New Seller - Gig improvements

lightworkerjay

Hello, I am a new seller here on Fiverr. I wandered if anyone could give tips on what is the best kind of video to add to a Gig? Would a more personal video of me talking be better than a created video without me in it? I understand the logic people buy from people, so I wandered if this might improve my gigs and conversions bu adding a more personal video

Many thanks

Hi Jamie,

Considering your service and the fact that you’re a native speaker, I think a personal video is better than a cheap whiteboard animation.

The slideshow video you have right now isn’t really engaging either I’m afraid 🙂
It won’t make you stand out because anyone can make a video like that.

Hi Jamie,

Considering your service and the fact that you’re a native speaker, I think a personal video is better than a cheap whiteboard animation.

The slideshow video you have right now isn’t really engaging either I’m afraid 🙂

It won’t make you stand out because anyone can make a video like that.

@uxreview Thank you for the input - Looks like I will be in front of the camera today, I quickly threw the videos together so I had a feeling they would not be as engaging as a more personal video from me. I am however rather camera shy, but I must overcome this and crack on with it 😂

@uxreview Thank you for the input - Looks like I will be in front of the camera today, I quickly threw the videos together so I had a feeling they would not be as engaging as a more personal video from me. I am however rather camera shy, but I must overcome this and crack on with it 😂

I am however rather camera shy

I have the same problem, but fortunately my service doesn’t require me to be in front of a camera. My clients care more about the designs. However, in your case I think they want to meet the person 🙂

Although, don’t make a low-quality living room video 😉

Find an appropriate background for your video and if you have any resources to hire a video editor to make the smooth transitions and clean up any possible sound issues then please do so.

I didn’t have much time to do a proper research, but take a look at his videos. He’s casually explaining his experience, showing pieces of his daily life and even though it looks professional, it doesn’t feel too scripted.

https://www.fiverr.com/jandrewnelson/provide-an-introductory-offer

image.jpg.46fb1381ba175925a030903ca61c5629.jpg

I have the same problem, but fortunately my service doesn’t require me to be in front of a camera. My clients care more about the designs. However, in your case I think they want to meet the person 🙂

Find an appropriate background for your video and if you have any resources to hire a video editor to make the smooth transitions and clean up any possible sound issues then please do so.

I didn’t have much time to do a proper research, but take a look at his videos. He’s casually explaining his experience, showing pieces of his daily life and even though it looks professional, it doesn’t feel too scripted.

😂 I may have to create a cheap video - I do not really have the resources at the moment to create anything spectacular.

I will have a play around and hope for the best, hopefully my nervous disposition will be enough to win them over :roll_eyes:

😂 I may have to create a cheap video - I do not really have the resources at the moment to create anything spectacular.

I will have a play around and hope for the best, hopefully my nervous disposition will be enough to win them over :roll_eyes:

hopefully my nervous disposition will be enough to win them over

This usually happens when you’re talking to the camera. It might help if you do it in an interview format like the video I shared. Put the camera (iPhone 😃 ) on a steady stand and simply talk to your wife / GF / friend.

Later you can cut it the way it makes sense.

Now those kind of videos I can only dream of right now - I will get there small stepping stones for a longer future mission 😀

Archived