Am I supposed to contact a seller before ordering their gig?

msonnier

Hello.

I am new to Fiverr, so I feel like it’s my first day of school and I’m a bit lost. I want to order a gig from an eBook cover designer, but when I clicked the “order now” button, it immediately redirected me to Paypal. Is that supposed to happen, or am I supposed to email the seller BEFORE I order her service?

If not, will I be able to contact her after I pay on PayPal? (Also, I currently have someone else managing my Paypal account because I’m financially and technologically deficient. Does this pose a problem in the purchasing of a gig?)

Thank you so much.

You can contact him if you have special requirement besides what is stated in the gig.

favicon.icoFiverr.com 93ed4201-6547-4aba-967b-b552cc1dfe50.png

snsharma's public profile on Fiverr

Writing, Editing, Reviewing & Publishing since 2003. We have been providing website creation, website customization, wordpress installation, book promotion, research publication, book publication and other services to authors like like content...

• 10 months later...

First time trying to use Fiverr so still in the dolt phase. Wonder if I’m doing it wrong - have sent three notes to a particular artist about what I’m looking for and as far as I know haven’t heard back. Will the reply show up in my inbox on this site? Was I supposed to just go ahead and order and send payment? Help, please.

Hi there. Well it’s always best to contact the seller first then having to cancel later. 🙂 From buyer perspective there is no hard, as cancellation means the money being returned to your fiverr account (not paypal) a 100% but it can cause the seller problems if the job description isn’t exactly her line of work and she ends up having to cancel. Happens to me a lot, that’s why I always have it written on my gigs to contact me first. As an acknowledgement I even give a free sample in return, but people still end up ordering directly and sometimes either I’m too occupied with work or its just not something that’s doable, makes me having to add up to my cancellation rate by requesting cancellation.

Archived