If you could ask Fiverr to change only ONE thing about the current level system, what would it be?

fonthaunt

poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• -I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. I see the system as a necessary part of leveling the playing field and giving new and established sellers a different kind of chance to succeed.
    • -Even though I can do quick responses to keep response rate up, I think response rate is the most important statistic Fiverr should lower from 90% to 80%.
    • -Cancellation rate is a difficult one due to buyer actions, so I would choose to have Fiverr lower completion rate from 90% to 80%.
    • -On-time delivery is too difficult and I would choose to allow for more late deliveries and lower this one from 90% to 80%.
    • -Reviews are more difficult to control, so I would choose to allow for a 4 star rating instead of 4.8.
    • -I would actually add another statistic instead of changing the current ones. I would require all new sellers to post pictures of puppies before they could be level 1 or higher.
    • -I don’t care what Fiverr does with the level system and I don’t think level really matters. If we do a good job we’ll be fine.
    • -I think there should be no levels at all. Sellers should either have a Pro badge awarded manually or no badges of any kind.
    • -I think everyone should eat more pie, buy lotto tickets and forget about levels.

But the completion rate only looks back at 60 days, not the entire time you’ve been on fiverr. So in the last 60 days if you didn’t have orders you didn’t complete anything.

If you had even one order and that one order was not cancelled then you would be at 100%.

Everything resets to zero at 60 days. Or does it, who knows?

I am aware it only goes back 60 days. But my stats were all the same after I came back.

I got 0 orders in 76 days with 100% on all except the response rate (it was 90% when I got back a I wasn’t always replying on-time)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this since they started evaluating us on January 15?

no that was before the new evaluation system… so I didn’t really care about my response rate but NOW I have to use the Quick response when I go into vacation mode. Everything else is the same.

Fiverr even blocked me once for sending too many quick responses messages to users ( Fiverr system consider "Quick response" as SPAM )

no that was before the new evaluation system… so I didn’t really care about my response rate but NOW I have to use the Quick response when I go into vacation mode. Everything else is the same.

Fiverr even blocked me once for sending too many quick responses messages to users ( Fiverr system consider "Quick response" as SPAM )

that was before the new evaluation system

So everything has now changed probably. I wish we could get a definite answer.

You mean that response rate isn’t ‘frozen’ when we switch on VM?

The few times I’ve used VM, it actually wasn’t for vacation, I still work for regular clients who message me for custom offers usually anyway, but to get a break from having to react to spam and the “‘what does it cost to…’ - ‘it costs (exactly what the gig says it costs)’ - ‘that’s too expensive’” messages within 24 hours for a while.

I have VM on at the moment, actually, to catch up with stuff. I was under the impression that I can but don’t have to reply while VM is turned on because people who leave a message get told I’m ‘on vacation’ and will be back in x days.

I’d hate to see my rate drop for not replying to spam while VM is on, that would very much go against the spirit of VM in all its aloha glory. 🌴

I’m sure cancellations happen, but I get the feeling ordering by mistake doesn’t happen quite as often, if any, on orders of $100+. People placing larger orders are more careful about reading, understanding what they are getting - if not, they ask before placing.

I had 2 orders wrongly placed by the same buyer - one for $50 and one for $80. Can’t see how you can place $130 worth of orders incorrectly when the maximum gig total’s something like $20 TBH.

I had 2 orders wrongly placed by the same buyer - one for $50 and one for $80. Can’t see how you can place $130 worth of orders incorrectly when the maximum gig total’s something like $20 TBH.

Oh you’d be surprised!

Yes, I am genuinely surprised! 😱

So much for the get rid of problem buyers by raising your prices theory!

When it comes to returning short stories, novella of 120 pages or less on Amazon, the winners are 2.99 or less. Yup, people want refunds for low as 0.99.

This is nuts. I can’t believe people would be careless with that much money.

Oh you’d be surprised!

Yes, I am genuinely surprised! 😱

So much for the get rid of problem buyers by raising your prices theory!

When it comes to returning short stories, novella of 120 pages or less on Amazon, the winners are 2.99 or less. Yup, people want refunds for low as 0.99.

This is nuts. I can’t believe people would be careless with that much money.

I had a buyer place three identical $75 orders in a row because he didn’t think the first two went through.

When I look at sellers like @offlinehelpers who is a model professional who delivers excellent service or @youssefkamel who works his a$$ off between school, studying and Fiverr sales, and I see that they have been demoted through a little bad luck which was beyond their control, I have to say that this system is not working as intended. Surely a failsafe of some sort can be found to stop that happening.

I 100% agree with this. Those cancellations were NOT the fault of the sellers and to have them be punished is, not only unfair but, bad for morale. It puts them into the same categories as those that cancel an order 2 hours before delivery, on a 7-day order.

I do understand 5r’s reasoning was to deter the manipulation. They wanted to make this a more honest platform, unfortunately, there are way too many innocent folks getting caught in the net.

Fiverr need to educate buyers to reduce cancellations

Although, I agree with this - I’m afraid this is a difficult task for the 5r team. Human behavior is a strange one. It’s almost impossible to educate people who won’t read or even understand, no matter which method 5r implements to get potential buyers attention.

Since I don’t have any gigs, perhaps, you or someone else can educate me on this question. How often do buyers “Order by Mistake” on a larger order say $25 and more? From my readings on the forum, it appears this happens more often on order less than $25. Which leads me to believe people are careless because of the smaller dollar amount.

I’m sure cancellations happen, but I get the feeling ordering by mistake doesn’t happen quite as often, if any, on orders of $100+. People placing larger orders are more careful about reading, understanding what they are getting - if not, they ask before placing.

My point is this, which I’ve said this several times already but I have to say it again. I think those “I ordered by mistake” should have a cancellation fee of 10%. Those careless folks that does an OOPS should know they can lose money. It’s only a $1 on a $10 order but I’m positive it will help to curve this trend.

Instead of making the buyer click that disclaimer of "I provided all information . . . " which apparently have no effect on cancellation or seller getting more money; there should be a there should be a big - giant disclaimer that says

“Order by mistake transaction will result in 10% fee.”

Knowing there is a penalty, buyer’s will be more careful when placing orders. Knowing there is a penalty would make it more difficult for scam sellers to try to manipulate the system by having buyer say it was their fault during cancellation.

If the buyer initiates the cancellation with “Ordered by mistake” there should be zero effect to seller; for any other cancellation, it should affect the rate.

I’m sure cancellations happen, but I get the feeling ordering by mistake doesn’t happen quite as often, if any, on orders of $100+. People placing larger orders are more careful about reading, understanding what they are getting - if not, they ask before placing

I agree with you that is most likely the case. That was part of my strategy for having gigs with high starting points. But, this also means I sell at a lower volume. I did have one person place a “I made a mistake please cancel” at the $100 level. This killed my completion rating. It happened within a day of a chargeback. In order to keep my level I had to create a lower priced tier so I could increase the number of orders. I did it without actually lowering my rate. (I simply change the minimum order size).

I like the intent behind the level system, but I am critical of the execution. I agree too many innocent sellers get punished. However, as business owners, it is up to us to adapt to the new reality.

They are trying to manufacture great customer service from us, it isn’t going to work and they are going to lose money doing this.

As a top rated seller myself, I work full-time on the site and before this system, my on-time delivery was about 60%, my messages answered was about 70%, but I maintained a 5 - 4.9 rating, because I over delivered on orders and was super friendly to everyone.

Now, instead of this site being a really cool version of self-employment that I am in control of, it has turned into a stressful 24 hour message answer-athon where you can lose your status every single month.

Instead of issuing changes like this that do nothing but add stress, they should work on changes to the back end of the website to help sellers.

Perhaps you can hire an assistant?

I would like to say Fiverr doing well both for Sellers and buyers, we need to prove our self to get in the good place.

I would like to request Fiverr to think little bit for Sellers, There are really helpless!

Honestly, I am pretty sure that Fiverr does indeed think about Sellers. They think about Buyers too. They probably are not that interested in the helpless sellers or buyers, since it takes some skill to be a successful freelancer. As far as the level system, I don’t see thinking about sellers as a change, but I would recommend that you take the time to give yourself a helping hand and check out some valuable tips on the forum. Here are some to start:

We’ve read these on the forum quite a lot. “I’m a new seller and I can’t get orders” “It’s unfair, new sellers don’t get the attention” “Please give new sellers a chance too” “Respect the new sellers” I mentioned this in another post, but new sellers can get orders too! I know at least 3 new sellers who got their first orders within hours ( and continue to be successful) for a GOOD REASON. They did everything right. And to prove that, here’s the lovely Miss Dixie, a new seller on Fiverr. …
Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me tell you the truth. Getting started here and getting the first order is not that easy. It is not that simple. But if you are dedicated and passionate about selling your services here and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you wh…

Ready to go further? Read:

In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

How often do buyers “Order by Mistake” on a larger order say $25 and more?

Oh you’d be surprised!

How often do buyers “Order by Mistake” on a larger order say $25 and more?

I’ve had situations where a buyer has ordered too much by mistake - either miscalculated the number of words or ordered things they don’t need etc. In the interests of good customer service (and since we can’t do a partial refund which is SUPER frustrating), I have to cancel their order and get them to order again. Which means I get pinged for giving good customer service. Kinda crazy that the solution is to shut up and take their money 😉 (or what I have been doing lately, is holding their overpayment as a credit towards the next order, which is getting harder and harder to manage the more I am holding!)

I hate to say this but the cancellation part forced me to deal with hard buyers. Fiverr just proved to me that I can avoid order cancellation if I want to!
Despite the stress that comes with it, I feel like I have gained some experience in dealing with such situation.

I know that this thread is pretty old, but I’ve been AFK on the Forum for the last couple of days, and I have a suggestion that I’m not sure anybody else dislikes. As everybody else said, it would be great to have the Response Rate dropped to 80% or to implement a 2 strike demotion system, but to me, as a seller who’s average order pricing is about $10, the ratio of only needing 10 sales to $400 of profit is kind of insane just for level one. A few months ago, it was possible to make $400 in a month, but that was when I was at my peak of sales on my old account with a Level 2 status and about 50 reviews. When you’re just starting out, getting $400 seems unreasonable.

This means that if I average $10 an order, with a lot more being $5 than $10+ orders, I’d have to complete about 40 different orders just to make $400 while you only need 10 completed orders to be able to level up. In other categories that can charge more money for what the seller is offering, this may make more sense, but to get $400 in something close to 10 orders is crazy. I have all of the other stats ready but I’m not even halfway to the $400 mark with almost 20 completed orders, so I have a feeling I’m going to be inching my way to Level 1.

The statistics of this just seem uneven…

Yes! Right now just failing one metric gets you demoted.

I think cancellations that are clearly the buyer’s fault should not be counted again sellers

this is the only aspect over which sellers have no control.

I have 5 cancelled orders from which 4 of them are because of the mentioned situation

I’d see the only downfall of the level system is mistaken orders, refund cancellations and/or stubborn orders

As the main poll shows, undeserved cancellations are the big issue for most people. While some dont like other metrics being used, they at least understand the reasoning. The problem I think is that it would be very difficult to implement a system that monitored “types of cancellation” without needing a whole lot of human (expensive) supervision to ensure people do not game the system.

I have no doubt that Fiverr do not want people demoted for things which are not their fault. No doubt at all. However, ensuring that doesnt happen is the problem. That’s why I think the “2 strike” system or some other work-around solution is the answer. It does not even need to be perfect, just something that lessens the risk/strength of getting 1 or 2 cancellations in a 2 month period.

When I look at sellers like @offlinehelpers who is a model professional who delivers excellent service or @youssefkamel who works his a$$ off between school, studying and Fiverr sales, and I see that they have been demoted through a little bad luck which was beyond their control, I have to say that this system is not working as intended. Surely a failsafe of some sort can be found to stop that happening.

I have seen some sellers who reworded and rejigged their gig descriptions to try minimize the possibility of cancellations and seem to have had some success there (so everyone should check if they can improve in that way) but in other cases there is nothing that can be done about it.

I fully believe that some of these cancellations come when a buyer searches for something ambiguous and a seller who doesnt offer that service shows in results - the buyer just goes and orders without looking at the gig. No amount of rewording gigs will help that and in fact, the issue is the fault with how the buyer uses Fiverr. I get a lot of messages about translating languages that I don’t work with for example. If the buyer used the filter system like it is intended then that would be avoided.

Fiverr need to educate buyers to reduce cancellations. Perhaps the idea of “Everything you need in just one click” is being taken too literally by some new buyers. The focus to date has been on stopping sellers from cancelling but it takes two to tango and the other party has not really been looked at - I know there are some helpful guides etc being rolled out but they have not had much effect to date.

The potential workaround that could be implemented is an even more concerted effort to educate buyers on the use of the site through info pop-ups as they order for example. To push them to read gig descriptions, so they understand that what it says in the gig is what they get, regardless of whether they really, really, really want something else. Other things could be “Did you know?” type pop-ups in the bottom right which highlight important things such as “Many sellers would prefer a personal review than a $5 tip” or “A buyer cancelling orders unnecessarily can damage a seller’s reputation

This wasnt meant to be this long - well done for reading to the end.

Summary is that I get the difficulty in implementing a system to deal with unfair cancellations - so let’s look at the alternative options that would at least reduce the problems being caused.

The problem I think is that it would be very difficult to implement a system that monitored “types of cancellation” without needing a whole lot of human (expensive) supervision to ensure people do not game the system.

I believe this is true - - but at the expense of qualified professionals.

I have seen some sellers who reworded and rejigged their gig descriptions to try minimize the possibility of cancellations and seem to have had some success there (so everyone should check if they can improve in that way) but in other cases there is nothing that can be done about it.

One of the best points - everyone should take away and try to implement.

If the buyer initiates the cancellation with “Ordered by mistake” there should be zero effect to seller; for any other cancellation, it should affect the rate.

As simple as that.

most of them

cancellation, rating and every 90% to 80%… or 85% would make some relief …

these requirements are too high and inhumane

Fiverr-corpo feeling is getting stronger and stronger.

these requirements are too high and inhumane

I feel as though associating the word “inhumane” with the way Fiverr does things is a bit over-the-top dramatic.

I would like to request Fiverr to think little bit for Sellers, There are really helpless!

Honestly, I am pretty sure that Fiverr does indeed think about Sellers. They think about Buyers too. They probably are not that interested in the helpless sellers or buyers, since it takes some skill to be a successful freelancer. As far as the level system, I don’t see thinking about sellers as a change, but I would recommend that you take the time to give yourself a helping hand and check out some valuable tips on the forum. Here are some to start:

We’ve read these on the forum quite a lot. “I’m a new seller and I can’t get orders” “It’s unfair, new sellers don’t get the attention” “Please give new sellers a chance too” “Respect the new sellers” I mentioned this in another post, but new sellers can get orders too! I know at least 3 new sellers who got their first orders within hours ( and continue to be successful) for a GOOD REASON. They did everything right. And to prove that, here’s the lovely Miss Dixie, a new seller on Fiverr. …
Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me tell you the truth. Getting started here and getting the first order is not that easy. It is not that simple. But if you are dedicated and passionate about selling your services here and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you wh…

Ready to go further? Read:

In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

ee thinking about sellers as a change, but I would recommend that you take the time to give yourself a helping hand and check out some valuable tips on the forum. Here are some to start:

New sellers can get orders too. ~A message from Miss Dixie~ Tips for Sellers

I was demoted to level 2 without any seller initiated cancellations (one user never submitted order info and is no longer a user, the other was from a request to help me bully someone, they initiated cancelation). My traffic dropped and they averaged last months cancelations. That meant watching my orders completed rate drop from 92 to 85 percent and there was nothing I could do. There was zero improvement possible.

I do not know why but after evolution system my cancellation rate increased. Before evolution I had 1 or maximum 2 cancellations in 60/90 days. Now I have 9 cancellations. 6 of my cancellations’ reason were ordered by mistake and ordered without reading.

Even each cancellation effect your gig listing. 😦

I think if you saw my stats, you would understand. Trust me.

I just looked at your gig. Looks GREAT!

You’re in one of the busiest categories on Fiverr so getting to TRS requires some combination of total sales, and $$$ per month, along with all the other stats.

I personally know a half dozen people with over $50K in sales, and 2500+ reviews, all who started a year later than you. They are Level 2.

(NOT saying you’re doing bad, but just saying based on what I know, you’re doing less than some others in that category.)

For perspective: I started year later, have around 2800 reviews (over 4,200 sales to date), have large sets of repeat clients and I’m still L2. I know of a few male VO artists in the same boat.

They have earned from $40 to 60K, starting a few months before me, but also have done over 4,000 gigs, with decent monthly sales ($4-6K per month average.)

I know Fiverr values high dollar gigs, so my gut is there are simply many others ahead of us in terms of either monthly sales, or totally dollar value per month.

It’s a tougher category to get that badge.

Also note my youngest daughter was demoted to Level 1 last month. She is having her best month on Fiverr yet.

I stayed L2 both times, and Feb looks like it will be my best month to date.

IF I had been promoted last month, I’d think it was due to a new badge level. But for both my daughter and me, we are having our best months with NO promotion… (She is back to L2 again as of yesterday…)

In other words: I do want the TRS and hope to earn it soon. That said, that’s not the key to having my best month since I started… Go figure.

I know Fiverr values high dollar gigs, so my gut is there are simply many others ahead of us in terms of either monthly sales, or totally dollar value per month.

This is a huge mistake. The original Fiverr had a maximum price of $5, that was the appeal. Introducing packages was great, but discriminating in favor of higher prices is hurting the website.

When Fiverr stops being a bargain, people will stop coming. There are more people that can afford $5 or $10 than $100 or $1,000.

The level system is also destroying great gigs, prompting some to quit Fiverr. What we have here is a new kind of Darwinism. Not survival of the fittest but survival by Fiverr’s standards. Not “let the best gig win” but “hold everyone to the same standard and ignore what makes each seller unique.”

Archived