If you could ask Fiverr to change only ONE thing about the current level system, what would it be?

fonthaunt

poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• -I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. I see the system as a necessary part of leveling the playing field and giving new and established sellers a different kind of chance to succeed.
    • -Even though I can do quick responses to keep response rate up, I think response rate is the most important statistic Fiverr should lower from 90% to 80%.
    • -Cancellation rate is a difficult one due to buyer actions, so I would choose to have Fiverr lower completion rate from 90% to 80%.
    • -On-time delivery is too difficult and I would choose to allow for more late deliveries and lower this one from 90% to 80%.
    • -Reviews are more difficult to control, so I would choose to allow for a 4 star rating instead of 4.8.
    • -I would actually add another statistic instead of changing the current ones. I would require all new sellers to post pictures of puppies before they could be level 1 or higher.
    • -I don’t care what Fiverr does with the level system and I don’t think level really matters. If we do a good job we’ll be fine.
    • -I think there should be no levels at all. Sellers should either have a Pro badge awarded manually or no badges of any kind.
    • -I think everyone should eat more pie, buy lotto tickets and forget about levels.

What I really want Fiverr to change about the current level system is to be more serious about the Order cancellation & On-time delivery. Like, why would I face the consequences of irresponsible buyers who never respond after ordering, or those who don’t provide enough details. And due to these irresponsible actions, I end up cancelling the order or awaiting them to respond, which they usually don’t.

I have 5 cancelled orders from which 4 of them are because of the mentioned situation. Why can’t we just get affected by the cancellations that we’re part of. The ones that we cancel for a reason like not being able to work on that task…etc.
I’ve contacted the CS two times about this issue and on both response, they told me that any cancellation will affect my statics which I see as kinda unfair. I’ve worked for 9 months on Fiverr, 4 of them to get my level one seller badge & because of 4 irresponsible buyers, I lost it last month.

I think that this issue has been discussed many times by other sellers who were also affected by the unfairly order cancellation that we have to face it’s consequences on our accounts.

Lastly, I totally believe that what makes Fiverr special than other freelancing websites is it’s community & the services they provide. When the community is unhappy & unsuccessful, the platform will also be unsuccessful. The relation between Fiverr & it’s community is that when the community succeeds, the platform succeeds as well and vice versa.

I hope that one day, Fiverr will take these points in consideration & actually do something about it because it’s unfairly affecting too many sellers, including me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to choose the cancellation option but it doesn’t directly describe the way I feel about it.

I don’t think Fiverr should decrease it. I think cancellations that are clearly the buyer’s fault should not be counted again sellers. Once this is fixed, a humongous percentage of the complaints will disappear.

I don’t think Fiverr should decrease it. I think cancellations that are clearly the buyer’s fault should not be counted again sellers. Once this is fixed, a humongous percentage of the complaints will disappear.

I totaly agree with this!

I would ask Fiverr, what do you tell people like myself, who have far exceeded ALL of the TRS requirements and still get passed over?

How do we know what to change if I have already exceeded ALL of Fiverr’s TRS standards?

Why should I stay at Fiverr?

This is really frustrating and will probably force many very good sellers to other platforms where the platform is more seller focused. IMHO, the current standard for selecting levels sucks.

I would ask Fiverr, what do you tell people like myself, who have far exceeded ALL of the TRS requirements and still get passed over?

How do we know what to change if I have already exceeded ALL of Fiverr’s TRS standards?

This is really frustrating and will probably force many very good sellers to other platforms where the platform is more seller focused. IMHO, the current standard for selecting levels sucks.

OT

why would you leave unless you got the TRS badge?

What do you think will happen if you get it?

Hello, while you are doing great here I will give my thoughts on it.

You need a sufficiently high sales volume to be a TRS. This is what I can only guess based on things I have noticed and what happened to me. I was doing over 200 sales a month without any negative reviews. There are several factors that go into becoming a TRS.

My guess about things that are looked at for TRS and these are only guesses:

a high volume of sales–I’m not sure what that amount is exactly. I see people being made TRS who don’t seem to me to have this, so I edited it.

great reviews

on time deliveries

fast response rate

excellent communication skills with perfect grammar

something a little different in some way so you stand out

been on fiverr a sufficient amount of time (no idea what that might be)

These are guesses only but seem to be true for all the TRS I’ve seen

Hello, while you are doing great here I will give my thoughts on it.

You need a sufficiently high sales volume to be a TRS. This is what I can only guess based on things I have noticed and what happened to me. I was doing over 200 sales a month without any negative reviews. There are several factors that go into becoming a TRS.

My guess about things that are looked at for TRS and these are only guesses:

a high volume of sales–I’m not sure what that amount is exactly. I see people being made TRS who don’t seem to me to have this, so I edited it.

great reviews

on time deliveries

fast response rate

excellent communication skills with perfect grammar

something a little different in some way so you stand out

been on fiverr a sufficient amount of time (no idea what that might be)

These are guesses only but seem to be true for all the TRS I’ve seen

I think if you saw my stats, you would understand. Trust me.

TRS = More exposure, meaning more sales.

Plus some buyers believe that there is better quality with a TRS, as opposed to a level 2 seller.

Huh? Where is all that TRS exposure goodness? I could use some right about now. 🙂

Plus some buyers believe that there is better quality with a TRS, as opposed to a level 2 seller.

I am most of the time not seen on fiverr unless you click on

Top Rated Seller, then click on something else, such as Best Selling.

I’m invisible basically 95% of the time. I have lots of repeat clients to keep me going.

I think if they were to keep the current requirements but it took failure on two metrics to be demoted. This would take away power from individual buyers and allow for mistake orders.

but it took failure on two metrics to be demoted.

I think this is a brilliant suggestion, Eion! I’d love to see this passed up to the developers.

I wanted to choose the cancellation option but it doesn’t directly describe the way I feel about it.

The same here. I think 90% is fine if orders the seller made by mistake do not count against the seller.

Increasing the evaluation period to 60 days would mean it would double the amount of time you had to wait to be promoted/re-promoted. Surely if you meet the criteria for the level above you should be promoted to it as soon as possible.

Maybe there could be 2 evaluations/processes - one which checks if a user matches the criteria to advance to the next level, and this could be run as often as possible (eg. practically every day), and another process which checks whether a user should be demoted, which is run every month, to give some warning time.

I agree with this. Levels need to be reinstated as soon as you match the criteria. Not after 30 days

I didn’t see this option in there so I will add:

Take the earnings requirement out of the level determination or lower them to more realistic figures. IMO the competition is too high here to be able to make that amount of money in the required time to earn your level (if this makes sense).

I agree with this. Levels need to be reinstated as soon as you match the criteria. Not after 30 days

If that’s the case then you also need to be demoted as soon as you fail a metric.

There’s a reason evaluation is once a month.

It’s more organized, gives you more time to react as well.

If that’s the case then you also need to be demoted as soon as you fail a metric.

There’s a reason evaluation is once a month.

It’s more organized, gives you more time to react as well.

But you don’t need time to react if only the promotion evaluation gets run every day. The demotion evaluation can still be run once every month, giving you time to react to that.

But you don’t need time to react if only the promotion evaluation gets run every day. The demotion evaluation can still be run once every month, giving you time to react to that.

OK, let me repeat my argument:

Are you willing to also have instant demotion upon failing a metric? On a daily basis?

Or do you only want daily promotions but monthly demotions?

It needs to work both ways.

OK, let me repeat my argument:

Are you willing to also have instant demotion upon failing a metric? On a daily basis?

It needs to work both ways.

edit: No it doesn’t need to work the same way both ways.

Yes, the daily chance to get promoted (if the criteria are met). The promotion eval can be run daily.

Basically a demotion is bad for the seller so you need the warning (the 30 day notice etc). You need the warning to try to get your stats up to the required levels. You also will need to decide which gigs to pause if/when the demotion occurs (if you have more gigs than are allowed in the level you are demoted to, and unless you are a seller who is allowed to keep all your gigs active even when they are higher than the number of gigs normally allowed by the level you get demoted to).

The promotion is good for the seller so you don’t need the warning - it can happen the day you hit the promotion criteria.

edit: No it doesn’t need to work the same way both ways.

Yes, the daily chance to get promoted (if the criteria are met). The promotion eval can be run daily.

Basically a demotion is bad for the seller so you need the warning (the 30 day notice etc). You need the warning to try to get your stats up to the required levels. You also will need to decide which gigs to pause if/when the demotion occurs (if you have more gigs than are allowed in the level you are demoted to, and unless you are a seller who is allowed to keep all your gigs active even when they are higher than the number of gigs normally allowed by the level you get demoted to).

The promotion is good for the seller so you don’t need the warning - it can happen the day you hit the promotion criteria.

No it doesn’t need to work both ways.

Oh, well okie dokie then.

I think if they were to keep the current requirements but it took failure on two metrics to be demoted. This would take away power from individual buyers and allow for mistake orders.

and allow for mistake orders.

I’d see the only downfall of the level system is mistaken orders, refund cancellations and/or stubborn orders. Other than that, the response rate requirement and delivered on-time should be a must if Fiverr wants a seamless seller/buyer experience.

Guest jenihiggs

I don’t understand why they don’t look at percentage of repeat customers and average sales price. I think those are a much more accurate indicator of seller quality than something like response rate or cancelation rate. Or they could also track the conversion rate; the number of conversations that turn into sales. It’s still not perfect, but it gives a better picture than simply tracking response rate.

🎁 The Response Rate ~ I/Sellers shouldn’t be forced to reply to yucky SPAM or perverts or desperate sellers trying to convince me to buy their junk. Even though I flag & report WITHOUT sending a message; it still affects my RR. I want my energy to be solely focused on legitimate queries and regular clients.

Thank you!

Archived