So this is kinda funny

newsmike

You posted the image of the exact thing which you were complaining about - the image you posted had hate speech in it.

My comment had no hate speech in it, and yet it was hidden. I didn’t even mention the moderators!

Who do you think enforces the rules you complained about in your hidden post?

@newsmike You posted the image of the exact thing which you were complaining about - the image you posted had hate speech in it.

I find it difficult to believe you thought it would be allowed so why you now think it was unfairly flagged is a completely a mystery.

If you disagree with Mod actions you are free to complain to CS who will direct it to forum staff (not mods). Should you do so, I suspect it will not go down well when what you posted is seen, considering it is completely against forum rules. Your post is still in a hidden part of the forum so if you like, I can just share it with staff and see if they agree with you.

You posted the image of the exact thing which you were complaining about - the image you posted had hate speech in it.

I suppose that I looked at it along the lines of retweeting something reprehensible to shame the original poster. Perhaps because there was a love fest going on for people who did such a terrible thing, I wanted to remind the posters as to who and what they were defending. I guess I should have just described what they did. Maybe I didn’t do it properly, but at least give me credit for the spirit of my post compared to the fan club that was forming for people who frankly don’t deserve one.

I suppose that I looked at it along the lines of retweeting something reprehensible to shame the original poster. Perhaps because there was a love fest going on for people who did such a terrible thing, I wanted to remind the posters as to who and what they were defending. I guess I should have just described what they did. Maybe I didn’t do it properly, but at least give me credit for the spirit of my post compared to the fan club that was forming for people who frankly don’t deserve one.

I understand the premise behind it and personally I would be more in line with your thinking on the matter but the forum has rules and Mods work on the basis of those not on our own personal thoughts or preferences.

But different people have different opinions and that’s fine too.

I understand the premise behind it and personally I would be more in line with your thinking on the matter but the forum has rules and Mods work on the basis of those not on our own personal thoughts or preferences.

But different people have different opinions and that’s fine too.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for seeing that side of it.

Archived