Fiverr Commision is 20%: What do you think?

epiphanyanimati

poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Fiverr should take more commission!
    • Fiverr should take less (10%)
    • Fiverr should take the same amount it takes
    • Fiverr should split up the fee between the buyer and the seller

I think charges should reduce as you go up. Imagine having to pay $200 on a $1000 order and that everytime, just for hosting, domain and brand. Well, am doing all the work so I don’t think Fiverr should be entitled to that much. Although it’s a general trend with freelancer websites to charge a percentage of commision. I think commission rates should be flexible, since sellers still have to pay other charges. However, Fiverr’s site, its rules.

I think charges should reduce as you go up. Imagine having to pay $200 on a $1000 order and that everytime, just for hosting, domain and brand.

If you do that then you force a larger share of the costs of running the site onto the sellers who tend to make smaller sales. It hardly seems fair to take $100 off someone who had made $500 over 100 orders, while taking only $50 from someone making a $500 sale.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I feel the 20% is fair.

Through Fiverr I have access to an international platform and within my first months received gigs from buyers in China, Australia, and the Middle East. I also have a few product packages headed my way from the USA. These are all connections that would not have been made without the platform.

Fiverr also allows me the simplicity to create a BUY NOW product on something which is often hard to quantify (videos).

I think the 20% is fine, because without Fiverr’s website and all the work they put into it it would be a lot harder to make any money doing what I’m doing! I can see why it’s kind of annoying that they also take 20% of tips, but when you realize that people could try to get around paying the commission by paying through tips it makes sense that Fiverr would take commission from both sales and tips. In the end I’m just glad Fiverr exists and the 20% seems totally fair for what they offer 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 20% is fine, because without Fiverr’s website and all the work they put into it it would be a lot harder to make any money doing what I’m doing! I can see why it’s kind of annoying that they also take 20% of tips, but when you realize that people could try to get around paying the commission by paying through tips it makes sense that Fiverr would take commission from both sales and tips. In the end I’m just glad Fiverr exists and the 20% seems totally fair for what they offer 🙂

I agree with you. Maybe I would decrease the time to release the money, from 14 days to 7 days for everyone.

Archived