appeared there. Some clients stated they found me from fiverr ads on Facebook of my gigs. Other regular clients have seen ads for my gigs there also.

I have noticed this too which make me wonder that there must be a way to downsize the budget to something more manageable.

I would love to hear other users expierences and thoughts.

I did it for my previous gigs. Both Facebook & Adwords. Worked well. It of course depends on the type of GIG. However, with the new (ridiculous) rules on Fiverr now run ads for my own business to my website. It’s at the end not my task to get visibility. That’s why Fiverr takes 20%. If you decide to run ads, don’t do it with low prices gigs under $100 and monitor your ROI continuously.

I did it for my previous gigs. Both Facebook & Adwords. Worked well. It of course depends on the type of GIG. However, with the new (ridiculous) rules on Fiverr now run ads for my own business to my website. It’s at the end not my task to get visibility. That’s why Fiverr takes 20%. If you decide to run ads, don’t do it with low prices gigs under $100 and monitor your ROI continuously.

I would be interested to know what gigs you was promoting with facebook?

Guest offlinehelpers

Are FB ads PPC? …

Any ad which is paid for ‘by the click’ is described as PPC - Pay Per Click, so FB, Adwords etc. are all covered by the term PPC. 🙂

Any ad which is paid for ‘by the click’ is described as PPC - Pay Per Click, so FB, Adwords etc. are all covered by the term PPC. 🙂

That’s correct, i’m still looking to see if anyone has had any success for a relative small budget. comment below

That’s correct, i’m still looking to see if anyone has had any success for a relative small budget. comment below

Pay per click on a small budget is never a good idea, since that pay per click means that you can see your tiny budget disappear in a matter of days, without any type of profit at all.

Pay per click on a small budget is never a good idea, since that pay per click means that you can see your tiny budget disappear in a matter of days, without any type of profit at all.

So how do you advertise your store?

I have no experience of promoting my gigs on social media, therefore, I cannot offer tentative advice on that specific form of Facebook promotion.
However, I have worked with Facebook ads, for a couple of client websites. The principle of “You get what you pay for” works here but in a completely different way. The more time you spend on setting up the ads, conducting research and knowing your target audience, better the chances you have at getting a considerable amount of clicks.

Since Fiverr doesn’t allow us to install Facebook pixel, I don’t see how our ads will get optimized.
From what I know, the pixel is very important to track conversions which then FB uses to decide your CPC and CPM.

Hopefully jonbaas will come along and give some solid examples.

Solid examples of what? I am unable to provide a step-by-step manual for those who wish to use Facebook to promote their gigs. Every advertising campaign is different, as is every target market, and the content being promoted. The best way to see of Facebook ads work for a certain seller, is for that seller to run a few test campaigns. I cannot promise that Facebook ads will work for everyone. It really does come down to a variety of factors, none of which can be matched remotely. A Fiverr seller is just going to have to test it out, and see if it works for them.

What works for me, might not work for others. And what works for others, might not work for me. Facebook ads are a great, inexpensive way to set foot into the advertising world, but anyone pursuing it is going to have to take it seriously, be willing to experiment, and not expect millions of sales from their first few ads.

Solid examples of what? I am unable to provide a step-by-step manual for those who wish to use Facebook to promote their gigs. Every advertising campaign is different, as is every target market, and the content being promoted. The best way to see of Facebook ads work for a certain seller, is for that seller to run a few test campaigns. I cannot promise that Facebook ads will work for everyone. It really does come down to a variety of factors, none of which can be matched remotely. A Fiverr seller is just going to have to test it out, and see if it works for them.

What works for me, might not work for others. And what works for others, might not work for me. Facebook ads are a great, inexpensive way to set foot into the advertising world, but anyone pursuing it is going to have to take it seriously, be willing to experiment, and not expect millions of sales from their first few ads.

Do you think i could message you to discuss this? I have tested a fair bit already

Do you think i could message you to discuss this? I have tested a fair bit already

You are welcome to share what you have learned in a private message, but I still won’t be able to provide you with a step-by-step manual for Facebook ads. 🙂

You are welcome to share what you have learned in a private message, but I still won’t be able to provide you with a step-by-step manual for Facebook ads. 🙂

Archived