Greetings, has anyone had problems completing an order?

danieloim

On 8/22/2018 at 10:32 AM, arafatjamil01 said:

I feel really sorry for you. I am also a seller, but think like this, if you were a client and were not satisfied with the work. What would you do.

I had clients who did not leave me reviews. Some of them asked for revisions after the order had been automatically completed after three days.

But I made revisions, cause client satisfaction means more clients

You’re absolutely right, I also think that customer satisfaction is paramount. I thought there was some way to protect the seller from fiverr, I do not express it as a complaint, but as something that I am barely discovering as an experience on the platform.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:34 AM, valeriomangano said:

Sometimes in business things like this happen, I can’t tell what to do, but I know that it will be happening somemore because not all people are serious1

Unfortunately it is haci, we still have to learn from experience, and take forecasts, in the face of future events.

I feel really sorry for you. I am also a seller, but think like this, if you were a client and were not satisfied with the work. What would you do.

I had clients who did not leave me reviews. Some of them asked for revisions after the order had been automatically completed after three days.

But I made revisions, cause client satisfaction means more clients

You’re absolutely right, I also think that customer satisfaction is paramount. I thought there was some way to protect the seller from fiverr, I do not express it as a complaint, but as something that I am barely discovering as an experience on the platform.

There is Support, but buyers are always prioritized

• 5 months later...

I have found that some buyers, make an excellent offer, work with benefits, too good … offer a high sum of money … long-term work.
but actually. just look for a sample, without any cost, and as many sellers attract, the majority ends up escaping without paying, or fulfilling the offered.

You’re right, it happens. I do not offer free samples. If someone has a large project and wants to get a feel for my work before committing to the whole project, they can look at my portfolio samples (work I’ve done for past clients) and order a small part of the project to start.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, adrover said:

You’re right, it happens. I do not offer free samples. If someone has a large project and wants to get a feel for my work before committing to the whole project, they can look at my portfolio samples (work I’ve done for past clients) and order a small part of the project to start.

You’re right … you have to put them in their place. so that they respect the time. and the money of others.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, catwriter said:

They’re only buyers if they actually buy from you.

It’s simple: don’t give free samples. If they want a sample, send them a custom offer for $5 or $10 or whatever you feel is appropriate.

Great … excellent idea …

• 1 year later...

After two weeks of work and by mutual agreement where the buyer was satisfied, he no longer wants to finalize the order, but still requested new designs and revisions. The payment was very small, nor did he give details of what he explicitly wanted and now he says he is not happy. Still, feeling aggrieved, I wanted to solve the problem and come to a better deal that would benefit both of them, but he refuses and wants to cancel. I don’t want to waste my work time.

After two weeks of work and by mutual agreement where the buyer was satisfied, he no longer wants to finalize the order, but still requested new designs and revisions. The payment was very small, nor did he give details of what he explicitly wanted and now he says he is not happy. Still, feeling aggrieved, I wanted to solve the problem and come to a better deal that would benefit both of them, but he refuses and wants to cancel. I don’t want to waste my work time.

The payment was very small

nor did he give details of what he explicitly wanted

Did you do what was agreed?

If so, you can refuse to cancel.

In future, don’t start working on jobs that have vague details. Either get more details or cancel them.

“It was so cheap” and “They gave no details” are two very common complaints from sellers but both are the fault of the seller.

Don’t set your prices lower than you want, don’t work on jobs that aren’t specific.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, mariayasir said:

Dont expect others to value your work when you yourself dont. If the budget was very small, which quite didn’t meet your pricing then why did you agree upon the deal? You agreed to waste your time. Know the worth of your skills.

Even so, that does not justify, that someone does not value your time. The main point is that anyone can get caught up in a project if the client decides to throw away their work.

Although the agreed price is very good. What would be the solution? in this case…?

I accept the job … but it does not depend on my ability to value myself, but on the appreciation of the client, knowing that there are those who are dedicated to this,

On 6/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, eoinfinnegan said:

Did you do what was agreed?

If so, you can refuse to cancel.

In future, don’t start working on jobs that have vague details. Either get more details or cancel them.

“It was so cheap” and “They gave no details” are two very common complaints from sellers but both are the fault of the seller.

Don’t set your prices lower than you want, don’t work on jobs that aren’t specific.

I appreciate your advice, I agree with you, but I was willing to comply, I’m not complaining about the fee. I’m complaining, because even though I more than fulfilled my part, the client refuses to complete, wants to cancel.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, coerdelion said:

To add to what @eoinfinnegan has said - I see you limit revisions (except on premium packages - limit them there, too!). You may point this out to your buyer and offer any further revisions for an additional fee.

Thanks for your opinion…

• 1 year later...

Oh heck yeah. I recently have been working with someone who does not speak my language, asks me to do something, and then talks down to me because I "am an idiot and did it wrong." When in reality, I did what was asked, but they were using the wrong words. Many eye rolls were had. I do not expect a tip on this order 😛

But maybe I will get one because not only did I do the job, I also deciphered the cryptic messages!

13 hours ago, precords1275 said:

Oh heck yeah. I recently have been working with someone who does not speak my language, asks me to do something, and then talks down to me because I "am an idiot and did it wrong." When in reality, I did what was asked, but they were using the wrong words. Many eye rolls were had. I do not expect a tip on this order 😛

But maybe I will get one because not only did I do the job, I also deciphered the cryptic messages!

When I first started I had the same issue. My American brain was interpreting what was said to me as the overseas buyer talking down to me or criticizing my work. I would get upset and push back and tell them I didn't need their $5 script written in broken English! I soon realized it is more language barrier than attitude because when I'd push back, they would usually apologize profusely and everything was usually better after that.

I do believe that no job is truly worth your mental health, but on the Fiverr platform I also believe you almost have to work for cheap and deal with the harder clients tom work for in the beginning until you gain that social proof in the form of good reviews. I actually had an issue just this week. I was doing a really cheap VO for a Buyer's Request and the buyer came back with all these revisions 9 days after the job had closed. I ended up recording the whole script 3 times. I worked harder for that $10 BR than I did for a national TV commercial! 

I guess I'm saying all this to say that were not curing cancer here, so it will be easier on your mental health if you just remember just that. You will have good jobs and not so good jobs, and your career on Fiverr isn't ruined if you get a cancelation or a not so good review. If you go into it with that mindset, maybe you it won't end up being so taxing to your mental health.

I have no other option. I must work. I've always worked from word of mouth, or from musicians I've met from around the world, but this pandemic has turned many of us musicians into paupers. Venues are still closed around me, and summer is supposed to be the time of year I can get back on track financially, but the businesses that aren't closed, or now out of business.... So I just tried this, but can't even get past my W-9 form. This site is too picky on file size (75 MB limit?), and I spent hours creating this page, and I'm still at the draft stage. I know my information is correct - I've used my Tax ID plenty of times elsewhere.

I can't imagine a job that's more stressful than this signing up process! But I understand. Sometimes, I'm ready to just delete this account, despite just signing up a couple of days ago.

Archived