Fiverr Algorithm changed

asadkhalid88

I noticed the things from last 30 days that fiverr has changed their Algorithm
you can check most of the TRS or level 2 sellers are on page 4 of each category while at first and 2nd page all are new sellers i dont know what is logic behind it in this case buyers will to hire new sellers and got worst experience as compared to if all top rated or level 2 are on first page buyer will prefer to hire them senior sellers and got best experience

In most of the categories I have looked at recently, there are all levels on the first several pages under “Recommended.” I have seen it before where TRS were emphasized or high prices were emphasized. Recently I’ve seen a broader view with level 0-TRS scattered, prices scattered, a few Pros mixed in and a few newbies mixed in.

The only thing that seems “heavier” to me is that 75% of the sellers I see on the first few pages do have some good reviews and tend to be profiles that have nice original images and coherent text. It’s actually an improvement to me, especially since the level evaluations have dropped many sellers by level but the solid ones are still showing up in search just fine. I’m not saying it’s perfect - is there a perfect? It just looks better than some months.

you can check most of the TRS or level 2 sellers are on page 4 of each category while at first and 2nd page all are new sellers i dont know what is logic behind it in this case buyers will to hire new sellers and got worst experience as compared to if all top rated or level 2 are on first page buyer will prefer to hire them senior sellers and got best experience

I am not sure I understand or agree with your logic.

Just because a seller is new means that they will be a bad seller or offer inferior services. Everyone should have the right to prove themselves.

Correct me if I am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

My gig was generating 160k monthly impression ( was making 100~140 sales) per month and it was ranking at the top row for “best selling” filter for “data entry” keyword.

After they made the changes recently, Now my gig shows somewhere at page 3~4 for the same search terms and filter with all other sellers who were appeared on the first page with me earlier.

Interestingly, when I search for “data entry” and filter best selling gig now…I can see most of the gig on page 1 never made a sale yet. It’s seems a real joke, You are saying “best selling” gig but showing the gig that never made a sale yet. In the other hand, you are forcefully pilling the “best selling” gig under the new sellers who never made a sale yet. Joke of the year. 🙂

From my experience with Fiverr, I know they can do anything and everything whatever they want. As a seller I have no right (I must say absolutely here). I even dont bother to open a ticket to ask them what is happening? Because I definitely know it will be another pre-made template answer and it will be complete waste of my time.

But Isn’t a unethical and stupid decision? I see it as a “decisive act” with the buyers who is looking for “best selling” gig and injustice with the best sellers who used to be ranked on the top.

There are different filters for everything a buyer needs and it’s not always necessary that new sellers will provide bad content. We need the equal opportunities and if every buyer thinks of experienced seller then new sellers will never get started.

I am not sure I understand or agree with your logic.

Just because a seller is new means that they will be a bad seller or offer inferior services. Everyone should have the right to prove themselves.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I am with you on this point !

My gig was generating 160k monthly impression ( was making 100~140 sales) per month and it was ranking at the top row for “best selling” filter for “data entry” keyword.

After they made the changes recently, Now my gig shows somewhere at page 3~4 for the same search terms and filter with all other sellers who were appeared on the first page with me earlier.

Interestingly, when I search for “data entry” and filter best selling gig now…I can see most of the gig on page 1 never made a sale yet. It’s seems a real joke, You are saying “best selling” gig but showing the gig that never made a sale yet. In the other hand, you are forcefully pilling the “best selling” gig under the new sellers who never made a sale yet. Joke of the year. 🙂

From my experience with Fiverr, I know they can do anything and everything whatever they want. As a seller I have no right (I must say absolutely here). I even dont bother to open a ticket to ask them what is happening? Because I definitely know it will be another pre-made template answer and it will be complete waste of my time.

But Isn’t a unethical and stupid decision? I see it as a “decisive act” with the buyers who is looking for “best selling” gig and injustice with the best sellers who used to be ranked on the top.

same here brother same happen to me i was also at first page first row and last year i make over 50000$ revenue paid to fiverr almost over 15000$ as 20% tax form but since 15 jan even i did not lose my level my gig is at page 4 and i did not get any new sale i am getting work from my old clients and all new sellers are on 1st page 1st row

what is doing fiverr they dont want to make more $$$ in 20% form i think fiverr should take notice

same here brother same happen to me i was also at first page first row and last year i make over 50000$ revenue paid to fiverr almost over 15000$ as 20% tax form but since 15 jan even i did not lose my level my gig is at page 4 and i did not get any new sale i am getting work from my old clients and all new sellers are on 1st page 1st row

what is doing fiverr they dont want to make more $$$ in 20% form i think fiverr should take notice

I am sure they are doing some experiment and they will get the return what they are doing. 🙂

Archived