Does Anyone at Fiverr even listen to our problems?

sasquatchiscool

Staff has viewed the posts about recent changes and a staff member has commented. (Link below.) They are listening, yes, but that doesn’t mean they intend to go backwards on anything. They’ve made their decisions based on many different factors. Everything I have heard so far indicates that corporate is happy with the latest changes so far.

OK. A lot going on in this thread. Let me see if I can address some of the comments. It’s unfortunate that level corrections need to be made. If you’re habitually late on orders, that not only reflects poorly on you as a seller but the marketplace. If buyers have the impression that their orders will not be delivered on time, everyone suffers. There is a lot of great advice here about how to raise your “On-time Delivery” rate. If you’re promising 4 days, but consistently delivering in 5-6…

Staff has viewed the posts about recent changes and a staff member has commented. (Link below.) They are listening, yes, but that doesn’t mean they intend to go backwards on anything.

But in the post, the staff member hasn’t mentioned about cancellations at all. Are Fiverr staff looking at doing anything about cancellations affecting the level, especially cancellations that are mostly/entirely due to buyers rather than sellers?

Is this a strategy you used? I’ve had a few customers ask me to raise them. I thought it was strange but awfully sweet. I want business but I’m not up for slaving myself either.

It isn’t really. But is. But… Argghh it’s just a big mess.

Basically, if I could go back in time, I would price all my gigs at a base price of $20 - $25. As it is, I have many repeat buyers who order bulk work and raising prices scares them off. This is because they are resellers who have to change all their own pricing if I change mine, with the risk of losing their own customers in the process.

I have tried letting repeat buyers know in advance that I am upping prices and that they can contact me via a direct message for a custom quote. Sadly, even that scares them off.

At present, I try to avoid even $10 orders and $15 orders at all costs. If someone messages me wanting to discuss a small project, I just say I’m busy. If they order directly, I obviously have to do the work. As it stands, however, I seem to have nothing but problems with budget buyers and their orders usually take more time.

Yesterday, I spent the day making a promo video for a fish and chip shop where I live. It took me 7 hours to put everything together and have a product which the buyer loved straight away. At the same time, I had a $10 order on Fiverr, which the buyer asked for a revision on and which ended up dragging on until 4am.

My goal by July is to have a total of 10-15 orders per month, each priced at $150 - $200 and absolutely no small orders. If I look at the past year, every buyer who has ordered $100+ work has been happy first time. The lower the order amount, the more likely buyers are to eat up my time and not just leave poor feedback but launch into rages the minute I suggest that a revision will cost extra.

Anyway, yes, get rid of the $5 prices. Also, keep in mind going forward that if you end up with steady repeat buyers, this can lock you into a certain price structure. Most importantly of all, invest one day in some writing from a few of your peers on Fiverr.

Some other writers are excellent. 99%, however, cause Oxford English Dictionaries to spontaneously combust. The trick is to understand how awful your competition is, in order to boost your own seller confidence.

The trick is to understand how awful your competition is, in order to boost your own seller confidence.

Exactly right. I’ve been asking people who message me complaining about others in my category and it’s very enlightening. A skilled competent seller has very little equal competition.

Archived