The Single Most Important Reason We are Here Now

Guest piqers

“Daddy, why don’t you sell online?”, asked my 19 year old daughter who was proud to be attending the first year of her business school.

“Because we have so many customers in our offline network that we don’t have enough time. Plus that’s how things work in Italy, especially in Rome.”, I could hardly respond but that hit me a lot. Indeed, we could actually devote few hours a day for online business.

According to her, we should have at least given a try to “so cool daddy, so creative ideas, you should check Fiverr”. (excuse me, how do you spell that in Italian??).

All happened last week. We decided to dedicate some of our time to online business.

We quickly brought together a video that gives an idea of our agency culture and one of our strongest offers in the market. Nothing fancy with the video but the core idea is there. And we went online today.

Boom! We made our first sale within few hours and at the moment of typing we are preparing to deliver the 2nd one.

Anyways, let me keep it short.

My wife thinks I am crazy because we are wasting our time by charging only $5, while we often get paid almost 500times for a logo in our offline client network.

But here is the single most important reason we are here now --> It’s is the EXPERIENCE. We think Fiverr is not and shouldn’t be the place only for trying to make a fortune by adding up $5s. It’s also the opportunity of opening your business to the online world. Having new customer experiences. Serving clients from all over the world. Seeing different cultures. Remembering that it’s not the money but the customer that rules in the end. And mastering your art.

It’s the experience and it feels so good so far!

Sorry for my english if it’s not the best. But we wanted to share this first day with you and wanted to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to all of you! It’s great to be here and we are so looking forward to meeting all of you!

What about you? what is the single most important reason you are on fiverr?

By the way, in case you happen to come to Rome, please give us the pleasure to offer you the best coffee in town!

Hugs

PIQERS Team

Well, your wife is right because with the current exchange rate, it’s not even 5 but something around 3,7€ 😉

Jokes aside, absolutely agree with the experience! Especially for beginners, it’s a great opportunity to ‘just do it’. For me the single most important reason is to discover creative services, I just love to scroll down on fiverr.

By the way, nice to meet you, too!

Welcome piqers! love your vintage logos and I wish you all the success here on Fiverr. I have been a member for a little over 2 months now and as you said, its all about the experience but the dollars definitely don’t hurt.

All the best

Nic 😃

I am 12 days on fiverr as seller and it is really amazing 🙂 . I had 7 orders till now (all of them I found on buyer requests list). I delivered work as exepected and above, I enjoyed doing this and it definitely wasn`t all about $5 (My moto is just: the greater the challenge the more glory in overcoming it :)). Now I am still waiting for a moment when I will look on notification and it will say: You have new order :).

Best regards.

Since I found fiverr, I have been thinking and thinking, I enjoy this kind of free think feeling. Beacuse of only $5, I can practice every idea, even if a small but interesting idea. I believe most people would like to have a try if just need $5, I also believe that I am not just myself. 😉

Piqers, welcome to Fiverr. I’m still fairly new myself, but what you described is exactly what I love about Fiverr. Especially the fact that it’s so international - I love that I get to interact with all kinds of people from all over the world. So far I’ve had customers from the US, the UK, France, Germany, Turkey, Ukraine, Poland and China and Ithink that’s just awesome!

Fiverr also gives me the opportunity to do things I absolutely love doing and expand on talents that for the most part I don’t get to use in my day job - getting paid for that is just the icing on the cake.

Hi Piqers! First time on this forum…but just placed my 4th order with YOU!

Happy to do business with you and contribute in a small way to your daughter’s educational fund 🙂 It would also be a great way SHE could earn some spending money while in school. How better to LEARN business than to start small while she’s still in school. Best of luck and if I make it back to Rome, I will take you up on that coffee 🙂

Guest piqers

Such a great feeling to read all experiences! More than 2 weeks passed and we are simply loving it!!! Electra, you’ve played a great role in our Fiver progress, thank you once again, hope you are enjoying your designs! Ciaoo!!!

I’m on Fiverr due to money making and music addiction. LOL 🙂 It gives me an EXTREMELY good feeling when i think… music bought that fridge freezer. music bought that washing machine. i’m doing a job I totally adore doing and it makes me even more excited when I buy things with it. Without Fiverr i wouldn’t have nice things and I wouldn’t be living where I am now 🙂 It made living with my long distance boyfriend possible. It’s who I now am :smiley:🙂

• 3 weeks later...

When I first started here it was purely for fun. I was making people signatures for free on a message board I was active on. Someone there suggested I check out Fiverr so I did and made my first gig for signatures. I was fortunate in having a buyer who liked my style, ordered a few of my sigs and started asking if I could do other work for him. So I made my second and third gig based on his requests.

Now as I’m closing in on my 1 year mark my primary reason for being here is to increase my client base for a couple of my side businesses. I’ve started carving out a place here for line sheets and look books. Its a service I’ve been offering for years to some of the fashion lines I rep and adding those gigs to Fiverr has increased my client base as well as introducing me to designers who’s lines I may want to rep!

For me Fiverr is also community. I enjoy being with like minded people, sharing ideas, and helping each other out. There’s many people here who have helped and encouraged me and in return I try to help and encourage others whenever I can!

Nice post. I agree it seems, on first encounter, to be nuts to do stuff for $5.00! Not quite a pint of beer 😉

BUT. . . . In the real graphic and media world, people write books, work out ideas for projects, make expensive showreels and photo shoots with models etc to show to prospective clients, they paint, draw, design for their portfolio, stock sites etc etc, all in their own time, for NOTHING until they get a client or a buyer that likes what they do. More often than not they are pitching the work at people who are looking for reasons not to take it. A high percentage of the time they won’t get a buyer and all their hard work never gets appreciated.

There’s a lot of anxiety in being a freelancer. Personally I am finding Fiverr to be a good antidote, and a fun experience. For a start, it’s unpressured, drawing funny animals is what I do best, and I work fast, so I am relaxed. I get to use my creative imagination and draw cool things, for somebody who has singled me out and asked me to because they like what I do, for somebody who I ‘know’ will appreciate my work. I get a good feeling from that. And $5, (ok $4. . ) . It’s only been about a week but I’ve done 8 gigs for some lovely people and I’m really enjoying it so far 😉 So it ain’t about the money. . .

Jon

• 1 month later...
Guest dsaldridge

I’m here because I got tired of not being able to get well-paying clients, no matter what I did. I was sick of working at content mills, and the instability of that. I came here because I wanted to have more control over how much I was paid, and so far, so good.

Guest dsaldridge

Reply to @merileep: In the South, we call our fathers Daddy until we die. My parents were Mommy and Daddy even after we were all grown. My brother insisted on calling my mother “Mama” and she hated it. She also called her mother Mommy, and spoke of her Daddy. It’s really rude to make fun of people’s family traditions.

for beginning creatives its a great way to get real clients if youve never worked for somebody before, that in itself is huge. I wanted to offer graphic design services and I found people wanted logos so thats what I ended up mainly doing. I did really well. There are all types of things you can do and the experience you gain is valuable but you can keep improving and improve your finances at the same time.

Nice post. One thing that I will stress that helped me get to number 1 seller is referrals and a good deal. There are products and plans I offer on my website for 5 times more but fiverr allows me to sell almost the same package for 5 dollars. If people feel they get value they will order.

Final advice for beginners: Start with people you know and offer an exceptional deal !

We joined fiverr because we wanted to give something back. We run a media company where we provide public relations, online and offline marketing services as well as media management for medium to large clients, and when we were out attending business events for clients, we started to hear about how small business owners were struggling. We heard how small business owners wanted to receive marketing help but could not afford it. Now as you may know, marketing is not cheap, not going to deny that and I am not going to say that it is wrong what marketing companies charge, after all, what we provide helps business owners create income and increase their brand, and a lot of time and effort goes into what we do, but it did get me thinking how small business people were struggling.

We started hearing this story again and again and we helped a couple of business owners with their marketing for a very low rate, basically, we were charging them 70% less than we normally charge, but it felt good.

Then we were told about fiverr, never heard of them before but we decided to have a look and we decided that we would join and start to help small business owners as well as doing our normal work of working with big clients, after all, our big clients are our bread and butter, but it is a great feeling to help small business owners, especially when they say thank you for what we do.

We try and go that extra mile and when someone becomes a customer of ours on fiverr, we then offer them free pr and marketing advice when needed, all they have to do is contact us and ask.

Hope I have not bored you, but just wanted to explain why we are here.

Guest steveworks

I’m here because I got tired of not being able to get well-paying clients, no matter what I did. I was sick of working at content mills, and the instability of that. I came here because I wanted to have more control over how much I was paid, and so far, so good. - See more at:

• 4 weeks later...

I came to fiverr as I wanted to do something else away from my 9 to 6 job. Im the outside world I work for a freight company but in fiverr land I can let my creative juices flow as SEODummy. I’ve had 20 orders In the last few weeks for my whiteboard videos. The thrill of getting a new gig and then delivering on time and getting a great review is fantastic. I could not be more grateful.

I don’t think I’ll ever become a millionaire from this, but the people I’ve met have been fantastic and it’s a real joy to help.

Archived